Christmas and New Year week

ANGIELAST

Earning My Ears
Hi
I’ve just booked to arrive on Christmas Day (staying at a villa in Sunset Lakes) tell me everything I need to know. Traffic? What time should we aim to get to parks. Where should we go nye? Anything special I should book?
Should I consider arriving Christmas Eve and staying 2 nights on site or avoid Christmas Day?
Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated
Thank you

Hi
I’ve just booked to arrive on Christmas Day (staying at a villa in Sunset Lakes) tell me everything I need to know. Traffic? What time should we aim to get to parks. Where should we go nye? Anything special I should book?
Should I consider arriving Christmas Eve and staying 2 nights on site or avoid Christmas Day?
Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated
Thank you
I literally don't drive anywhere but am aware of traffic conditions (my official title when we rented a car was Navigator, 😊). It will be crowded, there will be traffic jams and it will continue way into the afternoon. It will not make a difference whether you drive or take Disney transport; all vehicles will be subjected to the same traffic conditions.

Sorry no idea if arriving early (or what time) will alleviate the problem but I’m sure other posters can help. Just be cognizant you will be there during one of the busiest days of the year and a lot of patience is needed.

Opting to arrive CE sounds like a good idea to me. We’ve given up on hanging out in the parks on NYE; too crowded. We go to Disney Springs where we can see fireworks, hear live music and enjoy a nice meal. Upstairs at Wine Bar George provided good firework views. Another year we went to Jaleo where the atmosphere was fun and the food divine despite no firework sight line- maybe if we sat in the back facing the lake? Something to explore next time.

Whatever you choose to do have fun!

Great time to go to enjoy the atmosphere, but if you must do a lot of rides, I would reconsider.

We have only been once on Christmas day. Stayed at Art of Animation and went to MK on Christmas day. It took over an hour by bus. Roads were gridlock. Driving your own car would have taken longer as the bus veers off before you get to MK parking, and the road was essentially a parking lot after that point.

I would go to MK on the 30th, because they do NYE fireworks on the 30th and 31st, and go to EPCOT on the 31st because they only do NYE fireworks the one night. However, be aware that it will be a nightmare leaving the park. We have been at WDW on NYE several times and always stay at Boardwalk so we can walk back to the hotel after the fireworks.

Avoid the parks on christmas day and nye. Vacationers and locals all flock to the property on these days, and parks have been known to deny admission due to reaching capacity on these days. Even though it is crowded , it is by far the best place to be for the holidays

FREE VACATION PLANNING!

Dreams Unlimited Travel is here to help you plan your ideal Disney vacation, with no additional cost to you. Our Authorized Disney Vacation Planners offer expert advice, answer all your questions, and constantly seek out the best discounts, ensuring you get the most value for your trip. Let us handle the details so you can focus on making magical memories.
CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest