Chris Rock Live: Selective Outrage

DLGal, we'll meet and go to Disneyland one day and F-bomb our way (quietly) through the park! Seriously, though, I know I F-bomb a lot. I mainly do it at work. It's creeped in on me. I used to be in my 20s and thought it was HORRIBLE to use the "F" word. I do use it much too often. Mainly just between very close friends and some coworkers. I blame it on my career in the military (pilots and sailors for 30 years). That's how it goes at work and I just fell into it.

I tone it way down with my elderly parents because I know they find it offensive. I certainly don't speak that way in company where I don't know them. But when I'm with my fellow F-bombers, it's oddly sort of joyful. Can't explain it!

F yeah!

Haha....like Christine said, I know who my fellow F-bombers are and know when it's cool to let the F-bombs fly. I'm a pretty prolific curser in my car too....do a lot of local driving and there are just tons of idiots on the road. If I kept all of that in, I'd probably would have died from stress a decade ago! I don't do hand gestures or anything like that though....too many crazy people out there.

Haha....like Christine said, I know who my fellow F-bombers are and know when it's cool to let the F-bombs fly. I'm a pretty prolific curser in my car too....do a lot of local driving and there are just tons of idiots on the road. If I kept all of that in, I'd probably would have died from stress a decade ago! I don't do hand gestures or anything like that though....too many crazy people out there.

Exactly. I know when to reign it in. I AM a classy broad and know when to behave.

Holy freak, I think a few freakin folks here freakin misunderfreakinstood the freakin extent of what the freak I was talking about.

Surely you ladies don't talk like that when you say you drop f-bombs. I'm talking every other word here. Like the way women talked in these romantic comedies of the 2000's into 2010's, I have never heard a woman speak in a manner that would make the Sopranos blush.

But yeah, if you do speak in general conversations in public with anyone you come across far worse than Hollyweird depicts mafia families, that would be very highly unattractive.

I am in no way against "intentional and deliberate" profanity usage.

I can’t think of one romcom from that period where the women are saying the F word every other word.

What are some examples?

I swear a lot but not in front of children or strangers. Well at least not out loud. 😏

That's about what I figured. Yet somehow only women in rom coms were criticized for profanity and lewdness.
I have no dog in that fight- I'm just telling you there are female driven rom-coms out there that are raunchy.

I'd say in the raunch department, it's equal to The Hangover.

Eh, I think I may have to disagree. The Hangover is for sure rated R but I'm not sure I would say it is quite as bad as Bridesmaids. Barring a couple of scenes I would watch The Hangover with my teenagers. I wouldn't watch Bridesmaids with them.

Eh, I think I may have to disagree. The Hangover is for sure rated R but I'm not sure I would say it is quite as bad as Bridesmaids. Barring a couple of scenes I would watch The Hangover with my teenagers. I wouldn't watch Bridesmaids with them.
Fair enough- I won't disagree that Bridesmaids might even go beyond Hangover. Which has full frontal male, by the way.

I'm guessing y'all don't watch a lot of Irish films? (They change the spelling to reflect the accent, so it tends to get past the US ratings police.)

The one and only time I ever got annoyed at the amount of cursing in a film was "Dogma", which I really otherwise liked (and which Chris Rock had a minor role in.)
It had *so* much cursing that it grew tiresome and distracted from the plot, which was rather intricate. Roger Ebert's review noted that the characters "use profanity as punctuation."

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter