Chris Rock Live: Selective Outrage

Not for me, because it's a misrepresentation. I was put off by the follow on suggestion to murder 4 year olds...
Again it was meant to provoke thought. I personally believe it would be a better show without that segment. It was an uncomfortable few minutes and totally unexpected.

Last edited:
You know who's great? Jeff Foxworthy. He is darn funny without being as out there as many of the big comics today.
He is fantastic. Also, and I'm not some prude, he doesn't feel the need to litter his show with profanity over and over again. Not really sure why many of today's top comics feel the need to do so.

Here's a note that I haven't seen anywhere yet:

I saw CR on the tour leading up to this special and this was the EXACT same set...right down to the "preacher style" cadence he used.

The Will/Jada bit at the end was the only difference...and it wasn't the best material he had, but good for him- they both had it coming.

No, not new, but probably the reason I don't listed or watch most of them. Generally immature, insecure and not all that funny.

Obviously that's your opinion, but the intentional and deliberate use of profanity signals a higher intelligence and mastery of language.

And yeah, ALL comedians are insecure. That's the entire reason they became comedians.

Obviously that's your opinion, but the intentional and deliberate use of profanity signals a higher intelligence and mastery of language.

And yeah, ALL comedians are insecure. That's the entire reason they became comedians.
Note, you say "intentional and deliberate use". F-bombing every other word is not "intentional and deliberate use" to me.

Compare 90's action movies with "intentional and deliberate use" of profanity and compare it to female characters F-bombing every other word in regular conversation in romantic comedies of recent past for example.

A coworker once said, "you don't talk to many women, do you?" when we were talking about this at work. I responded with, "maybe the women I choose to converse with are a bit higher class than the ones you choose to talk to..."

Note, you say "intentional and deliberate use". F-bombing every other word is not "intentional and deliberate use" to me.

Compare 90's action movies with "intentional and deliberate use" of profanity and compare it to female characters F-bombing every other word in regular conversation in romantic comedies of recent past for example.

A coworker once said, "you don't talk to many women, do you?" when we were talking about this at work. I responded with, "maybe the women I choose to converse with are a bit higher class than the ones you choose to talk to..."
So you have an issue with women cussing?

I'm a woman who F bombs quite a lot. I also have a degree in English from a good University. I married a Marine. Cursing is the norm between us. He is pretty darn smart and successful himself. I consider myself a pretty classy broad.

Ummm, what?

My personal opinion-and I realize it is just that-but for me the mark of a good comedian is when they don't resort to swearing and s*x jokes to get a laugh. Because that is what most comedians do to me and it seems lazy. Stand out from the crowd-do the hard work. And when it gets to the point of constant swearing it becomes just as annoying to me as someone constantly saying "uh" or "like." I work at a high school and hear constant swearing. It makes me think they don't actually know what those words mean as they use them without any meaning. At which point they are useless.

Holy freak, I think a few freakin folks here freakin misunderfreakinstood the freakin extent of what the freak I was talking about.

Surely you ladies don't talk like that when you say you drop f-bombs. I'm talking every other word here. Like the way women talked in these romantic comedies of the 2000's into 2010's, I have never heard a woman speak in a manner that would make the Sopranos blush.

But yeah, if you do speak in general conversations in public with anyone you come across far worse than Hollyweird depicts mafia families, that would be very highly unattractive.

I am in no way against "intentional and deliberate" profanity usage.

My personal opinion-and I realize it is just that-but for me the mark of a good comedian is when they don't resort to swearing and s*x jokes to get a laugh. Because that is what most comedians do to me and it seems lazy. Stand out from the crowd-do the hard work. And when it gets to the point of constant swearing it becomes just as annoying to me as someone constantly saying "uh" or "like." I work at a high school and hear constant swearing. It makes me think they don't actually know what those words mean as they use them without any meaning. At which point they are useless.

I know Ellen Degeneres's reputation has taken a hit in recent years but I watched her comedy special Relatable on Netflix last year and I really enjoyed it. I think she only dropped one f bomb and that was in reference to being asked to take her shoes off at a friends house while wearing her favorite socks that had holes and she said "I gotta get the f outta here!!!" I mean I can relate to that lol.

I also don't recall any dirty stories of the adult nature but could be mistaken. I just thought it was very well done.

I also enjoy Amy Shumer though she does tell some adult jokes. Maybe not as bad as some others but they are there.

I like Chris but he’s had better stand up specials in the past on HBO. That said, it was so great to hear him speak about the whole Will Smith thing finally. And his take was spot on! Selective Outrage indeed.

I saw the section of him talking about Will & Jada. I agree, he was spot on in calling Will & especially Jada out about their crap, and what JADA has put Will through with her "entanglement," telling the world about it, while humiliating Will in an interview. Him taking it, then only after seeing Jada roll her eyes at Chris' joke, did he unleash on someone who wouldn't hit back. :sad2:

It was also cool to see all the people who showed up for him in person and on tape for this event. He has lots of friends in his corner you can tell.

Yes, it was great to see how many people have his back. :thumbsup2

Last edited:

Twice no mention of men's use of the f bomb. Got it 👍

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter