Child credit question

mmiller711

Mouseketeer
I have a couple of questions...

First I will have twins age 18 months with me. Will they both receive dining credits even though they are under three and so not required to pay?

Second if they have left over credits due to sharing some meals can an adult in the room use them instead of losing them?

You only get dining credits for guests that you pay for.

Disney is currently not making a distinction between credits paid for at the regular rate versus credits paid for at the child 3-9 rate.

1. Because they're under 3 they will not be on the DDP. They're pretty much free on buffets and if they share a plate with you. If you choose to purchase a kid's meal for them, you will have to pay OOP for it.

2. Moot, because they're not on DDP. If you have credits leftover, you can use them any way you wish. We've used credits to treat our parents, or use snack credits to get popcorn for other people, etc.

The only way an "under 3" can receive credits is if you buy park passes for them. This usually makes it impractical since they do not require a park pass for admission.

If you are on free dining, they will not be on the plan. If you are on paid dining, you would have to buy at least a one day park pass for each child. Since that is like $50 each, it makes no sense.

Under 3 eat free at family style and buffet meals. At other meals, they can share off your plate for free or you can purchase a child's meal for them.

Actually, the only way to receive dining credits for a child is if you pay the $10.99 per day for them. There have been reports that Disney has been lenient about this, and has allowed guests, on request, to pay for the Dining Plan for children under the age of 3. Those guests are required to purchase (at least a one day) park pass for the child to qualify the child for the Dining Plan. Beyond that, since the child is under 3, you likely will be permitted to bring the child into the parks without using up the park pass you purchased. Just ask -- while there are no guarantees, Disney is often very generous about this sort of thing, and I haven't heard of a case where a child under 3, for whom Disney has allowed purchase of the Dining Plan, being required to use the admission pass for entry while still under 3. Assuming you're able to do as I suggest, then you can use the park pass in a few years, when the child is older and requires to pay for admission.

Thank you so much for all the help. Since there are now going to be 12 - 6 adults, 3 children, and 3 infants - I think we can share with the infants with no problem. As stated, I knew they could eat free at the buffet and with table service meals I am sure there will be sooooo much food no one could eat it all. We never order appetizers or deserts! I don't think we would spend the $150 for a few extra drinks it would cost to buy them tickets.
Thanks again....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter