Chicago Cubs fans - Rebuilding Year 2023

I was thinking more along the lines of walk Albies every time, bunt and small ball. AAJ's catch was INSANE and Addie and KB still hitting, unfortunate to waste it. Chatwood was doing ok & while I know Joe went with the short leash for the match~ups, I kinda wish he had left him in to finish the 6th. Great hustle by Duensing to 1st on that DP tho!:thumbsup2 I think Joe left CJ in for the mental aspect, so he could literally face Markaikas again (wasn't that who hit the homer off of him yesterday?) but it didn't go so well. I guess one could look at things like we are pretty good for a 4th place team :crazy:
Only problem with walking Albies every time is Acuna batting right after him. Unless you want to try for a double play. I'd just like to see a lot fewer walks by our pitchers period.

Warning....large pictures on the way...

I thought the DIS would automatically fit them, but in my TR, I was told they were very large, so still figuring out how to do this without using a "free" picture hosting site that will screw everyone up when they decide they're not going to be free anymore.

I've got all of the pictures from the first night uploaded, but the DIS doesn't like me putting a URL in here, so....
You know my username. Remove the doc at the beginning and the 1 at the end.

go to www . THATREMAININGTEXT .org/Cubs/20180515
All the pictures are there. Since I'm just trying to provide pictures and not in any way trying to make money or promote my goods, this will be okay.
If you have any issues, PM me and I'll see if I can put a URL in a PM.

Our seats were a few rows behind the Cubs (visitor's) bullpen. Got some with Willy

Now the large pictures (which are there, but hope you like)...
IMG_0420.JPG

IMG_0425.JPG

IMG_0426.JPG

IMG_0430.JPG

IMG_0434.JPG

IMG_0436.JPG

IMG_0451.JPG

There are a lot more pictures, but these are the best/closest ones.

Only problem with walking Albies every time is Acuna batting right after him. Unless you want to try for a double play. I'd just like to see a lot fewer walks by our pitchers period.
I'd take the chances, lol...and Chatwood was way down on his walks yesterday which makes Joe pulling him a little bit of a head scratcher but I imagine it was a big picture move.

Warning....large pictures on the way...

I thought the DIS would automatically fit them, but in my TR, I was told they were very large, so still figuring out how to do this without using a "free" picture hosting site that will screw everyone up when they decide they're not going to be free anymore.

I've got all of the pictures from the first night uploaded, but the DIS doesn't like me putting a URL in here, so....
You know my username. Remove the doc at the beginning and the 1 at the end.

go to www . THATREMAININGTEXT .org/Cubs/20180515
All the pictures are there. Since I'm just trying to provide pictures and not in any way trying to make money or promote my goods, this will be okay.
If you have any issues, PM me and I'll see if I can put a URL in a PM.

Our seats were a few rows behind the Cubs (visitor's) bullpen. Got some with Willy

Now the large pictures (which are there, but hope you like)...
IMG_0420.JPG

IMG_0425.JPG

IMG_0426.JPG

IMG_0430.JPG

IMG_0434.JPG

IMG_0436.JPG

IMG_0451.JPG

There are a lot more pictures, but these are the best/closest ones.
These are AWESOME! I especially like the overhead shot of Willy and Zo and Addie doing the warm ups. Caught them at the right time, lol Addies glove is levitating! Thanks for posting! Are you guys going again?

These are AWESOME! I especially like the overhead shot of Willy and Zo and Addie doing the warm ups. Caught them at the right time, lol Addies glove is levitating! Thanks for posting! Are you guys going again?

I'll be posting more from last night's game. Those were from Tuesday night.

Unfortunately, we're not going tonight. DD has classes on Thursday nights, so that's why I picked Tu & We games.

Unfortunately, it stinks for my 2nd job (umpiring softball) this week since I was only able to do games on Monday and maybe tomorrow.

Thanks for the photos Doc. I especially like the ones of Willy from the top, Yu pitching and Zobie looking goofy doing (I assume) a vine step to warm up.

Thanks for the photos Doc. I especially like the ones of Willy from the top, Yu pitching and Zobie looking goofy doing (I assume) a vine step to warm up.
We saw Zo doing that in Miami, too.

Many of them did it, I just happened catch him doing it. I missed the shot I was trying to get...I was trying to catch Addie, Zo and KB all in the same shot. As meatloaf said...2 out of 3 ain't bad.

Looks like we are going in with full ammo tonight..(please include small ball)
Time to balance out the Baby Braves lineup~

4654587d716596612f694251eace43e2--chicago-cubs.jpg
LETS GO CUBBIES!!!!!!!!!!!
images

DdbDVipVwAEidmp.jpg

Hope Addie is alive tonight. And that Javy doesn't swing at everything further out than his bat or at his ankles.

Small ball, indeed.

Hope Addie is alive tonight. And that Javy doesn't swing at everything further out than his bat or at his ankles.

Small ball, indeed.
Javy bumped down, and I am sure he has been told to walk, not K, LOL. The Braves pitcher was just called up today, he is supposed to be pretty stellar.ETA..Fried was called up to replace Soroka..which would be better (on paper) hope we can get this game in! They really have a great team, leaps and bounds from last year. Many comparing them to the 2015 Cubs. A lot for Braves fans to be excited about, new team, new park..no one wants to remember all those L's from the last few years.

Bote sent back down :( #EveryBoteOut
The #Cubs today recalled LHP Randy Rosario from @IowaCubs and optioned INF David Bote to Triple-A.
Rosario turns 24 tomorrow and had been awesome at Iowa (0.52 ERA, 0.87 WHIP) in 17.1 IP. Cubs only have 3 guys on their bench tonight then and have a 9-man bullpen.

I guess if Monty is needed tonight that means, either Azolay or Rosario in Sat's dblheader. Or ...it WILL be Monty Sat and Rosario goes tonight.

Last edited:
START DELAYED DUE TO RAIN

Lester on the bump so of COURSE storms in the forecast.
EP-704279829.jpg&updated=201104271824&MaxW=800&maxH=800&noborder

but rain has always looked better to me since '16
333g3gb-photo-78-640x481.jpg

With a game tomorrow and red eye flight tonight, a delay really isn't ideal tho

I'm loving all these old clips they are playing during the rain delay to celebrate 70 years of WGN and Cubs baseball.

Cubs vs Phillies in 1979 (I think it was that year) final score in 10 innings Phillies 23, Cubs 22.

Billy Williams made some great catches in LF.

And their pants were really tight in the 80's and 90's.

I'm loving all these old clips they are playing during the rain delay to celebrate 70 years of WGN and Cubs baseball.

Cubs vs Phillies in 1979 (I think it was that year) final score in 10 innings Phillies 23, Cubs 22.

Billy Williams made some great catches in LF.

And their pants were really tight in the 80's and 90's.
and we no hit the Astro's multiple time's, lol.

so a possible update at 8:30 on IF there will indeed be a game tonight. Doesn't look good. I feel like Ian could have given a heads up on inclement weather :rotfl:

Last edited:
POSTPONED rescheduled for Aug. 30 at 6:35 p.m central

on the upside, Phillie's with an 8th inning rally against the Dirty Bird's 4-0.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter