Chef Mickeys

PaDisneyCouple

DIS Veteran
Dateline: 10/27
Location: Chef Mickeys. We were staying at CR, and had to try it.
Atmosphere: In the cavernous CR concourse.
ADR's: Yes, 0700.
Arrival time: 0700.
Wait time: about 5 minutes.
Characters: Chip, Dale, Mickey, Minnie, Goofy, Pluto. It was nice that they informed us of the route the characters would take as we were seated. No doubt this saves the characters from being mobbed on sight.
The Food: a very nice buffet. I enjoyed the silver dollar pancakes, bacon, scrambled eggs, OJ, hot chocolate, breakfast pizza, and potatoes with bacon and cheddar cheese. DW had a banana, vegetable lasgna, Mickey waffles, vegetable quiche, coffee, and Apple Juice.
The Sell: While the picture of DW and I in front of the giant plate came out very nice, it didn't seem worth the $30 they were asking.
Noise Factor: Off the charts. I think there were only 3 tables, including ours, without children.
Doing it again? Only if staying at CR. Now, we enjoyed this meal. We have some great photos with the characters. As DW puts it, "Chef Mickeys is one of those definitive Disney experiences."

Enjoyed reading your review ~ Thanx for sharing.

Uncleromulus said:
Did you guys get to meet any characters???
We met: Chip, Dale, Pluto, Mickey, and after a slight wait, Minnie. Goofy was out by the buffet. As we approached him, a flock of small children and camera toting parents swooped in upon him. We decided not to wait. Had to get to MK.

they open at 7:00am, right? I 'm surprised there was any wait at all.

Thanks for the review.

Glad that you enjoyed Chef Mickey's. We always do dinner on our first night and then breakfast on our last day. It has been a tradition now for the past 7 years. We love it!!! :)

matt&jakesmom said:
Glad that you enjoyed Chef Mickey's. We always do dinner on our first night and then breakfast on our last day. It has been a tradition now for the past 7 years. We love it!!! :)

We went to Breakfast our last 2 trips at CM but for our next trip we plan to do what you do... CM dinner on our arrival day and CM breakfast on our last day.

Loralie

Glad you enjoyed your breakfast. We are looking forward to ours Dec 10.

thanks

Cass said:

We've also had 7am ADR and had a few minutes to wait as well. The hold up seemed to be the families in front of us getting their pictures taken in front of the plate - wasn't worth it to us either.

I have a 7:am ADR there in December, I don't think I've eaten breakfast before 10am in my life!!

Cass said:

Thanks for the review.

DW here.
We normally get to a meal 5 to 10 minutes before ADR. This time we got there right at 7am. The problem, I realized as I was in the shower lathering my hair was that I didn't recall seeing a hairdryer in the bathroom. DH called guest services who informed him there should be a hair dryer in the room, on the wall. I guess they forgot to put that in after the renovation. Mousekeeping brought one up in just a few minutes. In hindsight I should have gone with damp hair and put a hat on. I think we hit the 7am rush, and also the people who had ADRs after 7 arriving early.

We just ate at Chef Mickeys and I totally agree about the price of the picture. It seems like an awful lot of money to just be standing in front of the plate with no characters. Maybe if Mickey was in the picture it might be worth it. We passed on buying the picture but the photographer said we could go ahead and take our own picture there if we wanted to.

mamamary said:
We just ate at Chef Mickeys and I totally agree about the price of the picture. It seems like an awful lot of money to just be standing in front of the plate with no characters. Maybe if Mickey was in the picture it might be worth it. We passed on buying the picture but the photographer said we could go ahead and take our own picture there if we wanted to.

We bought the picture but I won't do it again. I think it was a lot of money for the plate. I did not even think of taking a pic there on my own, wish I had.

Thanks for the review. DH and I also do not have kids, but we've enjoyed our breakfasts at Chef Mickeys. :mickeyjum

The food sounds yummy!! We made reservations for 10:30am one of the mornings of our upcoming trip. The kids will be 6 and 9...hope they like it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter