Chef Mickey and Tusker House ROL Questions

sweetnjmom

DIS Veteran
Trying to finalize my ADRs (my 180 is next Monday) and need to make a strategy. My son really wants to have breakfast at Chef Mickey's this trip. We've never eaten there and he'll be 9 the week before our trip... so perhaps the last year he REALLY wants to eat there. I've heard it's a hard one to get. Do you think 180+3 will be OK?

And then we want to do the ROL dining package at Tusker House. But from what I'm reading, it's not available at 180 days (we want on at our 180+5). Should I book a regular Tusker House breakfast and hope I can drop/swap it for the package later? Or can I actually book the package at 180+ days?

You should have no issue getting CM at 180+3
You won't be able to "swap" a regular TH ADR for ROL package, so if the package isn't available at 180 just wait until it becomes available.

You should have no issue getting CM at 180+3
You won't be able to "swap" a regular TH ADR for ROL package, so if the package isn't available at 180 just wait until it becomes available.

OK, thanks. That part will drive me batty... I like having everything planned out.

OK, thanks. That part will drive me batty... I like having everything planned out.
I hear ya. I have never booked the ROL package but I have booked Fantasmic and it didn't get released until something like 120 days....which led me to obsessive checking each and every morning. Good luck!

[QUOTE="ENJDisneyFan, post: You won't be able to "swap" a regular TH ADR for ROL package, so if the package isn't available at 180 just wait until it becomes available.[/QUOTE]

Unless things have changed very recently that's not quite correct. It appears that the regular ADRs and the ROL packages come out of the same pool of reservations. Disney doesn't hold reservations back for the ROL package. There have been people who have booked a regular Tusker House ADR and then when the ROL package came out dropped the ADR to pick up the ROL package at the same time. However, it hasn't always worked. You have to remember that there are tons of people looking for ADRs. Someone could scoop up the time out from under you when you are trying to make the switch. There has also been speculation that sometimes the ADRs don't always re-release immediately. There was a lot of talk about this past fall as the ROL dining package didn't end up getting released (for the late Nov/Dec timeframe) until about 60 days before.

This has been my personal experience. I had booked a regular lunch Tusker House to be safe. By the time the dining package came out I had changed my mind and was hoping for a later breakfast. When the dining package came out, I immediately was lucky enough to find the breakfast ADR I was hoping for. Prior to releasing my lunch ADR, I checked the dining package for lunch and there was nothing around the timeframe of the ADR I currently had. I then I released my original lunch ADR. I immediately went back to the dining package area (out of curiosity) and searched for lunch and there was the time I had just released. So yes it is possible.

[QUOTE="ENJDisneyFan, post: You won't be able to "swap" a regular TH ADR for ROL package, so if the package isn't available at 180 just wait until it becomes available.

Unless things have changed very recently that's not quite correct. It appears that the regular ADRs and the ROL packages come out of the same pool of reservations. Disney doesn't hold reservations back for the ROL package. There have been people who have booked a regular Tusker House ADR and then when the ROL package came out dropped the ADR to pick up the ROL package at the same time. However, it hasn't always worked. You have to remember that there are tons of people looking for ADRs. Someone could scoop up the time out from under you when you are trying to make the switch. There has also been speculation that sometimes the ADRs don't always re-release immediately. There was a lot of talk about this past fall as the ROL dining package didn't end up getting released (for the late Nov/Dec timeframe) until about 60 days before.

This has been my personal experience. I had booked a regular lunch Tusker House to be safe. By the time the dining package came out I had changed my mind and was hoping for a later breakfast. When the dining package came out, I immediately was lucky enough to find the breakfast ADR I was hoping for. Prior to releasing my lunch ADR, I checked the dining package for lunch and there was nothing around the timeframe of the ADR I currently had. I then I released my original lunch ADR. I immediately went back to the dining package area (out of curiosity) and searched for lunch and there was the time I had just released. So yes it is possible.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I just meant that you can't actually modify an existing reservation into a ROL package. You have to drop the original (which may or may not be released back into inventory immediately) and book a new one under the package. I'm glad you've had success doing so though.

This has been my personal experience. I had booked a regular lunch Tusker House to be safe. By the time the dining package came out I had changed my mind and was hoping for a later breakfast. When the dining package came out, I immediately was lucky enough to find the breakfast ADR I was hoping for. Prior to releasing my lunch ADR, I checked the dining package for lunch and there was nothing around the timeframe of the ADR I currently had. I then I released my original lunch ADR. I immediately went back to the dining package area (out of curiosity) and searched for lunch and there was the time I had just released. So yes it is possible.

Yeah, I just meant that you can't actually modify an existing reservation into a ROL package. You have to drop the original (which may or may not be released back into inventory immediately) and book a new one under the package. I'm glad you've had success doing so though.

As a FYI - yesterday was my 180 days and I was able to book a Tusker House ROL package for breakfast at 180+5 -- though by phone only; it wouldn't work on either the website or MDE app.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter