Checking In w/ Rented DVC points??

ohitshope95

Earning My Ears
Hello everyone! Longtime looker, first time poster :-)

A few of my friends and I decided to take the plunge and rent DVC points for July at OKW (super excited) for the first time! Everything has gone great so far and I couldn't have asked for a better experience through Dave's.

I'm probably being a little paranoid here because i'm used to booking my hotel stays through the Disney website and not by using someone else's DVC points, but will we have any trouble checking in to OKW in-person? We'd usually do it online but we wanted to try it the old-fashioned way for once. :P

Thank you!!

No, you won't.

If you have any location requests, they need to be put through the owner, in advance, or within the limited scope of the online check-in. The desk only has limited ability to switch you when you arrive in person.

You check in the same as any Disney reservation, link the reservation to your MDE account, order MB's, make ADR's.

:earsboy: Bill

No, you won't.

If you have any location requests, they need to be put through the owner, in advance, or within the limited scope of the online check-in. The desk only has limited ability to switch you when you arrive in person.

The generic location requests can still be put in through the Disney website, same as a hotel stay, for renters. I have no idea if they work, though. I put in a request for a high floor at BLT and ended up on the 6th. No complaints from me, though.

The note field that MS uses to make your room requests isn't visible to us. If you make a request via the online check in form, it overwrites notes added by MS.

The note field that MS uses to make your room requests isn't visible to us. If you make a request via the online check in form, it overwrites notes added by MS.

Yes, and I am grateful to posters like you for pointing that out. For future reservations, I will make sure to avoid online requests in order to make more specific requests like "even numbered room", or "not a room ending in 17"

Yes, and I am grateful to posters like you for pointing that out. For future reservations, I will make sure to avoid online requests in order to make more specific requests like "even numbered room", or "not a room ending in 17"

My guess is that online check in was dreamed up by Disney to expedite cash check ins, especially convention or resorts where 40 people want to check in at the same time and they don't want to stop by the front desk. This moved the guests along and allowed Disney to reduce the front desk staff. Since it's their product, request choices don't line up with the DVC resorts and DVC has no power to have them correct the choices. Once available, little money was spent to add the option to the DVC website.

There have been reports here that negative requests such as "not a room ending in 17" can backfire. The theory is that the room assigner might overlook the word "not" and see the request as "a room ending in 17" and assign you to the very room you hoped to avoid.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!