Character Meet ‘n Greet Chatter

scrappinginontario

We often get asked, 'Hey! Is Anna meeting right now?' or, 'Where can we meet Donald?'

This thread will be common place to ask such questions and provide information to others who may also be looking.

To find which characters are currently greeting:

- open MDE app
- select the upside down teardrop on the bottom of the screen
- change centre dropdown to 'Characters'
- change right dropdown to 'Show List'
IMG_5845.png

A list of all characters who are meeting that day will be displayed. For additional details (e.g. park, location, hours, etc.) click the specific character.
IMG_5846.png

Note: This needs to be done during park operational hours as characters can change daily.

Another random event that sometimes happens in Epcot is called a Character Palooza! These are not advertised so there is no way of knowing when they might happen. They take place in the America Pavilion beside the Regal Eagle. A character palooza is when a number of (sometimes rare) characters will appear unexpectedly for a meet n greet. They're fun to stumble upon and you'll feel like it's a bit of Pixie Dust added to your day!

Last edited:
Eek, I feel like I prompted this with my last post, sorry!

I guess my new question: Do characters always show up in the app now? (Excluding Studios and Epcots' Paloozas)

I've been checking regularly for Meeko and have never seen him in the app, but someone in my socials met him last week. Wondering if maybe that was a day I didn't check, or if he is a random pop-up without a published schedule.

Last edited:
Eek, I feel like I prompted this with my last post, sorry!

I guess my new question: Do characters always show up in the app now? (Excluding Studios and Epcots' Paloozas)

I've been checking regularly for Meeko and have never seen him in the app, but someone in my socials met him last week. Wondering if maybe that was a day I didn't check (which will make it easy to find him later), or if he is a random pop-up without a published schedule.

You actually helped me as this was a thread I've been meaning to start for a while and just had not taken the time. :)

I would guess that the person who met Meeko did so at a Palooza as I believe characters who are meeting are normally published on the app.

Where/when are these Palooza's?? Is there a common time and place? I remember going to the one at Hollywood Studios down past TOT years ago.

I don't know about times but Palooza's in Epcot take place just to the left of the America pavilion, Regal Eagle side.

Not sure if this is common but when we were there in August 2023 the characters were out around 1:30 and included Goofy, Chip and Dale, Eeyore, Pluto, Mickey, Donald and Minnie.

That list should tell you the characters outfit too right? Like Mexico pavilion Donald and Dino land chip n dale?

Where/when are these Palooza's?? Is there a common time and place? I remember going to the one at Hollywood Studios down past TOT years ago.

In Epcot, they happen in the American Adventure pavilion at the gate next to Regal Eagle. Sometimes, these Paloozas happen multiple times a day, so don't get discouraged if you miss one! The times are random, but they can start as early as 10 or 11 AM. If you're in the area closer to noon, local CMs might be able to give you a hint as to whether they've seen characters in the area that day or not ::yes::

Hollywood Studios Paloozas are even more random than this. I'm not an expert on the DHS Paloozas but I've heard lately they've been happening closer to 4 PM-6 PM, in the same place you described: a gate opens next to Tower of Terror and there's a courtyard in that area with a handful of random characters.

Not all characters show up on MDE
You are correct but any who have a scheduled Meet ‘n Greet are in the app. Others show up for sure but those are more about being in the right place at the right time.

This thread is here for both purposes. Advertised plus a place for people to ask, ‘Has anyone seen xxxx’ and others can share their experiences.

I met Meeko!

Based on info gathered from here and reddit, I took a guess that Meeko meets just after 9:00, 10:00 and/or 11:00 beside the stroller rentals at DAK

Sure enough, he popped out around 9:05 today. Pocahontas was also out further up in the Oasis.

Neither appeared in the app, but it seems that they are anecdotally meeting regularly enough that there's a pattern.

Thanks all for your help!

Last edited:
Are the character meet and greets shown online without the app? I don't have a cell phone, but can I find them on my laptop?

Just wanted to add that in the drop down box if you change from wait times and characters etc. to entertainment you can find out when the bands in UK or Canada play or the tiger drums in Japan or talent in any other park. I found these very helpful.

Are the character meet and greets shown online without the app? I don't have a cell phone, but can I find them on my laptop?

This link has most-- but not all-- Characters with showtimes on the Walt Disney World Resort website:

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/entertainment/#/character-experiences/sort=alpha/

This is the official Walt Disney World website, but it doesn't seem like it's comprehensive. For example: I don't see Fairy Godmother and the Step Sisters from Cinderella here, but they usually meet in Fantasyland behind the Castle from early morning-mid afternoon.

Is there anyone specific you're looking for? You can Google "(name of character) Disney World Meet and Greet" to see if that brings any specific results, or you can let us know here and we can do our best to point you in the right direction!

This link has most-- but not all-- Characters with showtimes on the Walt Disney World Resort website:

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/entertainment/#/character-experiences/sort=alpha/

This is the official Walt Disney World website, but it doesn't seem like it's comprehensive. For example: I don't see Fairy Godmother and the Step Sisters from Cinderella here, but they usually meet in Fantasyland behind the Castle from early morning-mid afternoon.

Is there anyone specific you're looking for? You can Google "(name of character) Disney World Meet and Greet" to see if that brings any specific results, or you can let us know here and we can do our best to point you in the right direction!

Thanks! I was hoping to be able to see if they were still listing the times for Mando & Grogu, specifically. :)

Thanks! I was hoping to be able to see if they were still listing the times for Mando & Grogu, specifically. :)

Oh, nice! I don't see Mando on the website, but he walks around Black Spire Outpost with Grogu from around ~9-ish in the morning to ~4-ish in the afternoon most days, some days it's more like 10-5. Usually, if you wait around the spot where they makes their entrance at the top of the hour, you have a good chance of interacting and possibly snapping a picture with them, though the attendants will do a really good job of keeping them moving throughout the land to avoid drawing a huge crowd.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter