Changing 2022 cruise to 2023?

ninergrl6

Mouseketeer
Now that the summer 2023 itineraries have been released, I want to change my 2022 Med cruise to 2023. Do I have to cancel the first one and book a new trip, or can I just transfer the 2022 reservation/payments I already made? This question has probably been asked and answered before but I'm not sure where to find the info. Anything y'all can share is greatly appreciated!

can I just transfer the 2022 reservation/payments I already made? This question has probably been asked and answered before but I'm not sure where to find the info
As long as you aren't using any credits that expire on 30 September 2022 I think you should just be able to migrate everything.

When is your 2022 cruise? Be sure you don't bump up against the penalty phase before the booking date opens for you, and you should be able to modify. As PP mentions, if you are using any FCC it expires in Sept. so you would lose that extra.

When is your 2022 cruise? Be sure you don't bump up against the penalty phase before the booking date opens for you, and you should be able to modify. As PP mentions, if you are using any FCC it expires in Sept. so you would lose that extra.
Penalty wouldn't kick in until late May, and the booking window for summer 2023 opens a few weeks before then.

Not sure if my FCC still applies. This trip was originally supposed to happen 2020, then got bumped to 2021 and then 2022. I'm guessing the new cruise I want to book will be slightly cheaper than the original one (it's 2 days shorter) so even if I lost the FCC I think I'd break even? With all of the rescheduling over 3 years it's difficult to keep track.

Not sure if my FCC still applies. This trip was originally supposed to happen 2020, then got bumped to 2021 and then 2022.
If you are using the bonus FCC from a cruise that was PIF in 2020, that will disappear on 30 September. All your other money will be good obviously.

Penalty wouldn't kick in until late May, and the booking window for summer 2023 opens a few weeks before then.

Not sure if my FCC still applies. This trip was originally supposed to happen 2020, then got bumped to 2021 and then 2022. I'm guessing the new cruise I want to book will be slightly cheaper than the original one (it's 2 days shorter) so even if I lost the FCC I think I'd break even? With all of the rescheduling over 3 years it's difficult to keep track.
I would call BEFORE the booking for 2023 opens (phone lines will be even more slammed then), and find out exactly how much of your current fare is FCC that would expire this year, or anything else not transferrable (e.g., a placeholder 10% off). The "bonus" FCC gave for Covid cruises was quite generous (typically 25% with some higher amounts) and may be more than you expect, even with two fewer nights, particularly as the increased demand for 2023 will push prices up.

I would call BEFORE the booking for 2023 opens (phone lines will be even more slammed then), and find out exactly how much of your current fare is FCC that would expire this year, or anything else not transferrable (e.g., a placeholder 10% off). The "bonus" FCC gave for Covid cruises was quite generous (typically 25% with some higher amounts) and may be more than you expect, even with two fewer nights, particularly as the increased demand for 2023 will push prices up.
Good idea! I'll try to get all of the $ figured out this week. Thanks!

Returning to answer my own question in case someone else wants to know the same information.

I talked with DCL today. Because part of my 2022 booking was covered by the 25% covid FCC, they are unable to transfer any of the funds (even what I paid myself originally) to a new cruise. I had to cancel the 2022 booking, am awaiting a refund not including the FCC, and will book a new summer 2023 cruise next week. They couldn't calculate how much the refund would be, but I think I figured it looking at my original reservation email... from March 2019 😯

Now that the summer 2023 itineraries have been released, I want to change my 2022 Med cruise to 2023. Do I have to cancel the first one and book a new trip, or can I just transfer the 2022 reservation/payments I already made? This question has probably been asked and answered before but I'm not sure where to find the info. Anything y'all can share is greatly appreciated!
You can change it, but why do want to?

Or could be better... whatever may happen doesn't change how they feel about this year.
To each their own I’m going while I can. I’ve had to cancel the last two years. I’m not even certain about 3 months from now. I wish my trip was tomorrow.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter