CDC says cancel any events with 50+ people for the NEXT EIGHT WEEKS

That stinks, for sure. This is all so unprecedented. I think we all have family members dealing with stuff like this right now, we just have to rely on each other where we can. I have cousins in Boston that work at a restaurant, and they are out of income. I have cousins in LA that are in the entertainment biz, and they are out of income. I do believe unemployment restrictions were lifted, so there's hopefully some relief there. Hopefully landlords will be rational. Utilities are going to be rational.

Let's see
Yes we are all going to need to work together. We're all inter-dependent. One example:

v1- Landlords kick people out as soon as they are in arrears. The rest of society will be hurting financially so there will be no quick easy replacement for those tenants. Then many places will sit unoccupied.

v2- Landlord gives a grace period for tenants to catch back up. More people stay in place so eventually the landlord can get his arrears paid and maintain a better occupancy rate over the near long-term.

But he needs to pay his bills, now what? It goes up the ladder. His bank will need to set up a plan to allow for late payment.

This will need to be addressed from the money at the top. Grace periods and re-payment schedules seem to be a better solution towards keeping matters stabilized. Payment in the future would be better than no payment at all? Skipped payments can be tacked into future payments. That is a cheaper solution than a ton of businesses and real estate going belly up all at once.

They are now saying groups of 10, and virus might linger until July or August- ( per President Speech)
Hence the market plunge of 3,000 points
No, "they" are not saying that. Please only listen to experts when it comes to obtaining information.

My county in New Jersey is now on a voluntary lockdown between 8pm-5am. I'm not being snarky, I'm just wondering why that time frame? Their isn't a lot of people out at those hours here anyway. I personally only go out for essential errands and I don't even want to do that-my anxiety is thru the roof. (More so from a financial pov)

so it’s really more about concerts/events
Oh no! I just counted -- my daughter's college graduation is exactly eight weeks from next Friday. I wasn't worried about it not happening -- until now.
I get that, I’m just saying the danger varies based on quality of reaction. WA has had 42 deaths in about750 cases - without swift action it can bad. Their medical system is getting overloaded
That's 0.5% fatalities. But really, it's 42 deaths out of 750 cases of people who knew they had the virus and came into the medical system for treatment. It wouldn't include people who thought they had a bad cold or who "toughed it out at home". Impossible to know how many people that includes.
Yeah, I'm scared for my job too. While I get why these actions are being taken, sometimes I think people who have money dont quite understand the fear of being without as much as others.

We were flat broke years ago. I never, ever want to experience that again.
I have money, and I'm not afraid for my job; however, it's wrong to say that I don't understand the fear. I've been without, and I have nothing but sympathy for people who must face fear of the virus AND financial fears.
I'm looking forward to all the creative videos that will come out of everyone isolating at home.

I fear many pets may be in for some costume changes... :D
My husband predicts a baby boom in 9 months.
This is what hurts. A decent percentage of our work can be done remotely, but if you have a job that requires you to show up, you show up.

That said - it you have contact with fewer people out there because folks who can stay at home then you reduce your exposure. So it really is safer for everyone for those who can stay home to do so. Safer does not translate to "good for the economy", but having one million people die from this would not be good for the economy either.
Yes, if you could reduce just 10% of the people who are "out and about" in your town, that'd be 10% fewer people to spread the virus. Even a small reduction is good.

It's true that "good for safety" and "good for the economy" (maybe other things too -- like "good for a person's mental health") are not always compatible goals. Making choices between two things that both really matter is not easy.

So what does that mean then? Are we to be locked up in our houses until August now? To be let out just in time for cold and flu season and then all of this starts all over again?

The world cannot sustain this for that long.

If you watch the briefing they want the limitations to last for 15 days. Of course they can extend it, but it is starting at 15 days.

When asked how long this would go on for, Trump said good question, one he keeps asking. He was told to ride the wave and see this whole thing out will likely last until end of July early August. From what I gathered, that is when they project we could be back to "normal."

They didn't place any restrictions after the 15 days -- Pence and Faluchi interrupted the briefing to make sure media was aware these limits were set for only 15 days to help stop the spread.

If you watch the briefing they want the limitations to last for 15 days. Of course they can extend it, but it is starting at 15 days.

When asked how long this would go on for, Trump said good question, one he keeps asking. He was told to ride the wave and see this whole thing out will likely last until end of July early August. From what I gathered, that is when they project we could be back to "normal."

They didn't place any restrictions after the 15 days -- Pence and Faluchi interrupted the briefing to make sure media was aware these limits were set for only 15 days to help stop the spread.
The CDC's restriction though is for 8 weeks so considerably longer than 15 days. The 15 days part as far as I understand is for the limit to 10. The limit to 50 is for 8 weeks. And with the looming idea of needing to do social distancing for months and months I get the concern the PP mentioned.

That's 0.5% fatalities. But really, it's 42 deaths out of 750 cases of people who knew they had the virus and came into the medical system for treatment. It wouldn't include people who thought they had a bad cold or who "toughed it out at home". Impossible to know how many people that includes.

To convert a fraction to a percentage first we convert to a decimal. (42/750) = .056. Then we multiply the decimal times 100 to get the percentage. .056 x 100= 5.6%,

Last edited:
The CDC's restriction though is for 8 weeks so considerably longer than 15 days. The 15 days part as far as I understand is for the limit to 10. The limit to 50 is for 8 weeks. And with the looming idea of needing to do social distancing for months and months I get the concern the PP mentioned.

You’re correct. I was clearing up the press conference confusion. 15 days was set, then it was asked how long this would last and the response was given late July to early August. People confused the limits of 10 people to mean until then.

But yes, CDC is at least 8 weeks.

You’re correct. I was clearing up the press conference confusion. 15 days was set, then it was asked how long this would last and the response was given late July to early August. People confused the limits of 10 people to mean until then.

But yes, CDC is at least 8 weeks.
No worries at all! Honestly who can keep track of all the directives we're told they keep changing :oops:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter