CDC says cancel any events with 50+ people for the NEXT EIGHT WEEKS

It’s all great to close everything down until you realize that your paycheck isn’t coming, your employer no longer exists, your 401k has been decimated and your mortgage is still due.

Truth. Bc when restaurants, stores, etc all close, the owner makes no money and can't pay staff. There are few areas that might be less affected, but many see direct effect while others indirect... Closed restaurant means staff doesn't get paid, less money to spend or pay bills...

Saw tonight many dental agencies are recommending closing - think Ohio, Massachusetts and VA. Who saw that coming?

About the stores and the fifty people thing. We will eventually be like Italy and they will have someone at the door to limit entrance. People told me Disney would never close when I warned them. Everyone needs to be prepared for this marathon. I'm guessing severe restrictions for 6-12 months. At least until the infection rate is way, way down. I do not know what our world will look like when it is over. I'm a history teacher and it is feeling a bit like the fall of Rome... Also, very worried about elections being cancelled if the virus is still out of control. That scares me to death. They are doing this gradually so as not to cause a panic. Measures are needed. Please please prepare...not for a Disney trip, but for a new normal. Don't panic but get medicine and supplies and food for the Long haul. I love Disney, bit but water not tickets. Please, be smart. Please. It may save your life or the life of someone you know or may not know.

Stop! The all caps isn’t helping people who are afraid. Not afraid of dying, afraid of feeding their kids, having a roof over their heads, their livelihoods. Consider yourself incredibly fortunate if you’re not terrified of these issues.

This is unprecedented, and it will take time to grasp what this is going to mean for all of us and our families.

This is the time to be a kind neighbor (or fellow poster) to show an ounce of compassion for a major life change.
I didn't know all caps was shouting until someone told me. I just wanted people to see my post easier

Truth. Bc when restaurants, stores, etc all close, the owner makes no money and can't pay staff. There are few areas that might be less affected, but many see direct effect while others indirect... Closed restaurant means staff doesn't get paid, less money to spend or pay bills...

Saw tonight many dental agencies are recommending closing - think Ohio, Massachusetts and VA. Who saw that coming?
Make friends with your dentist. Get his home number

I have a feeling she is expressing her feelings and trying to make lite of a bad situation. I didn't take it like she was being nasty.

I didn't either. I took it as she was being snarky and using the all caps for humorous emphasis, not yelling. I sometimes all caps a few words in a sentence for EMPHASIS, (like that,) rather than using bolding or italics as it's easier to hit the caps intsead of the coding for bold or italics. I wonder if people think I've been shouting at them? :eek: :scratchin

Make friends with your dentist. Get his home number

I'm actually really upset about this! I have a genetic issue that requires me to visit dentist for procedure every 3 months and if they close I dont know what to do!!! I'm emailing tomorrow to see what I can do. My next visit is for April 16.

I'm actually really upset about this! I have a genetic issue that requires me to visit dentist for procedure every 3 months and if they close I dont know what to do!!! I'm emailing tomorrow to see what I can do. My next visit is for April 16.

even though it’s a regular thing, I think this would fall under emergency treatment. I think calling or emailing us wise, but try not to worry too much

I lost a filling a few days ago. I wondered if they want to be seeing people during this time. :( So far, it looks like I can wait, as it's a side filling and it doesn't hurt.

Is the office closed? Do they have an emergency #. Do they have a answer machine. One more suggestion. Do you have a dental college where you live?

Is the office closed? Do they have an emergency #. Do they have a answer machine. One more suggestion. Do you have a dental college where you live?

No they are still open. I'm emailing tomorrow. I'm sure they wont leave me hanging!

You read it wrong.

But, this is how the conversation went. Disneychrista was being snarky/funny herself. Many people "liked" her post even with humor. TheSurlyMermaid responded back with some humor, as unfortunately, it's kind of obvious and sad that many people have had to cancel Disney vacations due to Disney closing and the social bans. :(

Then please o'wise-one please enlighten us with your knowledge.
CANCEL YOUR VACATIONS AND STAY HOME ON YOUR ***.

THAT WISE ENOUGH FOR YOU.

Virginia Dental just issued guidance to suggest closing. More states to come. Canada already shut down dental.

More shutdowns to come... The fall out will be massive. If businesses close, owners can't pay staff...
Do you have a link for this? I can’t find any info. about this and I have a dental appointment tomorrow morning. Lol.

You do realize that dentistry is the #1 profession most likely to contract that illness. Read that again and then go google. They should shut down.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter