CDC Notifies States, Large Cities To Prepare For Vaccine Distribution As Soon As Late October

Status
Not open for further replies.
I heard rumblings regarding vax passports earlier today. Guess we will have to wait and see.

Where is that ramp up of supply everyone keeps talking about?
That would be a good question for your governor. Prioritizing teachers that are not going to return to the classroom this academic year and offering it to people purely based on the zip code they live in.

Gov of Wisconsin put out a release saying that everyone will be eligible on May 1 as per White House request.

So my county opened up an interest survey for all phases today to gain how much interest there is for Phase 3,4 and 5 and anyone who hasn't filled out theirs for Phase 1 and 2. Glad I opened the local news tonight :) My husband and I filled ours out. First step completed in the hunt for a vaccine for us!

I also found out any J&J doses the county has gotten being is used for the following groups: "residents in harder to reach populations like those who are homebound, disabled or homeless."

Thanks! Hopefully all my experience with FP+ will come in handy. I have heard that if you keep refreshing the pharmacy appointment schedules, an available appointment eventually comes up.
That's what I've been doing with CVS for my daughter. I did see a bunch went live in SoCal overnight.

Looking at worldometer, it looks like the last few days cases have been rising. Hope that trend does not continue.

Looking at worldometer, it looks like the last few days cases have been rising. Hope that trend does not continue.

They aren't really rising. It is the same trend as most weeks. Starts low and goes up a little then drops again, but the 7 day moving average is still slowing ticking down which is what is the most meaningful. Plus if you compare each day to last week we are lower then the same day. Like last Friday was higher than yesterday.

They aren't really rising. It is the same trend as most weeks. Starts low and goes up a little then drops again, but the 7 day moving average is still slowing ticking down which is what is the most meaningful. Plus if you compare each day to last week we are lower then the same day. Like last Friday was higher than yesterday.
I should really only follow this thread! Good info. Thanks.

My state is slightly rising. I would say we're on a plateau.

my state cases numbers are dropping. We are 38th in distributing vaccine, thus the governor opened up eligibility. Hope that turns around soon. The state department of health told providers if the have leftover vials after 5 or 7 days, can’t remember which, they will not received more until those are used. Providers need to turn the excess over.

MA finally instituted a pre-registration system that will alert you when you are eligible and an appointment is available. Based on the tech we’ve used so far in MA, I am not holding my breath that it will work all that well but it felt good to at least be able to register. 😂 I think I’ll have a better chance at a shot once I am eligible through my city which is running a residents only clinic or through work which is doing the same for eligible faculty/staff/students but I am happy to have as many doors open as possible - I just want that shot!

My state is slightly rising. I would say we're on a plateau.

Mine is rising too, and not just slightly - three days in a row of case numbers that are almost double those of a week earlier. My county is even worse. Last week's average daily case rate was 20, the 7-day rolling is now 45, and yesterday saw 80+ new cases reported for the second consecutive day. The absolute numbers are still low, though, so I'm not sure how concerning the trend really is. Even in our bottom-of-the-barrel county, the vaccination rate is now approaching 20% having had one dose and 10% fully vaccinated.

MA finally instituted a pre-registration system that will alert you when you are eligible and an appointment is available. Based on the tech we’ve used so far in MA, I am not holding my breath that it will work all that well but it felt good to at least be able to register. 😂 I think I’ll have a better chance at a shot once I am eligible through my city which is running a residents only clinic or through work which is doing the same for eligible faculty/staff/students but I am happy to have as many doors open as possible - I just want that shot!

I think this is how it's going to go for us too. You have to kind of keep your ears open for where vaccines are being given in your area and sign up in multiple places. My neighbor ended up getting an appointment at two places, and ended up going with the one that is right in our town and was the J&J vaccine. She got her "one and done" shot yesterday. I just talked with her and she said she's feeling a little lightheaded and slightly queasy, but still able to eat. So that was good to hear. My in-laws got their second Moderna shot yesterday, so we're going to give them a call and see how they're feeling.

Mine is rising too, and not just slightly - three days in a row of case numbers that are almost double those of a week earlier. My county is even worse. Last week's average daily case rate was 20, the 7-day rolling is now 45, and yesterday saw 80+ new cases reported for the second consecutive day. The absolute numbers are still low, though, so I'm not sure how concerning the trend really is. Even in our bottom-of-the-barrel county, the vaccination rate is now approaching 20% having had one dose and 10% fully vaccinated.

I just went to our State and County Covid data site. We're definitely not going down anymore....we've plateaued for sure, not just in cases but hospitalizations. There is the slightest uptick in cases in the state and county, and so that's why I'm just saying plateau for now. I'm so hoping that as vaccines continue to go into arms that we'll see these levels begin to decline again.

... and today our public schools announced a two week "pause" on in-person instruction for the middle and high school, which marks their first closures of the pandemic other than those mandated by the state. It will actually last 3 weeks because they only have two weeks of classes left before spring break. They will attempt to resume face-to-face classes after Easter and are, for the first time, asking families who travel or engage in "other high risk activities" to keep their children home for a two-week quarantine before returning to school.

... and today our public schools announced a two week "pause" on in-person instruction for the middle and high school, which marks their first closures of the pandemic other than those mandated by the state. It will actually last 3 weeks because they only have two weeks of classes left before spring break. They will attempt to resume face-to-face classes after Easter and are, for the first time, asking families who travel or engage in "other high risk activities" to keep their children home for a two-week quarantine before returning to school.

Wow. Do they believe this is the variant taking hold in your area or just people getting a bit lax? I'm wondering if it's a bit of both. As I've said in this thread, I have customers who have booked travel for the upcoming holiday break. I do know though....that the families who are traveling that I work for.....are all vaccinated. At least the adults are anyway.

Wow. Do they believe this is the variant taking hold in your area or just people getting a bit lax? I'm wondering if it's a bit of both. As I've said in this thread, I have customers who have booked travel for the upcoming holiday break. I do know though....that the families who are traveling that I work for.....are all vaccinated. At least the adults are anyway.

I haven't heard any theories yet, but my guess is some of both. My county has had a handful of identified cases of the variant, but the state also opened indoor dining and some other indoor entertainment venues about six weeks ago and mask compliance in my area has never been good but seems to be getting worse. I think restaurants are likely a big problem in our area. Several that I know of aren't making employees wear masks or don't care if they wear them properly, and rather than closing every other table for distancing, some have just closed sections of their dining room to comply with reduced capacity while packing customers in at every table in the open section. But the restaurants around me are packed so clearly I'm in the minority in finding that unacceptable.

As far as the schools go, I think at least part of it is tied to sports resuming; while our private school league has been strict with masking, the action shots I've seen of the high school team make it clear that theirs is not. Basketball is a lot more high risk for contagion than any of the sports that were in session before the statewide pause, because it is both indoors and involves close contact with other players. And I know from a mom-friend that there have been case clusters on two of the school's BB teams this season.

California is opening eligibility to 16+ with severe health conditions on Monday, but my county just announced that they’re including basically any health condition, including BMI 25 and up (whereas the state said 40 and up). They’re also not requiring proof of medical conditions (citing privacy concerns), so in reality this probably opens it to most people. I assume they’re doing this because they think they have sufficient supply coming. 🤷‍♀️ My husband just squeaks by on BMI so I’m very happy about that (which sounds weird!!).

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter