• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Castmembers Have Been Wonderful

Good for you
I truely believe alot of the Disney magic or lack there off.... is created by getting what you give.
Disney can provide the Magic..but it's up to you to make it Magical.

Good news.

I wonder of message boards like this multiply the CM 'problem'. Everyone expects perfection, special magic at every turn, and animatronic cast members that never wilt in their service. Extreme weather conditions, constant crowds, and long hours could make anybody falter. Then we go looking for issues instead of just enjoying the surroundings. I like to stay positive and plan on enjoying my time. I won't let a stray CM issue or obnoxious guest ruin my trip. I subscribe to the pay it forward style of visit, and try to make both CM and guest experience a plus.

Well said. CM's go through and deal with a lot working at WDW. The fact that the majority stay as positive as they do is amazing. One or two grumpy CM's will definitely not affect my vacation. Anyone can have a rough day.

I didn't read this whole thread, but would like to agree 100% with the OP. We were there from Aug 13-24TH. We did not come in contact with one negative CM. They were all polite happy and helpful, even in the scorching hot weather!!! I think I would surely be irritable standing out in that heat all day. I asked a couple of them how they do it, and they said you get used to it. One did say, she will never get used to it, but she was still wonderfully nice and talkative. We don't look for any special attention or a cm doing handstands to please us, but we were very satisfied with the customer service at WDW!

This is great to hear in the sea of negativity that has been on the Dis Boards as of late. My DW and I have gone 6 times since 2004 and have never experienced a RUDE CM. Maybe a few that weren't overly happy, but never rude. We are heading back to WDW in 7 days and are really looking forward to our 1st Sept trip.

A lot of guests fly off and say that CM was rude. But we don't always know the entire story. What was the guest's attitude towards the CM and what was the situation? Too many guests have a high sense of entitlement and an I am better than you attitude these days and I see that all the time when I am at WDW. Just because you paid for a vacation, doesn't mean that you can treat a CM like ......

I totally agree with this.

I have been to Disney 3 times since July of last year and have NEVER had a bad experience. I think many people get up on their high horse and think they are better then CMs and that they are entitled to such and such. Guests need to realize that CMs are human beings to. We all have our good days and bad days. You know instead of complaining about a bad CM maybe do like a PP said just give them a simple hello and smile and you could turn their bad mood into a good one.

Recently got back from a great stay. Just about every CM was wonderful, but extra Kudos to Kathy at Space Mountain and to Rousseau at AKV.

Good for you
I truely believe alot of the Disney magic or lack there off.... is created by getting what you give.
Disney can provide the Magic..but it's up to you to make it Magical.

I agree with you! The magic is what we make it. And it's great to see people posting on the postive things. Thank you all!

Thanks for the report! :goodvibes

I was getting pretty anxious about our trip coming up...seems like a lot of negative reports lately. We have always been blessed with positive trips to Disney and love to single out CMs for exceptional service. I plan to double my efforts to help keep their spirits up during our upcoming trip both in person and by taking even more time to provide positive feedback. :thumbsup2

If you look at the negative reports, it's the same few people posting on them over and over. They just post a lot, in my opinion, so it appears to multiply the scope of the issue.

I agree with so many of the previous posters that we've had nothing but wonderful CMs over the past few years, including perhaps the best group ever on our trip a few months ago.

Have fun on your trip! Let us know how it goes!

I love, love, love the CM's at the World.

My favorite encounter of all occurred one year when I went with three girlfriends from work. We were discussing retirement, and how much I love the World and that I should retire there.

First I said I would love to work for Facilities Management, because that is what I do now - but I thought I should really get away from my profession.

We went on the backlot tour through the Costume Dept. and I thought, hey I sew, how about that, but figured it would ruin a great hobby.

Finally, we were at MK for the parade and arrived super early, to get the curbside seat by the Emporium. There was a lady dressed in a victorian outfit, and greeting everyone as they were lining up for the parade. My friends said, "That's it, that's what you can do, you have a great personality, you love to talk to people, and you love the Victorian era."

Well, she heard us and come over, and said to me, "Sorry sister, there's room for only one of us in this town." I laughed and she leaned closer to me, and said, " No seriously, you wouldn't believe how long I had to work here to get this position, I am not giving it up.!"
:goodvibes

I have been to Disney 3 times since July of last year and have NEVER had a bad experience. I think many people get up on their high horse and think they are better then CMs and that they are entitled to such and such. Guests need to realize that CMs are human beings to. We all have our good days and bad days. You know instead of complaining about a bad CM maybe do like a PP said just give them a simple hello and smile and you could turn their bad mood into a good one.

I have to agree; someone posted over at the resorts board that their trip was a disaster and Disney ruined it for them. Turned out to be something they caused (an accident with a door and two small children), but had been "told that Disney takes care of everything" so they expected Disney to jump in and save the day. Some things are totally beyond their control and you have to take responsibility when something goes wrong that you have to handle yourself.

I think perhaps your comments may be a bit strong. I personally don't think expecting a proper greeting or courteous service is riding a high horse or thinking you are better than them. Whether I spend 6k on a trip to WDW, or $6 at McDonalds I deserve a courteous greeting and a thank you. We have become a culture that does not respect the other person. I worked at a Taco Bell, I worked at a Kmart, and I worked at a movie theater when I was younger, and back then we were always expected to treat a customer with a proper greeting and a thank you, ALWAYS.

CM's are human, so is the Walmart cashier, the server at McDonalds, the VP at WDW, your family doctor and etc. Each and everyone one of them should be expected to ALWAYS and I mean ALWAYS treat a customer with respect and courtesy regardless of how they feel or what kind of day they had. If you can't do the job correctly, then call of sick.

Not trying to attack you, but I don't buy into the ignore the rudeness, smile back, and hope all is peaches and cream for them, anywhere. Your right, return rudeness with kindness, but I will go to the manager if the attitude remains unadjusted.

I have owned a business for several years, and a rude employee with "front line" contact with my customers will cost me beyond any repair. I will not tolerate a short tempered, irrational, and rude employee in my company, and would want a customer let me know about it rather than go and tell family, friends, or Internet forums of their negative experience. It is my policy with my company and my employees know I will not tolerate it. I treat them well, I pay them well, and they are happy to work for me. However, they know regardless of whether they are grumpy or not, my customers will not know what kind of day they are having because everyday is the same, and that is treating every customer with courtesy and respect.

I will agree and say that inspite of the few and rare rude cm's almost all have gone above and beyond to make our trips to WDW magical!!

We have a whole board to say thanks to cast members, so I'm going to move this there now.

That's great to hear! :banana:

I love CMs. Me and my family have made so many CM friends. It's my dad's mission to let as many CMs as possible know that they are appreciated and special. We've even turned frowny CMs into smiley ones :goodvibes

Okay, one short story from our trip back in Oct. '09. There was this photopass CM that we talked to who said he wasn't enjoying his job and he wished to work behind the scenes instead but couldn't yet. My dad encouraged him to wait and work up to the job he wanted. We talked to this CM for like 20 minutes. :eek: After that, he was so happy and even asked another guest passing by to take a pic of all four of us together! :laughing:

I too ran into several great castmembers at Disney World on our last trip from september 10-19th. We went to guest services to give them compliments and it was great to see how excited the guest service castmembers were to see that we wanted to compliment another cast member. That made my day to see how happy they were. I can only imagine how happy the castmembers receiving them will be. In short going to guest services to let Disney know about great castmembers is definitely worth the five to ten minutes out of your day and it just might put a smile on your face as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter