• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Castmembers Have Been Wonderful

suemom2kay

DIS Veteran
Hi everyone,

In light of all the negative threads regarding WDW, I just wanted to say that overall Castmembers have been wonderful. I'm typing this on my iPhone so I can't type a lot of details but a second VIP ride on TT. A million castmembers have wished my daughter a Happy Birthday and were always extremely friendly when asked questions. I say the magic is still quite alive and well at WDW. Of course we are friendly and always say hello and wave. Castmembers are human beings and are trained to always be polite and to help make magic happen. Did we run into the occasional "less than friendly" castmember? Of course we did. But we figured, chances are the next castmember would more than make up for it. And so far that has rung true. I'll always be a Disney girl!

that's awesome to hear ! glad you're having such a great time. Happy Birthday to your daughter !! princess:

Thank you so much for this! I'm tired of hearing about all the bad things people have to say about Disney. It's up to you if you are going to let someone else's behavior dictate how your trip goes. We leave tomorrow, and I'm excited again. THanks! :hug:

That is wonderful to hear, we often stop in Guest Services a few times a trip and fill out a comment card on exceptional services so that the CM's can be recognized for it. We have great service when we were are there and must be lucky to have encountered very few unfriendly CM's in our time. Hope the rest of your trip continues to be great.

I want to throw my "ditto" on to this thread.

DS and I were in WDW for five days -- 8/25 through 8/29. We did not experience a single negative CM experience. Quite the opposite. We found CMs to be friendly and helpful. Several went out of their way to suggest better solutions to take care of our needs.

I'm not saying we didn't get a couple of "wrong" answers, but then DISers tend to know more than the average CM anyway. :rolleyes1

We just got back yesterday afternoon and I can completely concur with the op :thumbsup2 but I've got to admit that when we went the first week of Aug this was not the case. My Wife and I both noticed a marked change in the attitudes. We just chalked it up to crowd levels since the heat was virtually the same if not worse.

We also encountered many wonderful CMs! Every trip, we meet at least one CM that is exceptional who goes above & beyond. Those special ones can truly make our day extra magical. While we occasionally see a few moody CMs, they are few and far in between.

Our trip this August was also magical. All the CM's were amazing and if we did run into one that seemed a little grumpy or tired, all it took was an extra smile or "thank you so much for everything" and the smile was back on...

I'm sorry that people had such a bad experience, but compared to other theme parks I've been to this year, Disney is heaven!

This is great to hear in the sea of negativity that has been on the Dis Boards as of late. My DW and I have gone 6 times since 2004 and have never experienced a RUDE CM. Maybe a few that weren't overly happy, but never rude. We are heading back to WDW in 7 days and are really looking forward to our 1st Sept trip.

A lot of guests fly off and say that CM was rude. But we don't always know the entire story. What was the guest's attitude towards the CM and what was the situation? Too many guests have a high sense of entitlement and an I am better than you attitude these days and I see that all the time when I am at WDW. Just because you paid for a vacation, doesn't mean that you can treat a CM like ......

Thank you for the positive posts! My experiences have ALWAYS been positive with the CM's! All I can add is "you reap what you sow".

Good news.

I wonder of message boards like this multiply the CM 'problem'. Everyone expects perfection, special magic at every turn, and animatronic cast members that never wilt in their service. Extreme weather conditions, constant crowds, and long hours could make anybody falter. Then we go looking for issues instead of just enjoying the surroundings. I like to stay positive and plan on enjoying my time. I won't let a stray CM issue or obnoxious guest ruin my trip. I subscribe to the pay it forward style of visit, and try to make both CM and guest experience a plus.

Thanks for the report! :goodvibes

I was getting pretty anxious about our trip coming up...seems like a lot of negative reports lately. We have always been blessed with positive trips to Disney and love to single out CMs for exceptional service. I plan to double my efforts to help keep their spirits up during our upcoming trip both in person and by taking even more time to provide positive feedback. :thumbsup2

I agree. When we were at WDW last month, we were never treated rudely. A CM at the dole whip counter even handed my teenage daughter a free dole whip and smiled "happy birthday princess". These positive experiences are the ones I remember.

We were there the first week of August and overall found most of the cm's to be above and beyone very good. However, one of the most rude, obnoxious, and flat out terrible employees I have ever encountered anywhere, unfortunately was a cm at Roaring Forks. This was an isolated incident, but it stayed with me for much of that day. I did contact WDW about her, but have not heard back from them.

We were there the first week of August and overall found most of the cm's to be above and beyone very good. However, one of the most rude, obnoxious, and flat out terrible employees I have ever encountered anywhere, unfortunately was a cm at Roaring Forks. This was an isolated incident, but it stayed with me for much of that day. I did contact WDW about her, but have not heard back from them.

off topic:
Funny Labron stuff in the sig :rotfl:
But...well...go Steelers! :cheer2:

Chiming in to say I'm glad to hear it to. I never doubted that anyone would NOT be taken care of, but then again, there will be an occasional Grumpy in the pod.

You know what they say about 1 bad apple though... negativity has a tendency to multiple like a rabbit in heat.

AMEN!!! The vast majority of Disney employees that we have encountered have always gone above and beyond what was needed to insure we were having a great experience..

Thank you for a positve post about the poor CMs. I agree, they do a fantastic job and all too often all we hear about are the isolated negative incidents.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter