Casey Anthony TRIAL Thread #4

With the defense case coming to a close, will Casey testify?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if Casey has ever been in trouble before.

Do you mean aside from theft/check convictions?

I started out thinking she would testify. That she is too full of herself to not. Then I started looking at the way the defense was going, and it was brought up that her lawyers have not visited her in jail since 08? Or a long time, anyway, which leads to the conclusion they are not prepping her to testify. However, then the competency hearing came up. And then the judge made a few comments (which I can't remember verbatim) to the effect of, let's make sure if she does or doesn't testify, it's her choice. Those two things now make me believe she wants to testify and her lawyers are advising against it. They never prepped her, they never intended her to testify, but if she wants to, that would cause them to question her competency. So do I think she will? I have no idea if she will or not. But I do think she wants to. Now we just have to see if Casey will get her way.

According to the legal experts, that's standard procedure for the judge to confirm for his own edification whether the defendant does/doesn't want to testify and it's their own decision.

I started out thinking she would testify. That she is too full of herself to not. Then I started looking at the way the defense was going, and it was brought up that her lawyers have not visited her in jail since 08? Or a long time, anyway, which leads to the conclusion they are not prepping her to testify. However, then the competency hearing came up. And then the judge made a few comments (which I can't remember verbatim) to the effect of, let's make sure if she does or doesn't testify, it's her choice. Those two things now make me believe she wants to testify and her lawyers are advising against it. They never prepped her, they never intended her to testify, but if she wants to, that would cause them to question her competency. So do I think she will? I have no idea if she will or not. But I do think she wants to. Now we just have to see if Casey will get her way.

I doubt she is testifying as the defense is resting their case. It would not be in the best interest for any of them for her to do that. they are in trouble as it is. I cant wait to hear their closing arguments.

This is the only reason that I think she may. You know she is so full of herself and thinks that everybody believes everything that she says. I also feel like she feels as if her point was not made and she may have to do it herself. I am sure her attorneys are advising against it, but maybe her pig headed ways will push her to do it.

What Casey would not understand is the jury now knows she was getting arressted for cc fraud. If she testifies she will be torn to shreds and JA would let the jury know the charges that are against her. I dont think she could stay in control on the stand. She cant stay in control in her chair. I dont even want to think about that.

I doubt she is testifying as the defense is resting their case. It would not be in the best interest for any of them for her to do that. they are in trouble as it is. I cant wait to hear their closing arguments.

Closings will definitely be interesting. JB can't bring up most of the stuff he mentioned in opening because he was unable to satisfactorily get it entered into the record.

Closings will definitely be interesting. JB can't bring up most of the stuff he mentioned in opening because he was unable to satisfactorily get it entered into the record.

The state I believe said they needed a half a day. I just cant imagine what the defense could have to say since they could not prove anything. I bet the state is wondering to.

It was reported on In Session that Casey is being prepped to testify every chance possible, breaks, evenings etc. It is being done by one of the background people not the main 3 defense people.

Casey Jordan said that if Casey shows up in a suit jacket it will be an indicator that she will be testifying. We'll see.

As for Nancy Grace and what will she do after this trial- it's obvious- she will be calling the grief counselor for the loss she will be suffering through. ;)

Do you mean aside from theft/check convictions?

Ah, I forgot about that. Hmmm, not exactly psychopathic crimes, but crimes nevertheless. So she wasn't Miss Innocent before all this.

Yeah, so his closing should take, what, about 10 minutes? :laughing:

It was reported on In Session that Casey is being prepped to testify every chance possible, breaks, evenings etc. It is being done by one of the background people not the main 3 defense people.

Casey Jordan said that if Casey shows up in a suit jacket it will be an indicator that she will be testifying. We'll see.

As for Nancy Grace and what will she do after this trial- it's obvious- she will be calling the grief counselor for the loss she will be suffering through. ;)

:rotfl2:

As for Casey testifying, I posted a while ago that I know someone who worked with Baez (not a lawyer) who predicted that knowing the way Baez is, he's been prepping her all the while, just in case. He's supposedly a guy who likes to make sure his behind is covered while he makes sensational claims that may or may not hold up in court.

That said, I still like Baez in that I feel he has a lot of potential to be a good defense lawyer once he has more experience and a few more slap-downs. He seems like slime, but you know what, that's how defense attorneys often come across. They'll do anything to defend the guilty. That's their job.

That said, I still like Baez in that I feel he has a lot of potential to be a good defense lawyer once he has more experience and a few more slap-downs. He seems like slime, but you know what, that's how defense attorneys often come across. They'll do anything to defend the guilty. That's their job.

The only problem with that is he has failed on an epic level in a nationally televised court case, so he is probably going to have a difficult time getting past it. Baez is the exception when it comes to defense attorneys, a cartoon stereotype of the ambulance chasing defense lawyer. Unfortunately, that's the minority that gets the attention, working against the majority.

The only problem with that is he has failed on an epic level in a nationally televised court case, so he is probably going to have a difficult time getting past it.

Let's see what the verdict is first. It is indeed possible that the jury will acquit based on reasonable doubt. It appeared to me that the majority of this trial was NOT based on the actions of Casey but on the actions of others. Casey has become a minor character in her own trial.

The sociopath I know did lots of stealing, especially from family. Just like KC's activities, only worse. If KC were to ever be free, I bet more victims will happen.

Let's see what the verdict is first. It is indeed possible that the jury will acquit based on reasonable doubt. It appeared to me that the majority of this trial was NOT based on the actions of Casey but on the actions of others. Casey has become a minor character in her own trial.

I, and the rest of us, must have been watching a different trial than you.

Ah, I forgot about that. Hmmm, not exactly psychopathic crimes, but crimes nevertheless. So she wasn't Miss Innocent before all this.

Would it matter if she was? I mean IF and that is a big if the defense’s story about accidently drowning was true what took place afterwards should be enough to show that she is a sociopath. Really your daughter accidently drowns and you party like a rock star whoring yourself out for a month and lie about her whereabouts the entire time like it is nothing. If I was a jury member after GA’s testimony yesterday I would be convinced she was guilty.

I'm so incredibly bummed! I will not have a chance to listen or watch today! I have to go to New Orleans to pick my parents up from the airport and I'm sure they'll be doing post-vacation related things! I'll do my best to read here when I can!

Majority of defense maybe.
Prosecution focused on Casey and them shifted to Caylee.

I'm so incredibly bummed! I will not have a chance to listen or watch today! I have to go to New Orleans to pick my parents up from the airport and I'm sure they'll be doing post-vacation related things! I'll do my best to read here when I can!
Um...taxi? And an "I owe ya a nice lunch"? :)

Um...taxi? And an "I owe ya a nice lunch"? :)

I'm afraid to admit that I, too, will probably be going through withdrawal once this goes to the jury. What's the next trial???

Anyone else more than secretly holding out hope that KC will try and testify? The thought of watching that trainwreck makes me giggle like a little girl.

Good ol Ashton would be a perfect opponent for the clever little Sociopath.

And if she doesn't testify, I predict the Jury comes back with a verdict in less than 8 hours (of Deliberation). Guilty of 1st Degree Murder.

Any other predictions of A)Guilt and B) Length of Deliberation?

(I'll try and keep a list of all the predictions and we'll crown a winner complete with FAbulous Prizes and Accolades from the peers)

I couldn't live there either, but maybe they have good memories there too.

Plus, who in their right mind would want to buy it?
Lots of people would, and may get a good deal. No one reallyknows where it happened. There was a murder in Barrington RI...a couple and their 8 year old DD. Someone from out of state bought the house. It even had part of the garage wall removed as evidence. :eek:

Ever hear of the case where ex-husband murdered the 3 or 4 kids while the wife went for a walk one morning? She was on Oprah. She still lives in that house...good memories.

What I would do in either case...buying a house where there was a murder or keeping a house where a family member was murdered...I don't know and hope I never do.
Oh my dont call the tag fairy,someone is at war with them.:scared1:
I didn't know there were tag fairy issues. (See my tag.)
Sally Karioth's books about the Casey Anthony trial (because you know she will add to the list of books she has written and had peer-reviewed):

Chicken Soup for the Defense Attorney's Soul
Potions, Emotions, and Magical Thinking
:lmao:
RichardHornsby Need a washed up #CaseyAnthony expert, visit Jeff Ashton's Woodshed, where experts go to die! 1 hour ago
:lmao:

Anyone else more than secretly holding out hope that KC will try and testify? The thought of watching that trainwreck makes me giggle like a little girl.

Good ol Ashton would be a perfect opponent for the clever little Sociopath.

And if she doesn't testify, I predict the Jury comes back with a verdict in less than 8 hours (of Deliberation). Guilty of 1st Degree Murder.

Any other predictions of A)Guilt and B) Length of Deliberation?

(I'll try and keep a list of all the predictions and we'll crown a winner complete with FAbulous Prizes and Accolades from the peers)

I am like you but not so secretly holding out about Casey testifying. My boyfriend will be so happy when this trial is over. I can't shut up about it.

I will give my predictions, why not?

A) Guilty of:

* Aggravated Child Abuse
* Aggravated Manslaughter of a Child
* Four Counts of Providing False Information to a Law Enforcement Officer

B) Length of Deliberation:

2 1/2 days

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest