Caption Contest

Status
Not open for further replies.

Uncle Servo

My son's name is McKinley -- so I must be a Mac Da
I've seen this done elsewhere (such as here), and it's been a lot of fun so I figured I'd start it up here. With the number of folks here who love Disney and photography I can't wait to see what comes about.

Here's how it goes:

• I'll start things off by posting a Disney-related picture.
  • DISers (that's all of us) submit a funny caption for the picture for a certain number of days -- unless someone has a better idea, we'll start out at 3 days for caption submissions.
  • DISers (again, that's all of us) then vote on whose caption was the best for a certain number of days -- again, we'll use 3 days unless someone has a better suggestion.
  • I'll tally up the votes. Whoever wins posts a picture and we repeat the process. Unlike some of the other contests here, there won't be a separate voting thread -- this'll be a 'one-stop shopping' kinda thing. :)
  • I'll also keep a running tally board of winners in this post. When the winner is determined I'll also repeat it in that post as well.

Game Format: (originally suggested by JR6ooo4)
  • SATURDAY-MONDAY (morning): The winner of the previous round has until noon (Eastern Standard Time) to post a new image.
  • MONDAY (afternoon) - WEDNESDAY: Captions are submitted
  • THURSDAY - FRIDAY: Votes are cast
  • FRIDAY (afternoon/evening): Winner is declared. Lather, rinse, repeat. :)

THE RULES ('cuz ya know we gotta have rules or at least 'guidelines' pirate: ...) -- PLEASE READ!!!!!
  • All pictures must have been taken on (or of) Disney-owned property. This includes parks, resorts, stores, cruise ships, and Castaway Cay.
  • You must vote to be eligible to win. If you got the most votes, but you yourself didn't vote, then the person with the second most votes wins. In the event of a tie, then whoever gained all of his/her votes first is the winner.
  • You may submit a caption to your own picture if it's your turn to post one.
  • Only one caption per image please. You may edit your caption if you think you have a better one before voting begins -- otherwise only your most recent caption will be considered.
  • Please don't comment on someone else's caption(s) until after voting has begun.
  • You may join in at any time, but please stick with what's going on at the time (i.e., don't post another picture when we're captioning one already or submit another caption when we're voting).
  • No voting for yourself... even if you do think yours is the best... ;)
  • Please remember that the overall DISboards rules of behavior still apply. Hopefully I won't have to ask anyone to edit his/her caption, but if I do please understand that I'm just trying to keep things "family-friendly" here.
  • When it's your turn to post an image, please try to host it yourself if at all possible.
  • If you're posting more than one image, try to post it as a 'two-fer' combo that only gets one caption.
  • While it's not absolutely necessary, I personally would greatly appreciate it if you quoted the original image when submitting your own caption. Just makes things easier all around.
  • If the winner doesn't post his/her image within the allotted time, the person who had the second highest number of votes will be asked to post an image and declared the winner instead.
  • Be original, be funny, and above all -- HAVE FUN! :cool1:

CURRENT LEADER BOARD:
  • JR6ooo4 -- 9 wins
  • Wingman -- 8 wins
  • Uncle Servo -- 7 wins
  • Dismom+two -- 5 wins
  • faerieprincess -- 5 wins
  • DisneyDaveCT -- 4 wins
  • Scoobmuzic -- 4 wins
  • claryche -- 3 wins
  • GoHerd1028 -- 3 wins
  • wdwensel -- 3 wins
  • Cinderella's Fella -- 2 wins
  • DBL101 -- 2 wins
  • figment52 -- 2 wins
  • FreezinRafiki -- 2 wins
  • jann1033 -- 2 wins
  • NateNLogansDad -- 2 wins
  • Tazgirl1981 -- 2 wins
  • trennr -- 2 wins
  • Tuffcookie -- 2 wins
  • #1hockeymom -- 1 win
  • dapoteete -- 1 win
  • DisneyDivaMom -- 1 win
  • choco_latae -- 1 win
  • GoofyDude -- 1 win
  • GrillMouster -- 1 win
  • ILuvCrush -- 1 win
  • kimi65 -- 1 win
  • marcemc -- 1 win
  • Mckymousefn -- 1 win
  • middlepat -- 1 win
  • Pooh_Girl -- 1 win

LAST BUT NOT LEAST: I'd like to thank everyone for posting their images (when its their turn) and playing along to keep this game going.

Truk_Eat-2.jpg

"Excuse me, sir -- will this reservation be on the Disney Dining Plan?"

I know they hide the giraffe treats under here somewhere!

Squid

Truk_Eat-2.jpg

I know my FastPass for Expedition Everest is in here somewhere!

Well, it's been roughly three days... so let's get onto the first round of voting!

Truk_Eat-2.jpg

"Excuse me, sir -- will this reservation be on the Disney Dining Plan?"

"Hmm, lots of roughage. Where did I put that Gas-Ex?"

"No need to unload...I'll just eat it here."

"I know they hide the giraffe treats under here somewhere!"

"I know my FastPass for Expedition Everest is in here somewhere!"

Voting begins now and ends Friday afternoon. Not a bad start if I do say so myself... :)

Oh, and as for my vote... I liked 'em all, but as I can only vote for one I'm going with Pea-n-Me. What can I say? I'm a guy... :rolleyes1

The best thing about it is that it is SO big that I always take the remaining brownie back to the room and have desert for 3 more days. :thumbsup2
i would so eat that in one sitting.....maybe i need to diet!!!:rotfl2:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter