Cancelled 7 day Magic cruiser, still no responce from Disney, anyone else??

Thank You ALL for posting, weather we agreed or not. I have never been a part of a "forum" before. I have learned a lot and as long as it is O.K . with the moderators I will continue to be part of this forum. 99 replies and 4000 and some views???? I never would have thunk it.
I met some "good peeps" thru p.m.'s, emails and the forums. I will continue to be a DCL cruiser, because as long as I have been "on the ship" things have been perfect. Thanks again all for letting me vent and I'm looking forward to meeting some of you on the Nov. 29, 03 sailing.

Thanks again,

See you on another thread

lampskies (Ron)

Whew! I just read this whole thread and now I'm worried. I haven't received a 50% off voucher yet. I did go on the 12/1 Wonder and rebooked my "50% off" cruise onboard...for 1/17/04. My ressie states the "going rate" price and I was told that once I got home and received the voucher, I could call and have it applied. From what you all are saying, I will not be allowed to use the 50% in 1/2004, that's if I even ever get it. But I was told by Disney that I could use it on any future seven day sailing, ie Western for any future date, just that it would be 50% off the current rate. I put my faith in Disney's excellent reputation and assumed that the voucher was on it's way. Now that it is March and I have not heard anything from Disney, I'm wondering if I will ever get that 50% off coupon (or would it ever come if I didn't pursue it?) I know it must seem like, "why'd you wait so long to follow-up," but a lot's been going on. I got lay-off 12/16 and life has had higher priorities since then. This has been the first time I checked (and it took a lot of searching) for updates on the 50% voucher. I just emailed Disney through their website..figuring calling would just get me frustration. I just can't believe there were supposedly letters mailed 12/11/03 but no one seems to have received them. It's too bad that we have to be the ones to track down this voucher when we were instructed to be patient and that it would be in the mail forthcoming. I'm keeping my fingers crossed. I wonder how many others did not automatically get their vouchers.

Disney sent our voucher to our agent. She didn't even have to forward the voucher to us, she just used it immediately for our November 15, 2003 booking. Good luck!

The only way I found out about the 50% off voucher was in a responce I recieved from "the letter" I wrote. The "voucher" is actually a letter dated Dec. 11 2002 to each of my family members that were cancelled. I recieved a responce (dated Feb 15) to my "letter" (dated Dec 19) and one of the last paragraphs said something like "in addition to your voucher in our Dec 11 letter we will give you a complimentar upgrade....". I called because I hadn't recieved that Dec 11 letter. After being switched between three people I finally got a supervisor. I requested they fax a copy of the letter. They did. It was about a page and a half to myself, my wife and both DD's. I was told to book send my deposit and send the origional voucher and upgrade with next or final payment. The couple with us used a travel agent and the agent called because they still haven't recieved their voucher. It seems like it has been taking longer if you booked with a TA.
January is off peak, I would think you won't have a problem with that.

You will have a problem with January 2004! We tried to fight it, and they specifically said it had to be taken in 2003.
Also, don't expect a free upgrade. We never got one, and it seemed to be based on category originally booked. We had originally booked at cat. 5. It seems that cat. 9 and lower got the upgrade (I believe). So don't hold your breath!

I also received a letter from Disney referencing a December 11 letter. The letter referencing the Dec. 11 letter was sent to my house and cc'ed to my travel agent. I still have not received the Dec. 11 letter. My travel agent talked to someone at Disney who said that I was to get the 50% discount but Disney still have not followed up with something in writing. Hopefully a couple more phone calls will do the trick.

The upgrade I recieved was up to a cat 6 maximum. We booked a 8 and recieved the 6 at the 8 price. I still think Disney may give that 50% on an off peak. I was told to book with Colleen on the ship and I would recieve the "voucher". I was origionally going to book the first eastern cruise in Feb 04. I was told it would be o.k. then.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter