• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Cancellation Contact / Offer Tracker

My travel agent just told me that if you book a cheaper cruise the excess with go to your onboard credits....didn't think to ask the follow up question as to what happens if you don't spend it all on the cruise but I'd imagine at that point you'd lose it...just my thoughts though

Yes, the onboard credit holds no cash value, if you don't use it, you lose it.

Yep, no offer for refund yet. I’m going to wait. 100% credit is not enough to entice me when it’s inevitable that an offer for a full refund will be on the table soon.
Same here. We expect to take refunds for both the Wonder cruise to Hawaii and the Magic 12-night Med-Greek Islands cruise from Rome to Barcelona. Our 90% refund date for the Magic cruise is early May (56 days out and we would just lose our deposit amount which was 10% since we did OBB), so we have some time on that one.

I imagine there will be some really big tippers to the servers and stateroom host to use up the excess on-board credit!:)

I was thinking the same thing...if we get it as an onboard credit my favorite cast members are gonna get a nice tip!!!

Sail date: 4/20
Disney contact: 3/15

Original offer of 100% cruise credit with cancellation up until the day before. Our sail date would be the first for the Dream IF current dates hold. I’m sure they won’t and totally understand and am thankful for the concern of my family’s safety and others.

One question if anyone has asked an official source. If Disney or I decide to cancel and we rebook, am I locked into the new date? Or can I rebook again as long as it is within 15 months of the original sails date?

finally got my offer today
Cruise: 4/4 Fantasy
Offer: 100% refund or 125% credit with rebook in 15 months; sounds like if you rebook and then cannot take it you can get a refund of your original paid amount

tempting, but only one that works for us with same itinerary is August 8 (not so sure the virus will be under control by then) or next June (cost would use most of the extra credit, might interfere with summer camp)

Hi, embarrassed to say this but;
I’m a special kind of stupid.
I have had trouble finding my refunds on 3 separate trips over the last 10 years. I have made $25 GC payments for entire cruises. Last year it was $50 GC payments.
This year I combined $6,000 on 5 cards. I wasn’t going to go through all my cards again (20 at a time daily for weeks, I still have about 100 cards) on the website checking for my refunds. So the plan was this time it would be refunded and better yet on the website so I won’t have to look for it!
But I used some of the cards at $1000 and then REFILLED them online so I didn’t have to search this year. (The cards only hold $1000 so once spent, I refilled them again)
Now I see the error in my ways and worried where the amount over $1000 will go?
I’m in a good situation right now since my cruise is not canceled. Although at that time it might be a situation where I have to cancel because my parents will be 78 and no vaccine will be available for a year from now and the cruise is in just under 10 months. I have always had 1 or 2 insurance policy’s for each cruise (always twice the price because of their age)

So, back to my point, I’m not concerned about anything more than what will happen to the money over $1000 from the Gift Cards. I know the expectations of Covid-19 is resurgence until the vaccine is available after year from the trials that started this week. I’m thinking Disney will recommend those over 60 do not cruise until the vaccine is taken. But I want a vacation that includes them and I will need a refund/rebook at least 13 months out from now.

My attempt at humor below...
Bye-bye OBB I’ve carried you for 14 months and looked forward to you meeting your sibling OBB just after your birth. Just know, you were not an accident, you were planned and we love you very dearly. I wish I could’ve done more to save you. My daughter, grandma and grandpa, and I love you very much, but we suspect Mr. Disney will be unable to save you. I know we should lead by example and not cry, I hope you will be stronger then us. We know this is also hard on Mr. Disney and he’s doing as much as he can. With love, your mom and family.

Princess actually offered 225% future cruise credits for people who were cancelled on really short notice. For guests with more notice, the rates are 175% and 150% credits -- or full refunds plus a lesser credit. But, they were hit particularly hard with this COVID-19 and their compensation levels are higher as a result.

We're still waiting on news for our 08 May sailing on the Wonder. It cannot dock in Vancouver or Victoria and cannot be re-routed to Seattle. We're curious what they will do. None of the cruise lines have released statements or options for sailings affected by Canada's temporary cruise ship ban yet.

We're still waiting on news for our 08 May sailing on the Wonder. It cannot dock in Vancouver or Victoria and cannot be re-routed to Seattle. We're curious what they will do. None of the cruise lines have released statements or options for sailings affected by Canada's temporary cruise ship ban yet.

When does everyone predict news about Canadian and European sailings will come? I'm hoping they will give people more than a few days notice like this first round of cancellations.

................We're still waiting on news for our 08 May sailing on the Wonder. It cannot dock in Vancouver or Victoria and cannot be re-routed to Seattle. We're curious what they will do. None of the cruise lines have released statements or options for sailings affected by Canada's temporary cruise ship ban yet.
We're on this cruise as well.....perhaps they could schedule a stop in Mexico (ie.. Ensenada) and then disembark in Seattle or SanDiego?

Ensenada won't work for Hawaii not considered a distant foreign port - I suspect Disney is waiting until after April 17 to cancel our Hawaii cruise.

wow, who is offering 200%?
Disney did offer the 150% for last minute cancellations, and then 125% for the others this month.
They may up it again later in April when they are slated to re-open and can't.

We were booked on the April 5th Hawaii cruise on Princess. They are offering us a 175% credit of our cruise fare to use on a future cruise or 100% refund and a 50% credit to use on a future cruise. For cruises that departed in mid March they were offering a 225% credit on a future cruise. Since we have an Alaskan cruise planned for late August, we decided to take the second option in case the Alaska cruise got canceled.

We're on this cruise as well.....perhaps they could schedule a stop in Mexico (ie.. Ensenada) and then disembark in Seattle or SanDiego?
As WDWEPCOT said, this won't work for the scheduled Hawaii cruises since they are one way and require a DISTANT foreign port call, rather than just a foreign port call that a closed loop cruise needs.

I suspect they are trying to figure out alternate itineraries for the cruises that were embarking/disembarking in Vancouver. They could be asking for an exemption from the requirements (as most cruise lines would be losing at least 1/3 of their Alaska season with the Canada ban) but the government might not be jumping to help the cruise industry as this point and Seattle has it's own schedule so doubt they could take on all the extra traffic. I'm going to be very disappointed if the Hawaii itinerary becomes just a Mexico itinerary - that offer better come with a partial refund because no way is the premium for Hawaii the same as a trip to Cabo - plus the change in airfare as right now we're still outside the time period the airlines are allowing flexibility. I'm hoping for the two Hawaii trips at least they might be considering if a partial Panama Canal transit is possible.

Hawaii is not interested in having cruises at this time. I just don't see the Hawaii cruise happening

I read that this morning! I am so frustrated with all of this - I understand Disney is overwhelmed with all the cruises they had to cancel - but to leave us hanging is just not right - we need an answer so we can move on - make other plans. Enough is Enough - Come on Disney Step Up and Do the Right Thing by your faithful Customers!!!

As WDWEPCOT said, this won't work for the scheduled Hawaii cruises since they are one way and require a DISTANT foreign port call, rather than just a foreign port call that a closed loop cruise needs.

I suspect they are trying to figure out alternate itineraries for the cruises that were embarking/disembarking in Vancouver. They could be asking for an exemption from the requirements (as most cruise lines would be losing at least 1/3 of their Alaska season with the Canada ban) but the government might not be jumping to help the cruise industry as this point and Seattle has it's own schedule so doubt they could take on all the extra traffic. I'm going to be very disappointed if the Hawaii itinerary becomes just a Mexico itinerary - that offer better come with a partial refund because no way is the premium for Hawaii the same as a trip to Cabo - plus the change in airfare as right now we're still outside the time period the airlines are allowing flexibility. I'm hoping for the two Hawaii trips at least they might be considering if a partial Panama Canal transit is possible.
Mexico is just as "distant" as Vancouver, Canada, so why not?

I myself would NOT want a Mexico trip or anything other than the Hawaii trip I booked - I know Disney can change ports but come on = That is changing the Whole Cruise! Just change me to Alaska then = at least that would be worth the money - Mexico heck no = I've done Alaska I would do that or the Panama Canal - but if you can't do that - GIVE ME MY MONEY BACK!! Or give me a good deal to book a future cruise - the nightmare most of us went thru to book the Hawaii Cruise = Obtain the Cabins we wanted - EVENTUALLY - Try and get the Excursions we wanted - EVENTUALLY - Still trying to get Palo - NOT YET - Still Trying to get Tastings - NOT YET = Spa booking up - This cruise has been a HOT cruise = and now we just sit knowing it more than likely will NOT happen and DISNEY is Quiet as a MOUSE with OUR Money expecting us to give back OUR Deposit or just book another Cruise - UNACCEPTABLE !!!

I read that this morning! I am so frustrated with all of this - I understand Disney is overwhelmed with all the cruises they had to cancel - but to leave us hanging is just not right - we need an answer so we can move on - make other plans. Enough is Enough - Come on Disney Step Up and Do the Right Thing by your faithful Customers!!!
Fully agree with all you've said. The way DCL are not informing customers is damaging my view of the company. Now I'm expecting the Hawaii, Alaska and Europe seasons to not be cancelled until the day before the first sailings.

I myself would NOT want a Mexico trip or anything other than the Hawaii trip I booked - I know Disney can change ports but come on = That is changing the Whole Cruise! Just change me to Alaska then = at least that would be worth the money - Mexico heck no = I've done Alaska I would do that or the Panama Canal - but if you can't do that - GIVE ME MY MONEY BACK!! Or give me a good deal to book a future cruise - the nightmare most of us went thru to book the Hawaii Cruise = Obtain the Cabins we wanted - EVENTUALLY - Try and get the Excursions we wanted - EVENTUALLY - Still trying to get Palo - NOT YET - Still Trying to get Tastings - NOT YET = Spa booking up - This cruise has been a HOT cruise = and now we just sit knowing it more than likely will NOT happen and DISNEY is Quiet as a MOUSE with OUR Money expecting us to give back OUR Deposit or just book another Cruise - UNACCEPTABLE !!!
I'm not suggesting a Mexico itinerary......I'm suggesting the cruise itinerary would remain the same (Hawaii) but have Mexico be the "foreign port" stop off and return to some port other than Vancouver

I can’t change airfare last minute and hotels etc
A lot of us have travel bans on us too we need to take care of business and it all starts with the cruise

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter