Cancellation Contact / Offer Tracker

Dreading the phone calls I'm going to have to make. Also, the CAD is falling. I don't want to take the cash, because all that USD I spent will just be converted back on my original payment method.

So much to factor in. Anyone able to move people around in new bookings without losing the bonus credit?

Has anyone actually had someone call them back after giving the cast member the information that they say they “put on a form so that we can call you back”? We were scheduled on the Dream March 16, got cancelled Thursday (3/12) night, received our email to call on 3/13 and did. Form #1 filled out. Instructed to call back Sunday 3/15 “in case no one had called us.” They didn’t, so we called in and they filled out Form #2. Just got another email this evening 3/18 to call. We did, and then were told that nothing could be done at this time but that they could “fill out a form” and someone would call us. Every time I’ve called it’s been between an hour and a half to two hour wait. If they aren’t ready to process rebooking with the credits, why the heck do they keep sending emails with instructions to call?

Has anyone actually had someone call them back after giving the cast member the information that they say they “put on a form so that we can call you back”? We were scheduled on the Dream March 16, got cancelled Thursday (3/12) night, received our email to call on 3/13 and did. Form #1 filled out. Instructed to call back Sunday 3/15 “in case no one had called us.” They didn’t, so we called in and they filled out Form #2. Just got another email this evening 3/18 to call. We did, and then were told that nothing could be done at this time but that they could “fill out a form” and someone would call us. Every time I’ve called it’s been between an hour and a half to two hour wait. If they aren’t ready to process rebooking with the credits, why the heck do they keep sending emails with instructions to call?

Same thing for my March clients. Reservations CMs always pick up immediately, but tell me we're still in a holding pattern.

We are on the June 29 Alaska Cruise which can no longer leave from Canada. PIF date is passed. The website and TA say to wait for an email from DCL. Disney says No itinerary changes at of yet? Just sitting tight right now waiting for the cancelation from DCL.

We are on the June 29 Alaska Cruise which can no longer leave from Canada. PIF date is passed. The website and TA say to wait for an email from DCL. Disney says No itinerary changes at of yet? Just sitting tight right now waiting for the cancelation from DCL.

Same as we wait for our Hawaii to Vancouver cruise to officially be canceled. Feel bad for our TA that is sitting on the phone for hours a day on hold.

On March 13th I received an email to call regarding our 3/21 Fantasy cruise. Told them we would take the 125% credit. Gave them our future cruise date and they said somebody would call me in a couple days regarding everything. Have yet to hear anything from Disney but I did receive another email saying to contact DCL again because our cruise has been cancelled. I imagine that email went out to everyone, like we needed a reminder. Thought about calling today but then I saw this thread and figured that would be of no use.

I’m not sure this counts but we’re on the Panama Canal sailing that ends tomorrow and which missed all but two ports. (Haven’t been off the ship in 9 days now). We received 40 percent off a future cruise that we can use with the bob 10 percent, and a 10 percent refund on this sailing.

Same cruise.
I'm hoping to go to Hawaii that same week, but I need a refund.
And knowing that we can travel.

VERY not paranoid about catching germs, but obviously if the trip can't happen...

Anyone take their offer and were able to apply their credit to an existing cruise, or does it have to be a new cruise?

Anyone take their offer and were able to apply their credit to an existing cruise, or does it have to be a new cruise?
everything I've heard is that it has to be a new cruise, not an existing reservation.

Just got this from DCL regarding my cruise that I requested a refund from Costco for 5 days ago. DCL letter mentions no possibility of refund:
"As you know, in the abundance of caution and in the best interest of our guests and cast, Disney Cruise Line suspended all departures beginning Saturday, March 14, 2020, for 30 days. We want to provide you with additional details related to your planned cruise vacation.

As part of your cruise cancellation, you were offered the opportunity to reschedule your cruise to a sailing within the next 15 months of your original sail date and receive a 125% cruise credit toward your new cruise. We appreciate your patience while we worked through our system configuration. When you are ready to book your next Disney cruise vacation and apply this cruise credit towards a future sailing, please contact your travel agent or a member of our reservation team at 1-866-325-6685 or 407-566-7797.

We appreciate your understanding during these unprecedented times and look forward to welcoming you aboard in the future."

It may take months, but I intend to hold them to the original cruise contract. They canceled my cruise and I am due a refund. I did what they said and waited to get an email from them before contacting my TA (Costco). I filled out the forms for Costco and received confirmation from them that my cruise was cancelled with a full refund.

Cruisehopeful, I got the same message as well. I was able to cancel via Costco 3 days ago and they said refund may take 3 weeks. I am hoping Disney just sent that out to everyone booked on my cruise and hasn’t processed refund yet. Disney rep said I would get a refund when I called.

It may take months, but I intend to hold them to the original cruise contract. They canceled my cruise and I am due a refund. I did what they said and waited to get an email from them before contacting my TA (Costco). I filled out the forms for Costco and received confirmation from them that my cruise was cancelled with a full refund.

Same here. I cancelled with Costco and they confirmed I would get a refund. Then yesterday I got the same email as you from DCL. I’m really hoping it was just an email blast to everyone (probably hoping to encourage people to rebook and NOT take the refund option). They cannot offer a full refund in writing and then take it back. I think it will take a while to actually get the $ back though. :(

Same here. I cancelled with Costco and they confirmed I would get a refund. Then yesterday I got the same email as you from DCL. I’m really hoping it was just an email blast to everyone (probably hoping to encourage people to rebook and NOT take the refund option). They cannot offer a full refund in writing and then take it back. I think it will take a while to actually get the $ back though. :(

I’m already rebooked and I got one as well. It’s just an email blast, no need to worry.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter