Canadian Olympic thread

Just watched an interview with Apolo Ohno, who was disqualified from the 500m race. He said he was only disqualified because it was a Canadian judge/ref on Canadian soil.

Everything that I've read about Apolo is that he regularly skates the line between "fair" and "not fair" in his races.

His disqualification had nothing to do with the Canadian getting the Gold (Apolo crossed the line in second), but would have stopped the Canadian Bronze.
I guess he now knows what it feels like to be on the other side when he is the one who gets disqualified considering that's how he won a Gold in 2002. As for his comment about it being a Canadian judge/ref on Canadian soil, it just proves he is a bad losser.

Wow! Another amazing night for our Olympians. A silver in Curling, gold and bronze in the 500M short track, gold in the 5000M relay, and our boys win a tight one to go for gold in hockey.

I'm happy that the Hamelin brothers get to stand on the podium together and realize their dream. How awesome is that! :thumbsup2

Yay, yay, yay Team Canada!!! We freakin rock!!

Yes I live in the US now but make no mistake about who I'm cheering for! :cool1:

Just watched an interview with Apolo Ohno, who was disqualified from the 500m race. He said he was only disqualified because it was a Canadian judge/ref on Canadian soil.

Everything that I've read about Apolo is that he regularly skates the line between "fair" and "not fair" in his races.

His disqualification had nothing to do with the Canadian getting the Gold (Apolo crossed the line in second), but would have stopped the Canadian Bronze.

If you saw the look on Ohno's face when he crossed the line he knew darn well he had fouled Tremblay. He had this "holy sh*t" kind of smirk on his face. He has a reputation for skating dirty and I think it's just sour grapes. He's used to being the golden boy, but this time he got busted for it. If you watch the replay there's no doubt.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter