• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Canadian At Par Room Codes Coming May 15th

Snowwark -- I'm with you -- maybe AKL finally. We stayed at ASSp with the deal last September and it was great. It was $47 US a night which can't be beat.

We are going in October anyway so this will save us some $ that's for sure if it's true.

Didn't see it til this morning and woke SO up to tell him. He wasn't too impressed to be woken up but when he does fully he'll be excited.

It starts July 1st so maybe can get a trip in before October. Everyone at work can't believe that I'm not going til October.

Yeah!!!!!

Cdnmickeylover

Hi Everybody:

I am still trying to talk dh into another trip this fall.

Do you folks think there will be any rooms left after the fairytale package that they just released.
I myself would prefer room only as we have a bunch of passes left, and dh and I just love to hang out at the resorts. But one park I really want to go to when it is not HOT is animal kingdom park. We would like to take the time to do all the pretty little paths.

We miss discovery island for a quiet tropical retreat. Take care,

Bye,

Deb.

Hi Deb,

When I called to add "non-smoking" to my room request, I asked the CM if there were "limited" rooms availabe for this package....he said there were plenty of rooms & that as long as there are rooms available on the dates you request & you book before this FT special ends (June), you can have the FT package. If they thought were going to sell out, I doubt they'd release room only codes. Call on Thursday & see what rates & resorts are available & I'm sure you'll get what you want.

I'm calling to add a night onto our FT package. We're arriving at 10:30 pm on the 17th so will stay at an airport hotel that night (have a free night at Hampton Inn I'm going to use) but we don't leave until the 26th & my FT package for 7 nights only gives us until the 25th. So I want a "room only" for the night of the 25th (but not at the rack rate! & we leave at 8:00 am on the 26th so we don't need the UPHs)...this "at par" rate may be great for us (unless there's a 3 night minimum...which I think there sometimes is).

Good luck convincing DH :teeth: ...keep us posted & let us know what you decide :)

Hi Lisa:

I did put my name down for port orleans riverside for a 7 night ft pack. It came to 1213, somewhere around that amount anyways, for the two of us, really not a bad price.

I asked for 7 nights AAA room only and it was 1090 so the ft pack is not that much more. But the poly ft for 7 nights was somewhere around 2105 american. At this time I think the moderate price will fit our budget better, as I had not planned another trip this soon. But I do love the poly, so maybe I can grab a couple of nights room only at the poly, we will have to see.

The one thing I did not like booking thru wdtravel was the cancellation insurance of approx 38.00 each and I declined but I do worry about the 45 day cancellation, as I have a sick motherinlaw and who knows what can happen, so i really would rather have booked this with central reservations. I used to be a disney club member but I never rejoined, thinking I would not be going back for a while.

I find it hard to go all the way to florida, especially driving and not stay at the poly, I am spoiled, as much as port orleans is lovely too, I guess I am hooked on the tropical of ambience of the poly.

I will call on thurs and see what is up. Good luck Lisa on your res.

Deb.

:bounce: I love the dis boards!:bounce:
I am so excited, can't wait for the 15th! Can anyone tell me if it is a limited number of resorts available at par? AND is conceirge available at par?

Thanks
Melinda :bounce: :earsgirl:

This could be really good!!!!

I already have a great annual passholder rate at AKL for 10 nights in August and just completed my on-line booking with Air Canada (Using points) and now.....Canadian at par rates coming!!??

Too good to be true!! Life is good!!!!:bounce:

Hi everyone....
Please don't anyone read me wrong about this but....I told you that the Cdn par would be in when the Cdn Special tickets "supposedly" expired .....No I'm not trying to be An I told you so-er but it is getting predictably with Disney (which is a good thing)
Now what I was trying to figure out is with the U.S. exchange falling like a heavy rock is the fairytale pkg. a better savings?
I guess it is if you won't was UHP all your days- Or have an AP
(I read on the CB that AP rates will also be announced soon)
I did an online comparison of the FT- CBR $1691.03 (2A, 1J,1C)US
AKL $2511.13, ASMo $1475.13 - all 7n/8d in Oct. (reg Season I think)
Lisa- How do you think this compares? Isn't the Ft about 43% off
Hockeymom-
PICK ME!!!!!!!!!!!!! :PinkbouncPICK ME!!!!!!!!

I think there are a limited number of "at par" rooms but if you call on Thursday, you should be OK. I think all resorts were available last year (I did get a quote for GF Concierge but passed ;))

Last year the Canadian "at par" was calculated as follows: the US$ "rack rate"...only in Canadian $...then converted to US$ at an exchange rate predetermined by Disney (~1.61 last year)...they quote you a rate in US $ not Canadian $.

eg. Last year the "rack rate" for the GF Gardenview was "$329 US" (without tax).

They converted "$329 Canadian" to US at ~ 1.61 (or $.62) so we paid $204 US per night.

The best available "code rate" for the GF Gardenview at the time I booked was $229 US/night + tax & we were quoted $228 US/night including tax ($204 + 11.5% tax). So it was a pretty good rate.

Now when got there & actually paid for it, we paid less per night because the exchange rate (1.55) was better than the rate Disney was using (1.61)...so we actually paid $316 US/night + tax (vs. the $329 US + Tax "rack rate" they based it on).

Clear as mud :teeth: ??

Let's see what this year brings :) The exchange rate is ~ 1.40 right now but I'm atill hoping for an "at par" Poly rate of ~$199 US w/tax (the best code rate right now is $199 + tax...so $199 w/tax if it's like last year)...I can hope can't I? :teeth:

AP Rates for 7/4/03-8/23/03 are already out...they came out on Thursday.

I forgot to ask....since wdw is being predicatable, what's your opinions/ guess about a fall Cdn ticket mess...oops I mean Cdn ticket special again... last year I got both for Nov.?

man I shouldn't even be planning this again...Ok I'll just go with DH this time:p

Based on what mousesavers says: "at par" is starting at $77 CA$ so I "think" it could be something like this:

All Stars @$49 US x 1.2 (tax) = $54.88 ($55) x 1.4 (exchange rate) = $77 CA$ ($20 less than current AP rates)

The same best Moderate Rate is $84 + tax so if you got it for:

$74 US: $74 x 1.115 tax = $82.51 x1.4 (exchange) = $115 CA$ for a moderate.

$115 x 7 = $805 + $2119 annual passes (3 x 393 x 1.4 plus 1 x 335 x 1.4) = $2924 Canadian for 1 week at a moderate

OR

$64 US: $64 x 1.115 tax = $71.36 x1.4 (exchange) = $100 CA$ for a moderate.

$100 x 7 = $700 + $2119 annual passes (3 x 393 x 1.4 plus 1 x 335 x 1.4) = $2819 Canadian for 1 week at a moderate

vs FT at $1696.84 US x 1.4 = $2375.58 CA for 1 week at a moderate

therefore...it's cheaper with FT...BUT... these are just guesses & I am by no means a "Disney Expert" and do not have a crystal ball :teeth: :teeth:

lisa THE accountant--Thanks for all the number crunching!!!!

I've just scanned the DIS- where did you find the AP rates?
Mousesavers?

I hope they have a great Fall / Nov Promo like the FT.
Now to convince SIL to come with me:o

Correct me if I'm wrong....

But last years' "At Par Deal" was based on 1.63 when actually we were at 1.55 or there abouts, when the rate came out.

Guess we'll have to see what happens!

But whatever, WE'RE GOING TO DISNEYWORLD!

The official word for work, "We are going to a friends Cottage!"LOL They just don't understand!:rolleyes:

Let's keep our fingers, toes andeyes crossed!;)

Scratch
:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :wave:

So far Dh seems to be favourable in me going back this fall.

I think I would go near the end of the value season in September/October and stay at the All Stars Sports or Music. I think I would have to go solo because someone has to be here with Tim if Dan is away at University and Dh is already taking a week's holidays at the beginning of September because he is volunteering to be a marshall (his dream) at the Canadian Open in Hamilton.

I think I only have one PH day left so I'd have to buy another PH but don't want to go into the parks everyday. I like to resort hop like you Deb, and go shopping and plan to have days left over for next trip so the "at par" is probably best for me.

Hockeymom, when did the SW "friends fly free" promotion come out last year, I've forgotten. Hmmmm, when in October did you say you are going? ;)

We have enough Aeroplan points for one ticket but depending on expirey, Dh wants to save them if we manage to get back to Hawaii. He's been talking about that a lot lately and it would be wonderful to go back. But I don't know, I think we will be too poor with Dan's university costs and Tim not far behind.

I know the feeling Jule...we have 2 to pay for in September :eek: .
How was your garage sale today...did you make enough to pay for your trip ;) ?

Julie,

How did your Garage Sales go today? Any tips you can pass along?

Scratch
:smooth:

I know what you mean Scratch about people "not understanding". When I tell people we're going back they look at me like I'm strange. At least this year I'm telling everyone I'm taking my DD for a special 16th birthday celebration...just mother & daughter...then they say "oh, that's so nice" & forget where I said I was going and all is OK again ;) But I'm scared to tell my mother we're going back again...imagine...at my age being scared to tell my mother what I'm doing...she thinks I'm nuts.

That's what I love about the DIS Boards...we're all "nuts" about Disney :D

Lisa, when they figure out the "at par" rate, does the reduced US$ rate + tax just equal the listed rate. In your calculations for the value rate, your figures just add up to the $77 value season rate. Does my explanation make sense? Normally $77 US$ + 12% tax = $86.24

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter