Can AK be done before 2pm?

mlggirl

Earning My Ears
I am trying to decide what to do before MNSSHP, is there enough time to do AK before we leave around 2pm to ger ready for the party?
Happy to buy G+ and ILL if that will make a difference. My boyfriend and I are visiting in early September. His first time, I have been many times before.

Must do:
Dinosaur
Expedition Everest
Flight of Passage
Kilamanjaro Safari
Na'Vi River Journey
Kali River Rapids

Everything else is just bonus!

I am trying to decide what to do before MNSSHP, is there enough time to do AK before we leave around 2pm to ger ready for the party?
Happy to buy G+ and ILL if that will make a difference. My boyfriend and I are visiting in early September. His first time, I have been many times before.

Must do:
Dinosaur
Expedition Everest
Flight of Passage
Kilamanjaro Safari
Na'Vi River Journey
Kali River Rapids

Everything else is just bonus!
In September, especially with G+ I would expect so. First week of May we did everything on that list, minus Kali, but add in Festival of the Lion King... we arrived around 11 AM and left around 4. Book your first LL at 7, dinosaur and Expedition Everest we booked as we were walking to them. If it's not going well you can also use single rider for EE.

If you are there early, I think you could do it with G+ and ILL. For us, we'd get ILL for FOP, G+ for Safari, then Rope Drop Navi, do FOP (if you can time it), do the Safari LL, and then pick the next LL. Whatever makes the most sense for an LL then would determine where we go to wait next. I agree with above poster saying keep single-rider in mind for EE. We'd do Kali last before leaving, since you'll be pretty wet!! Have a fun day! And remember - if you have G+, you might use it for an MK attraction later in the day before the party - don't know if that matters to you or not, but it is a consideration.

I agree that you can fit all of those rides in before 2, especially if you rope drop and buy an ILL for FOP. I do hope you take some time to enjoy the rest of AK while you're there! Is sounds like you are prioritizing what you can ride, but the park is BEAUTIFUL and there are some great shows.

I don't know what your food plans are for the day, but there are some nice options. Possibly getting on the walk-up list for Nomad Lounge would fit into your plans.

This past weekend, in this order, we did:

-Rope drop FOP (Arrived at AK 40 minutes before opening), 20 minute wait
-Safari, 10 minute wait
-Coffee break
-Everest x2 using single rider lane, walk on (actual wait time was 10-15 minutes for the regular line)
-Dinosaur x2, 5 minute wait
-Chip & Dale
-lunch break
-Kali, 25 minute wait
-Rafiki's Planet watch, walk on
-Timon
-Everest single rider, walk on
-Dinosaur, 15 minute wait
-dessert break

By 1pm. So definitely doable, Nav'i is the only one we didn't do on your list.

Sure, you can do all of those rides by 2pm. But I think AK is a lot more than those rides.
Oh yes definitely! I love walking around the animal trails normally. Unfortunately we have a rather short trip and it's either do AK before the party or not at all :(

Sure, you can do all of those rides by 2pm. But I think AK is a lot more than those rides.
i agree. you can do any park before 2pm but miss out on a lot of the details. animal kingdom is incredible, especially at night when there is that opportunity.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter