California Grill and Hoop-Dee-Doo

Anxious in BR

Earning My Ears
We have ps for Calfiornia Grill one night and are hoping to see the fireworks from here. I have never been there. Any advise on the best seats to ask for?

We also have ps for Hoop-Dee-Doo for the 5:00 show. I have booked this since December and we are going to Disney in July. What is the best way to get a table near the stage. Again...have never been there?

Thanks!!!:earsgirl:

I can't help with the hoop de doo..........but with Cali grill I would make ressies for about an hour to and hour and half before the fireworks. As soon as you get there ....ask them if it is possible for a seat with a view of mk and tell them you'd be willing to wait. It is not guaranteed but there is a decent chance you could get a view of the fireworks. If not...don't fret...you can go outside on the viewing area to view the fireworks....they will hold your meal so it doesn't get cold.

dansyr is right. Make PS for about an hour and half prior to the fireworks (check schedule). Then, show up 20 minutes prior to that time and tell them you would really like to watch the fireworks while dining and you wouldn't mind waiting for a table. 5 out of the 6 times we did this, we got our table and loved the show while eating dessert. One time they just had too many people with the same request ahead of us so we ate in the very back room.... however!! Our waitress told us when the fireworks were about to start and we grabbed our wine and went out to the balcony and watched the fireworks from there and it was wonderful also. After the fireworks, we went back to our dinner.

Cal grill is one of my all time fav's on the Cont. U.S. Have fun, enjoy, and don't let the menu scare you (I can rarely recognize anything so I just point at something and ask "is that good?") :)

Nothing I can add about the CG to what's already been well said!!

And I also think Hoop de do seatings are done by the earliest PS, etc. So it sounds like you'll be pretty close to the stage. And in any event, the players seem to spend just as much time in the audience as on stage. We've had front row seats several times, and often find ourselves turning our chairs around to see the action in the audience.

Thanks so much for the insight! I can't wait. The kids will love both I'm sure!

I do love to try different types of food so I am anxious to see the menu for CG.:wave:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter