Cake Bake Shop at the BoardWalk opening in 2024

So much hate for the prices. Have you seen Space 220? When I look at the menu there are some prices that are not out of range of half the restaurants in my town (and I live in po dunk Central Valley California in one of the poorest areas of the state). Maybe I am immune to it because I live in California. I don't know.
Yeah, I don’t go to Space 220 either. I also don’t do Topolino’s because I think it is also outrageously priced. I have to be selective with my dining money in Disney. I don’t want them to fail, but I don’t see how those prices are sustainable. But hey, Disney fans are a different breed. I mean, I fall prey to that, but I draw the line at a $23 egg sandwich.

I have to be selective with my dining money in Disney. I don’t want them to fail, but I don’t see how those prices are sustainable.
But hey, Disney fans are a different breed.

I kinda think that is what makes Disney work. Everyone is selective with what they are willing to be selective with. For myself the LLMP and LLSP is the thing about to break me. But, apparently I am cool with a $26 slice of cake and a $24 mimosa lol. Even I don't understand my brain. Lucky for Disney many people are like me.

Different strokes for different folks. It is what the makes the world (Disney and otherwise lol) go around.

Can't imagine the cash flow sitch on this one. Definitely getting Ample Hills Creamery flashbacks. Will have to try it out when it opens -- sounds like it may be fantastic. BWV certainly can use more variety of food service offerings!

I have a question that maybe people who live near the established locations can answer.... Since CBS doesn't use any preservatives, what happens to the days old cake that hasn't sold? Do they donate it? Sell it at a discount? Throw it in the trash? Genuinely curious. I know Panera usually donates their day-old bakery.
I have a question that maybe people who live near the established locations can answer.... Since CBS doesn't use any preservatives, what happens to the days old cake that hasn't sold? Do they donate it? Sell it at a discount? Throw it in the trash? Genuinely curious. I know Panera usually donates their day-old bakery.
My daughter works next door to the Carmel location I will have to ask her if she knows what they do with the products. I have been there close to closing time and the bakery counter is very full.

I cannot believe how many people hope it fails! Hellooooo people it has been empty for literally almost five years. ESPN is gone. It isn't coming back (and we loved ESPN). Do we all really just want it to be an empty building aka Big River Grill?

So much hate for the prices. Have you seen Space 220? When I look at the menu there are some prices that are not out of range of half the restaurants in my town (and I live in po dunk Central Valley California in one of the poorest areas of the state). Maybe I am immune to it because I live in California. I don't know.

I guarantee you if they put the old Tangled character breakfast there no one will be able to get in. Remember when Trattoria was the hottest ticket going? Offer a mother daughter tea... bam.

It won't fail. Disney will help make sure it doesn't fail because it does no good to have an empty building.
All of this^

Cake Bake Shops offer several different Afternoon Teas, lots of events like Cake Decorating events, Private Events, special dinners with Santa, Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner, Alcoholic Drinks, Appetizers, Gift Shop, Bakery, Catering ... and they partner with Costco, Tiffany & Co, Pottery Barn, Williams-Sonoma ........... this isn't some winging it, no thought business. I am sure they did more than enough due diligence and have a solid agreement with Disney.

Maybe Tea has not returned to GF because she made an exclusive deal with Disney?

90% of Disney restaurants prices are RIDICULOUS for what you get. Not at all worth it. But people throw the money at them. This is no different except the atmosphere likely beats out 90% of Disney's restaurants. IF it looks like the pictures the quality of the interior puts Disney to shame.

Most of the arguments here just don't stand up ~ they are based on one's personal opinion and choice. And that is fine, don't go. But to say that it will fail because YOU don't like the prices, you don't like the menu, you don't ..... :rolleyes:

I guess time will tell, but many folks will be interested in the unique experience that they would have not have access to except at Disney.

NOTE: I rarely do TS anymore at Disney because every time I do I walk out feeling ripped off. I'm not soft on Disney dining. This is finally a unique offering with a beautiful atmosphere ... and prices are on par with the location. Really very perplexed by all the hate energy on this business while so many others in same range offering less have had none.

All of this^

Cake Bake Shops offer several different Afternoon Teas, lots of events like Cake Decorating events, Private Events, special dinners with Santa, Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner, Alcoholic Drinks, Appetizers, Gift Shop, Bakery, Catering ... and they partner with Costco, Tiffany & Co, Pottery Barn, Williams-Sonoma ........... this isn't some winging it, no thought business. I am sure they did more than enough due diligence and have a solid agreement with Disney.

Maybe Tea has not returned to GF because she made an exclusive deal with Disney?

90% of Disney restaurants prices are RIDICULOUS for what you get. Not at all worth it. But people throw the money at them. This is no different except the atmosphere likely beats out 90% of Disney's restaurants. IF it looks like the pictures the quality of the interior puts Disney to shame.

Most of the arguments here just don't stand up ~ they are based on one's personal opinion and choice. And that is fine, don't go. But to say that it will fail because YOU don't like the prices, you don't like the menu, you don't ..... :rolleyes:

I guess time will tell, but many folks will be interested in the unique experience that they would have not have access to except at Disney.

NOTE: I rarely do TS anymore at Disney because every time I do I walk out feeling ripped off. I'm not soft on Disney dining. This is finally a unique offering with a beautiful atmosphere ... and prices are on par with the location. Really very perplexed by all the hate energy on this business while so many others in same range offering less have had none.

Sexism? I mean there was a reason I used the 'ladies who lunch' phrase to describe this place and the reference to Sex in the City. Doubt Gordon Ramsey opening up a place that is a clone of one of his Vegas locations (and there are many) would get this much hate.

Everybody who plans a Disney trip has a different idea of "what's worth it" for spending on different aspects of the trip. Some people like table service restaurants. Some people like quick service restaurants. Some people make their own sandwiches and take them into the theme parks.

For me, personally, when looking at the CBS menu, it was the $24 tuna salad sandwich which made me say, "You've got to be kidding me."

But I suppose there may someone who looks at the menu and thinks, "Oh, thank goodness, there's a tuna salad sandwich on the menu because most of our group wants to go there, and that's the only thing [insert name here] would eat."

I love cake, so I may buy one slice to go. That's all. But the thing is, WDW is fun for people for different reasons. I think certain splurges are worth it that others find ridiculous. I stay at deluxes, which I KNOW makes no sense in terms of money at all, but it's my thing. You do you, Disers!

My issue with the pricing is it’s not really an experience, compared to a character meal or Space 220. It’s difficult to place a dollar value on your kid having a convo with Goofy at Chef Mickey. Or seeing fireworks from Toppolino. Therefore for some people it’s “worth it.”

There’s no justifying $20 for a cookie and soda. That’s just absurd.

But like I said I’ll be there to try the cake once.

I'm excited to try it. Definitely seems like a highly instagrammable destination spot. Interested to see how it works at the Boardwalk. Parking is nuts as it is. Excited to have something operating in that space after so long. Now, what to do with the Big River Grille space?

My issue with the pricing is it’s not really an experience, compared to a character meal or Space 220. It’s difficult to place a dollar value on your kid having a convo with Goofy at Chef Mickey. Or seeing fireworks from Toppolino. Therefore for some people it’s “worth it.”

We can meet up, get slices to go, and eat on the Boardwalk lol

But this might totally be an experience for many. I can see plenty of people buying into the whimsical atmosphere of the place. Many people can’t stand character meals or have no interest in Space. We all like different things.

For those that say “No Way” good luck walking past with little girls and telling no we are not going in there….especially granddaughters😏
It looks elegant and fancy but kind of old-fashioned from the outside. I honestly can’t imagine many little girls walking by and wanting/asking to go in there.

It looks elegant and fancy but kind of old-fashioned from the outside. I honestly can’t imagine many little girls walking by and wanting/asking to go in there.
I think I'd take little girls to a princess meal. The cost is probably comparable.
Now if it were a trip with a good friend I might opt for trying the cake restaurant.

Agreed. Given there’s already a high-end, high-quality restaurant in Flying Fish (which we love) and also a solid Italian option in Trattoria (which we frequent more for breakfast than for dinner but do enjoy) I just think they missed the mark with the BWV demographic. Lots of families. It would have been nice to have a mid-range, more casual eatery with pub fare etc.

Maybe the local market will fill the void, but the location & parking will likely be an issue.

Time will tell!
Everyone is different. I have never eaten at Flying Fish or Trattoria. I have eaten at the Fountain at the Dolphin many times, which I consider a mid-range, casual eatery.

I
DIS is a Disney fan forum. Many of the threads and posts are about saving money. Resort discounts. Crystal Light packets to put in tap water. What third party ticket sellers offer discounts, a few dollars per ticket. A few years ago posters were making meal reservations, but only ordering desserts.

Those guests aren't the target market.

Edited to add PP are right about parking. Validating valet parking is one idea.
Sure, and lots of people are spending $600-$800 on one night's lodging. I occasionally splurge on a DVC rental ($300 a night for Saratoga Springs in March) but I am more often offsite because I think Disney resorts are overpriced. I don't go on those resort threads and tell them how stupidly ridiculous those rates are, if they want to pay for it, that's fine. The huge volume of outrage here I do find odd. I rarely eat expensive dinners, but will go to this place.

FREE VACATION PLANNING!

Dreams Unlimited Travel is here to help you plan your ideal Disney vacation, with no additional cost to you. Our Authorized Disney Vacation Planners offer expert advice, answer all your questions, and constantly seek out the best discounts, ensuring you get the most value for your trip. Let us handle the details so you can focus on making magical memories.
CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest