BWV refurb is in full swing.

Someone on Facebook posted that they are in a 1 bedroom boardwalk view at the end of the hall by Jellyrolls and it also has a pull out couch instead of a Murphy bed. This is really making me nervous for the standard studios we booked. I really hope they get some Murphy beds in soon. I wouldn’t care if they were new mattresses, but this person says it’s an old, uncomfortable pull out couch.
The only refurbished rooms that have been reported to still have the sofa beds are those BW view rooms on the ground level between the old Big River Grill and Jellyrolls. If you have standard view, you should not have worries about the sofa beds because there are no standard view rooms there.

The only refurbished rooms that have been reported to still have the sofa beds are those BW view rooms on the ground level between the old Big River Grill and Jellyrolls. If you have standard view, you should not have worries about the sofa beds because there are no standard view rooms there.
Yes, but if they don't have enough of them for the rest of the Boardwalk wing, I don't know if they will have them for the standard and garden wing that is currently being worked on. I hope they do or I hope they don't finish in time and I have to be moved to the Inn because those pull outs can be very uncomfortable at the end of their normal life span.

Do we actually know why some rooms still have the sofa beds? Is it just 1 BRs that are affected in the Boardwalk View?

We’re staying in room 4005 right now, and while I like the refurbishment and am grateful for the new bedside table/ledge on the side of the bed closest to the bathroom, my husband and I are astonished by how uncomfortable the balcony chairs are now!

We use the balcony a lot when the weather’s nice, and these seem designed to be as tough as possible on your back. Definitely need to stick a pillow behind you to make it bearable! Not sure if this has been mentioned before, but it definitely feels like a real oversight.

I’m not really wowed by the artwork (the finish looks a little flat and cheap, somehow?), either, but it’s a nice room, and I’m happy as a clam to be here, listening to the great music and watching the Friendship boats go back and forth on Crescent Lake!
I completely agree about how uncomfortable those new balcony chairs are :crazy2: They look like there should be seat and back cushions on them :confused3

Attachments

• Balcony table & chair.jpg
    Balcony table & chair.jpg
    107.7 KB · Views: 41

About 30 days out, staying in a 1BR Standard view and really interested to see what is going to happen. I have not heard of people being reassigned recently--does anyone know if that is happening? One of the people in our group is going for the first time, so I am hoping things will be a little more cleaned up.

Checking in March 31. What is expected status of BWV.
Will standard view rooms facing bus stop be available?
What wll be open and closed?
I think the only thing safe to say is Cake Bake won’t be open. We don’t have an opening date for Blue Ribbon Corn Dogs. I’m also not so patiently waiting for standard room updates. Fingers crossed!
Do we actually know why some rooms still have the sofa beds? Is it just 1 BRs that are affected in the Boardwalk View?
As far as I have seen all of the sofa beds have been in 1 bedrooms, but with them not having enough to finish Boardwalk view, I am definitely nervous about my standard studios in April!
About 30 days out, staying in a 1BR Standard view and really interested to see what is going to happen. I have not heard of people being reassigned recently--does anyone know if that is happening? One of the people in our group is going for the first time, so I am hoping things will be a little more cleaned up.
Mid-March is the last report I have seen of someone being moved. I’m constantly checking because we have an April 1 check in, so if anyone in April gets moved please let us all know.

Maybe this has been answered and if so, my apologies for not catching the answer…. When are the renovations expected to end, esp for standard rooms?

Maybe this has been answered and if so, my apologies for not catching the answer…. When are the renovations expected to end, esp for standard rooms?
As above, DVC hasn’t said. Speculation here is by May, but we really don’t know. Given the delays encountered in the BW view wing, they may find it takes longer to do the standard wing than they expected.

As above, DVC hasn’t said. Speculation here is by May, but we really don’t know. Given the delays encountered in the BW view wing, they may find it takes longer to do the standard wing than they expected.
Thank you. I’m trying to decide whether to stay with the following configurations:

5/5/3/3
Bwv studio/
poly studio/
Bwv 2bd/
Bcv studio

Or
7/6/3
Bwv studio/
Poly studio/
Bcv studio

A big consideration is whether the bwv std room are Renovated. Basically, whether to move to the 2bd for 3 days, or stick with the studio-only configurations. Heading out mid June…. I have 31 days before the trip to make my decision (mid May) so fingers crossed!

Thank you. I’m trying to decide whether to stay with the following configurations:

5/5/3/3
Bwv studio/
poly studio/
Bwv 2bd/
Bcv studio

Or
7/6/3
Bwv studio/
Poly studio/
Bcv studio

A big consideration is whether the bwv std room are Renovated. Basically, whether to move to the 2bd for 3 days, or stick with the studio-only configurations. Heading out mid June…. I have 31 days before the trip to make my decision (mid May) so fingers crossed!
Well, given that the standard wing is completely closed off now, I suspect anyone who gets a standard view in May will get a refurbished villa. The question will be whether someone who has a standard view booked will be moved to a different view or even a different resort, if not enough standard views are available by then. Hopefully by mid-May there will be enough reports of actual room assignments here for you to decide! :tink: :tink: :tink:

We just returned from a week in BWV. We had a one bedroom pool/garden view. I'll post some observations/thoughts that may be helpful for those with trips upcoming. We were in room 5024. Fifth floor overlooking the "big pool" with the slide. We are normally overlooking the "quiet" pool but that wing is closed still. We were a bit bummed out to not be in our "normal" wing, but we were pleased to have a renovated room.

Someone asked about scaffolding. There was none to be seen around either pool areas. There is still significant work being done around the "quiet" pool with lifts and lots of power tools. During the weekends, there is no work going on and the "quiet" pool was quite nice. There were literally 6 other people there the whole time we were there. Yes, there is still equipment there, but if you face the pool/river, you don't see it. One other note, the shrubbery along the building has been removed and not yet replaced around either pool.

One definite positive, there are significantly fewer guests at the Boardwalk. It was not really that crowded and pretty easy to get reservations for dining or walk up. The entertainers on the Boardwalk were still there on the weekend nights. The family activities, s'mores, movies, kids pool activities still took place.

The Cake Bake Shop does not look close to being ready to open, sadly. The inside only has structural supports, no finish work has begun. The outside needs siding and finish work as well. There appeared to be only a few guys working the times that I walked past. I'd be very surprised if it was open before June (I am not a construction expert).

Nothing seemed to be happening with the Corn Dog kiosk. It looked the same as the picture someone posted here not that long ago.

The food truck is available for lunch and late afternoon but leaves before dinner time. We saw a Spanish food truck for a couple days, but there was a different one later in the week. Sorry, we didn't walk over to see what they were serving.

The renovation is pretty decent. I echo the sentiment about the patio chairs, they could definitely use a cushion. We had a Murphy Bed. I think it would sleep two smallish adults. It opens onto the couch so the couch is no longer usable. It appeared as though we were missing a chair or something in the living room. There was a pretty large open space in the corner that seemed like something should be there. The kitchen seems to have all new appliances and bar seating. There was a larger oval table and banquette as well.

New bathroom fixtures, dual shower heads, a bigger vanity and a deep soaking tub replaced the triangular tub that was there. They also closed in the opening between the bedroom and tub area.

All in all, we would definitely go right back and stay there again.

If anyone has any specific questions that I may be able to answer, don't hesitate to ask them. I'll check back from time to time.

Last edited:
We just returned from a week in BWV. We had a one bedroom pool/garden view. I'll post some observations/thoughts that may be helpful for those with trips upcoming. We were in room 5024. Fifth floor overlooking the "big pool" with the slide. We are normally overlooking the "quiet" pool but that wing is closed still. We were a bit bummed out to not be in our "normal" wing, but we were pleased to have a renovated room.

Someone asked about scaffolding. There was none to be seen around either pool areas. There is still significant work being done around the "quiet" pool with lifts and lots of power tools. During the weekends, there is no work going on and the "quiet" pool was quite nice. There were literally 6 other people there the whole time we were there. Yes, there is still equipment there, but if you face the pool/river, you don't see it. One other note, the shrubbery along the building has been removed and not yet replaced around either pool.

One definite positive, there are significantly fewer guests at the Boardwalk. It was not really that crowded and pretty easy to get reservations for dining or walk up. The entertainers on the Boardwalk were still there on the weekend nights. The family activities, s'mores, movies, kids pool activities still took place.

The Cake Bake Shop does not look close to being ready to open, sadly. The inside only has structural supports, no finish work has begun. The outside needs siding and finish work as well. There appeared to be only a few guys working the times that I walked past. I'd be very surprised if it was open before June (I am not a construction expert).

Nothing seemed to be happening with the Corn Dog kiosk. It looked the same as the picture someone posted here not that long ago.

The food truck is available for lunch and late afternoon but leaves before dinner time. We saw a Spanish food truck for a couple days, but there was a different one later in the week. Sorry, we didn't walk over to see what they were serving.

The renovation is pretty decent. I echo the sentiment about the patio chairs, they could definitely use a cushion. We had a Murphy Bed. I think it would sleep two smallish adults. It opens onto the couch so the couch is no longer usable. It appeared as though we were missing a chair or something in the living room. There was a pretty large open space in the corner that seemed like something should be there. The kitchen seems to have all new appliances and bar seating. There was a larger oval table and banquette as well.

New bathroom fixtures, dual shower heads, a bigger vanity and a deep soaking tub replaced the triangular tub that was there. They also closed in the opening between the bedroom and tub area.

If anyone has any specific questions that I may be able to answer, don't hesitate to ask them. I'll check back from time to time.

Were you in a dedicated one bedroom? That would explain the empty space in the living room, due to no connecting door. An extra chair would balance the space a bit better. I had the same feel in a dedicated studio.

I was at BCV ending mid February and watched for food trucks for six days. None the whole trip! After hearing of them I was looking forward to checking them out.

Were you in a dedicated one bedroom? That would explain the empty space in the living room, due to no connecting door. An extra chair would balance the space a bit better. I had the same feel in a dedicated studio.

I was at BCV ending mid February and watched for food trucks for six days. None the whole trip! After hearing of them I was looking forward to checking them out.
We were.

Any more progress on Blue Ribbon Corn Dogs that you could tell?

I was so excited to get the two standard studios 11 months out because I wanted to treat my family to the Boardwalk. We were supposed to have, according to the original timelines, finished rooms with murphy beds, cake bake, blue ribbon, and now we may not have any of that. Big River is also gone, not that we had ever been. I'm sure I'm overreacting and everything will be fine. It is Disney after all. The only thing that could really be a problem is the adults and my older teen on the old pull out couches. I just wish we had answers, but I know better than to rely on original timelines and should have planned accordingly. I will say though, as many have, that whatever is going on over at the Boardwalk with construction delays is a bit ridiculous. All construction is moving slowly...like a snail slowly.

FWIW, our daughters have always loved BWV, even when they were your daughter’s age. They even prefer that pool to storm along bay. They loved the street performers, the campfire s'mores and movies on the grass. Walking to HS and Epcot rounds it out for us. YMMV, but our girls preferred BWV to BLT and GFV.
Thank you! I think a change will be good.

Adding that I hope the room refurbishments will be completed by Aug. I don’t want to get moved.

I was so excited to get the two standard studios 11 months out because I wanted to treat my family to the Boardwalk. We were supposed to have, according to the original timelines, finished rooms with murphy beds, cake bake, blue ribbon, and now we may not have any of that. Big River is also gone, not that we had ever been. I'm sure I'm overreacting and everything will be fine. It is Disney after all. The only thing that could really be a problem is the adults and my older teen on the old pull out couches. I just wish we had answers, but I know better than to rely on original timelines and should have planned accordingly. I will say though, as many have, that whatever is going on over at the Boardwalk with construction delays is a bit ridiculous. All construction is moving slowly...like a snail slowly.
When are you going?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter