• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Buying resale through Fidelity Timeshares

Has anyone worked with Bonnie at Fidelity?
I recently worked with Bonnie on my latest contract purchase. Everything went so smoothly -- 7 weeks from offer to points in account. I was a bit apprehensive after reading some less than stellar reviews regarding Fidelity, but Bonnie was super. Going forward I certainly would not hesitate to purchase through Fidelity. :flower:

I recently worked with Bonnie on my latest contract purchase. Everything went so smoothly -- 7 weeks from offer to points in account. I was a bit apprehensive after reading some less than stellar reviews regarding Fidelity, but Bonnie was super. Going forward I certainly would not hesitate to purchase through Fidelity. :flower:
oh good to hear. I am using her now, just went to ROFR past wednesday, hoping it goes fast so we can book!!

Bonnie is great. We have one awaiting ROFR with her at OKW. I've seen some post where they've asked the sellers to pay Fidelity Fees; so that's what I did as well.
oh thats good idea!!! I wish I had thought of that..... ugh

Does anyone know how they accept payment? I was able to put my 1k deposit down via credit card. Can I also pay my total sale with credit card?

I am so anxious and we just signed the initial paperwork today! I cant wait to be DVC members and just praying they don't take it on us!

Does anyone know how they accept payment? I was able to put my 1k deposit down via credit card. Can I also pay my total sale with credit card?

I am so anxious and we just signed the initial paperwork today! I cant wait to be DVC members and just praying they don't take it on us!
Typically, they require a cashiers check at closing. That was true for me even when the deposit was half the contract value.

Currently working bonnie too on a resale.. Did anyone have an attorney review the contract?

Currently working bonnie too on a resale.. Did anyone have an attorney review the contract?

Nope. The contracts are pretty straight forward. You do need to verify correct info - names, addresses, that what they list that you are buying is what you agreed to etc but it really isn't complicated. Also, most are going to be very resistant to make any changes to the actual contract language. If you feel more comfortable doing that though you could.

Nope. The contracts are pretty straight forward. You do need to verify correct info - names, addresses, that what they list that you are buying is what you agreed to etc but it really isn't complicated. Also, most are going to be very resistant to make any changes to the actual contract language. If you feel more comfortable doing that though you could.
Great thank you! Did you do a title search with yours? Also any recommendation of title companies?

Magical Vacation Title was very good and responsive to all my questions. Brenda Smith handled our last resale contract.

If getting a cashier's check is difficult for you (our bank is five states away) ask and they can offer alternate means. Credit card wasn't one, but I was offered money order or wire transfer when I pushed for an alternative.

We just signed a contract. Waiting to hear back on ROFR - 300pts BWV Use Year Feb. Signed the contract over a week ago. Should hear back soon.

I also worked with Fidelity and had a good experience with Bonnie. The ask prices are much more reasonable compared to ridiculous prices the other places list. The one thing I would mention is to get on the e-mail list as they send out a e-mail with listings weekly and very few actually end up on the website because the prices are fair market so people jump on them before they are posted to the website.

Just curious is 1K all they allowed to be put down via deposit on a credit card or is that what you chose to put down on the credit card? I would like to put more of a deposit via my credit card but wasn't sure if that's not allowed. Thanks for your help!!

Just curious is 1K all they allowed to be put down via deposit on a credit card or is that what you chose to put down on the credit card? I would like to put more of a deposit via my credit card but wasn't sure if that's not allowed. Thanks for your help!!
They allow up to $2500 :-)

I also worked with Fidelity and had a good experience with Bonnie. The ask prices are much more reasonable compared to ridiculous prices the other places list. The one thing I would mention is to get on the e-mail list as they send out a e-mail with listings weekly and very few actually end up on the website because the prices are fair market so people jump on them before they are posted to the website.
If you just email them it sits in a que to be assigned according to Bonnie. She says reach out to her directly on any deals. She worked very hard on mine, trying to reach the seller for a week whom we found out was on vacation. She did get my OKW from 63 to 54.35. Yay!

We just signed a contract. Waiting to hear back on ROFR - 300pts BWV Use Year Feb. Signed the contract over a week ago. Should hear back soon.
We just made it through ROFR, so we will be closing soon. Bonnie was great.

I had thought there would be a chance the administrative fee would be included in the price per point DVC looks at for ROFR. Anybody know?

IMG_1689.jpg IMG_1690.jpg
I was told my fees where 525 and 195 Nothing else. There better not be any other fees, I was given a total price of points,maintenance fee, closing, and admin fee. Now I am not a fan of the admin fee, but I got a good deal on the price per points, plus it came with extra points. I am waiting ROFR right now, when it all comes back and we move forward I will post what my final payment was. If they start adding more fees then I am out!!!.

I'm waiting now, from my paperwork fees were quoted lower...full closing $427 vs $525

Not that big of a difference, but as a realtor, not a fan of TS sales agreements in general. IMO they tend to be deliberately designed to be vague in nature.

Were you estimated the same $ initially as what you eventually paid?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter