Buying resale through Fidelity Timeshares

One advantage to fidelity is that they price their listings more realistically compared to other resellers which tend to price their listing imho way too high.

Regards
I noticed that their prices are significantly lower than other brokers.

I am currently in the process of buying a contract through Fidelity. I did notice the response time was a little slower than another company I have used in the past, but other than that, everything has been fine so far.

I'm in the middle of a Fidelity purchase and they've given my purchase to a horrible title company. There are so many errors on closing docs (which were received only after I called them three weeks post ROFR to ask where my docs were) and the title person is telling me to "just sign" and "please advise what you are seeing [as wrong]." Pretty horrible stuff when you consider what I see as wrong is the spelling of my last name (had already explained this via earlier email)! They also forgot to deduct the deposit from final statement. I've asked Fidelity agent to switch to another title company. Not sure yet if she will do it.

I've made 6 purchases since July 2017 from 6 different brokers. This is the only problem purchase. An offer that was accepted ten days after this one has already closed.

Last edited:
I'm in the middle of a Fidelity purchase and they've given my purchase to a horrible title company. There are so many errors on closing docs (which were received only after I called them three weeks post ROFR to ask where my docs were) and the title person is telling me to "just sign" and "please advise what you are seeing [as wrong]." Pretty horrible stuff when you consider what I see as wrong is the spelling of my last name (had already explained this via earlier email)! They also forgot to deduct the deposit from final statement. I've asked Fidelity agent to switch to another title company. Not sure yet if she will do it.

What title company are you using? I’m in the resale process with Fidelity but requested the title company I used for my other resales.

Last edited:

I've made 6 purchases since July 2017 from 6 different brokers. This is the only problem purchase. An offer that was accepted ten days after this one has already closed.
I used fidelity for my purchase last year. Bonnie & Fidelity are amazing but also had the worst title company experience! I was waiting for 3 weeks to hear from DVC with my membership info after calling DVC 3 times anxiously waiting.. I found out the seller hasn’t even sent in their docs to the title company. Keeping in mind that this was after they completely messed up the first contract (similar issues to yours but an added bonus of not deducting my down payment or financing terms). Never once was I notified they were waiting on docs. Thought it had closed. Truly awful title company. No excuse for such horrible services. AND services I paid handsomely for

All this to say that Fidelity wasn’t the issue just the title company. I’m looking to buy another contract now and will absolutely request a different title company if it’s possible

All this to say that Fidelity wasn’t the issue just the title company. I’m looking to buy another contract now and will absolutely request a different title company if it’s possible

I believe the brokers legally have to let you choose the title company as long as the seller agrees with the choice. I've done it twice (Fidelity and TSS) and had no problem changing. In both cases the brokers made it seemed like it was routine and not a big deal.

i used fidelity for the purchase i just finished. i found them to be very responsive and prompt. The whole process was pretty seamless except towards the end when we were handed off to the title company (Sterling Title). They were fine. They did everything pretty quickly but they were not communicative enough. I had to call to get info on what next steps were at every juncture. It would have been helpful for them to have sent a list of steps so that I knew where we were at along the way. For example, I had to follow up to find out when the sellers sent in all of their paperwork. It would have been so much easier for them to just shoot me an email to say that that part was done and that its going on to the next step (which would ideally have been outlined at the start)
So while the process was pretty smooth, i do think the title co (or Fidelity) could be a bit better about communicating.

I saw a great listing today on Fidelity, I am hoping to use them because of their prices. (We are selling one contract, to buy back in at another resort, that one is going to Disney for ROFR in a couple days). Glad to hear the good reports !

I saw a great listing today on Fidelity, I am hoping to use them because of their prices. (We are selling one contract, to buy back in at another resort, that one is going to Disney for ROFR in a couple days). Glad to hear the good reports !
Fidelity is not the prob, it’s the title company and they’re a nightmare.

We’ve bought several contracts through Fidelity - just closed on another one about 10 days ago. This was our first closing since they switched to Sterling and the closing was not as smooth or as fast as it previously was with First American. Several errors were made that needed correction and their process as just slower in general.

On another contract we are waiting to pass ROFR we just paid up to use First American.

What were your closing costs with fidelity? I’ve heard they’re higher than other places.

I thought closing fees were in line with other contracts I purchased (five other brokers) with exception of the $195 fee Fidelity tags on. But point savings more than made up for it. Yesterday they posted an AKL 100 pt for $90/pt! Yup, I missed it because I responded too late (2 hours after posted).

How are you getting Fidelity postings quickly? I get a email sometimes but I am not always checking my emails. I did sign up with my interests. (Boulder Ridge)

Anyone that has dealt with Fidelity lately, can you give me the sequence of events they do? I see in the Closing Time thread that some people are listing that they sent an offer on day 1, offer was accepted on say day 2 then off to Disney for ROFR on day 3 or 4. Do they email docs for signing first? or snail mailed ?

thanks

They send you everything in emails.
Once the offer is accepted they email all the things to sign and you send the down payment.

I thought closing fees were in line with other contracts I purchased (five other brokers) with exception of the $195 fee Fidelity tags on. But point savings more than made up for it. Yesterday they posted an AKL 100 pt for $90/pt! Yup, I missed it because I responded too late (2 hours after posted).
Thanks! So just the extra $195 to consider when comparing contracts listed by different brokers. Perfect!

Thanks! So just the extra $195 to consider when comparing contracts listed by different brokers. Perfect!
It may be a bit more than that. We closed on 282 SSR Points last June with Fidelity and with the fee it was just over $800 with fee(First American ). We had a 270 SSR with Fidelity ROFR’ed and the estimate varied by $300 (6-900) with fee depending on if you wanted a title insurance policy (Sterling Title). We offered on a contract at Resales DVC recently for 250 SSR and the estimate was $610 (Attorney closing agent)- we never discussed title insurance because the seller rejected the offer. We are awaiting ROFR on 250 from TSS and the estimate is $803 with title insurance (First American. All to say it can vary.

Last edited:
Anyone that has dealt with Fidelity lately, can you give me the sequence of events they do? I see in the Closing Time thread that some people are listing that they sent an offer on day 1, offer was accepted on say day 2 then off to Disney for ROFR on day 3 or 4. Do they email docs for signing first? or snail mailed ?

thanks

I just started the process with Fidelity this month. Everything is by email and I’ve been happy so far, although it has been a little slower than other brokers I’ve worked with. For instance it took two days from accepted offer to getting the initial contract to sign whereas the two other brokers I worked with had contracts to me within an hour of accepted offer.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter