Buying a contract on a wait list resort

Avery&Todd

DIS Veteran
If we wanted to buy a small contract through Disney for Grand Floridian (like 100 pts), since they're not actively selling right now, from what I understand they can sell me a contract but I'd have to go on a wait list until one came available...

Would anyone know about how long of wait that wait list could be?

Would a wait on Boulder Ridge contract be any shorter?

I know it's all subjective to when Disney may get a contract come in to sell to me, but any idea on how long that COULD be?

DH is pessimistic and says..."it could be years" until one came available..and I keep telling him he's full of it..but maybe he's not??

thanks!

ps. we're seeing some resale contracts for VGF, and those would work but at some point we'd also like a small contract with Disney....(we think)...

VGF is tough to get direct, but if you pester your Guide enough they might come up with the points after a month or two. Call or email them every week. The funny thing is we tried twice to buy direct, and gave up and bought resale only to have our Guide call us up after ROFR had been passed with the direct points we wanted. We passed the first time, but took them the second time.

Boulder Ridge would probably be easier, but I would hold out for the VGF points if that is what you truly want.

If we wanted to buy a small contract through Disney for Grand Floridian (like 100 pts), since they're not actively selling right now, from what I understand they can sell me a contract but I'd have to go on a wait list until one came available...

Would anyone know about how long of wait that wait list could be?

Would a wait on Boulder Ridge contract be any shorter?

I know it's all subjective to when Disney may get a contract come in to sell to me, but any idea on how long that COULD be?

DH is pessimistic and says..."it could be years" until one came available..and I keep telling him he's full of it..but maybe he's not??

thanks!

ps. we're seeing some resale contracts for VGF, and those would work but at some point we'd also like a small contract with Disney....(we think)...
If one is on the resale Disney exercises their ROFR just to sell to you for more. This happened to my sister she was looking at resale and told her guide the points and UY she wanted and he said they had one, she backed out on direct since she already had made a offer on the resale but we believe it was the same contract.

I'm not sure if it is still the case, but DVC had closed the wait list for VGF (presumably because there were so many people on it). You can, of course, buy VGF resale (and save yourself $50 per point) with little delay. If you go resale, you won't get direct member benefits (access to the Epcot lounge, Annual Pass discounts, moonlight magic events and special tours, and certain discounts which may be offered only to direct purchase members).

You'll find it easier to buy Boulder Ridge. But, if you really want Grand Floridian, you should buy there.

It isn't always a waitlist for points at the sold out resorts, they might have some when you call but that is more likely for BRV than VGF. For VGF, afaik you have to get a guide that is willing to check on the VGF points vs getting on an actual waitlist. I'd just suggest resale for VGF if you really want to own there.

The guides always say there is no "waitlist" at VGF, you just have to bug them about it once a week if you really want them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!