bussiness class flight

aneka

Mouseketeer
ive been doing dummy booking getting a feel for prices for nov 2015 and I cant book yet till December
so im just trying to save money for holiday and work out wot I want to book so when the times ready to book I can do it swiftly

am I right in thinking airlingus don't do upper class or first class only business class ?

Im basing prices on this year just soley for estimates

but I can see I would prob get flights economy for the 600-700 euro mark each direct
and business class for the 2000 euro mark each direct of one leg for 1200

is business class worth it ? or would I be best keeping the extra money and booking another holiday

My view of business class is its always worth it as long as someone else is paying !!!

If it means going with less spending money or skrimping in some other way, then no it's not worth it. Otherwise, yesssss it's worth it.

My view of business class is its always worth it as long as someone else is paying !!!

This :rotfl2:

personally I'd rather spend any additional money on the 2 or 3 weeks there than on a total of 18 hrs on a plane :):)

We're able to save up enough Aimiles, now Avios, to travel in business or first class cabins once a year for our summer holiday. Makes a lovely way to start and finish the holiday, and is something to be enjoyed rather than just a means of getting from A to B.

However, if I was paying for the full cost of these flights I definitely put the cost of the flight upgrade to enhancing other parts of my holiday (unless money genuinely was not an issue). A couple of thousand pounds/euros makes a big difference to what you can do for a fortnight in Orlando.

Most I have ever spent on Business class is £1,275pp. Worth every penny if you have the money spare, if you haven't and its going to mean cuts elsewhere on your trip then no, its not worth it.
Wait for a sale and you should pick up a deal, United have an offer on for this Nov Man~MCO return in BusinessFirst for £1,349, that's about most I would pay.

I think PE is worth it over economy and ice been told the AL business class is better because the chairs lay flatter :)

I'd give it a go if you could do it for £1,200pp (my PE budget!).

FWIW, I always pay to fly business class but only if the price is right. But I'm a solo traveller so I can afford to splash out a bit more - I understand that if you've got a family then there are other considerations. :)

I belong to Business Traveller and there's a user there who travels a lot on Aer Lingus and who has flown its business class from MCO to DUB. I can't link to the specific review unfortunately, but if you scroll down his reviews, you can find it:

http://www.seatplans.com/users/profile/1258

FWIW, I thought it sounded like a good product and given that you get pre-clearing in Dublin airport, for that price I would definitely do it (but that is just my opinion).

1F

One time as we were coming home we were offered upper class in virgin for an extra £100 each I ummed and aared and then decided to do it .Well if only to travel that way all the time it was brilliant .i watched a film that I wanted to see for a long time .Had my bed made up by the cabin crew and SLEPT for 7 hours .Didnt want to leave the bed even when we landed .If money stretches then I would always do it:grouphug:

One time as we were coming home we were offered upper class in virgin for an extra £100 each I ummed and aared and then decided to do it .Well if only to travel that way all the time it was brilliant .i watched a film that I wanted to see for a long time .Had my bed made up by the cabin crew and SLEPT for 7 hours .Didnt want to leave the bed even when we landed .If money stretches then I would always do it:grouphug:

I would LOVE to fly UC. Unfortunately VA wanted £1,200 pp each way, which was never going to happen. I've never found reward seats either! And no chance of an airport upgrade as both our upcoming flights are full :(

Still... I can dream ;)

Was chatting to a business contact yesterday and he is off to florida. Apparently they got dirt cheap uc virgin flights in the jan sale. Anyone else done this?

We've flown Aer Lingus business class a few times & think it's fantastic value for money.
We are lucky enough to not have to fly economy any more & would really struggle with a long haul flight down the back. :-)
We are heading to the World in November & are flying Aer Lingus this time which we are looking forward to, the seat is not as good as BA or Virgin but it's still lie flat & you don't have anyone reclining into your space, the food & service are however way ahead of BA in our opinion.
If you can fly business / first without the cost impacting on the rest of your holiday then go for it.
We use Avios to upgrade from WT+ to Club when we can, or take advantage of the sales when they are on, £1,300 will usually get you a business class return to the states on Aer Lingus which I think is very reasonable.

To Aneka of post 1

Save your money .... & use it in Florida.

Why....

No matter what time you arrive at Immigration ( as you do in Dublin )

you will Still have to wait at the Departure gate. ... with the rest of us.

Boarding ... Children & parents first , then assisted Passengers, Then

first class .. then the rest. as by row. ( You HAVE chosen your free seat )

Seating is 2 + 4 +2 . . You all have seat back Screens and can choose ones own film to view.

You still have Free Soft Drinks ..

Arriving in Orlando ... yes you are only a few Min. later leaving the plane

But you All still have to wait for ones Luggage.

Save the money and enjoy the savings.

To Aneka of post 1

Save your money .... & use it in Florida.

Why....

No matter what time you arrive at Immigration ( as you do in Dublin )

you will Still have to wait at the Departure gate. ... with the rest of us.

Boarding ... Children & parents first , then assisted Passengers, Then

first class .. then the rest. as by row. ( You HAVE chosen your free seat )

Seating is 2 + 4 +2 . . You all have seat back Screens and can choose ones own film to view.

You still have Free Soft Drinks ..

Arriving in Orlando ... yes you are only a few Min. later leaving the plane

But you All still have to wait for ones Luggage.

Save the money and enjoy the savings.

Isn't booking business class about comfort on the plane rather than who is first on and off? It is to me.

As a point - don't AL tag business class passengers bags for priority handling? I am used to VS which tag all PE & UC bags with priority tags so they are off first. BA also tag CW but not WT+.

I have twice flown business class - actually once business and once premium economy.

Business class was with United - we got upgraded on our honeymoon, it was awesome. No doubt about it very very nice. Food served with real cutlery on real china. Course by course and not all just dumped in front of you. Much more seat room etc. I couldn't have afforded to pay for that.

More recently we paid for the premium economy on virgin. We didn't get the seats we wanted - got moved to bulk head seats which meant no attached foot rests. Generally the flights were uncomfy, the seats dirty - someone had barfed on the seat and it hadn't be properly clean. We were prevented from using the toilet 3 foot in front of us by the flight crew, food was crap... really crap... och all in all it was just a dissapointment and we wouldn't do it again!

Aer Lingus business class is excellent. We normally travel with Virgin in PE but AL is way ahead of this. This summer we did try Virgin UC which was fabulous (using miles) but I wouldn't hesitate to book Aer Lingus again.

Next summer we're thinking of travelling indirect via Dublin simply for the business class service rather than a direct PE from Manchester. Although our dates aren't available to book as yet, it's looking as if AL will be cheaper.

Aer Lingus business class is excellent. We normally travel with Virgin in PE but AL is way ahead of this. This summer we did try Virgin UC which was fabulous (using miles) but I wouldn't hesitate to book Aer Lingus again.

Next summer we're thinking of travelling indirect via Dublin simply for the business class service rather than a direct PE from Manchester. Although our dates aren't available to book as yet, it's looking as if AL will be cheaper.

Hope you don't mind me asking, but what was it in particular about AL that you liked? AL and VA PE prices seem similar but so far DH is refusing to travel anything but PE direct from Man...

Hope you don't mind me asking, but what was it in particular about AL that you liked? AL and VA PE prices seem similar but so far DH is refusing to travel anything but PE direct from Man...

I was thinking AL as they fly direct from Dublin and the bus from home drops us off right at the terminal so I thought handy

last year we flew the night before to Gatwick and stayed in a hotel there for our virgin flight the next morning and id much prefer on our way home this time if we didn't have to get a fight from Gatwick home

thanks all that was great help in making my decision

ive decided instead of upgrading to business class on AL, I will upgrade the car hire to a convertible mustang and book 4 nights in RPR and increase our holiday from 14 nights to 16 nights and also get a weekend away some were in Ireland between now and then
with the extra money I was going to spend on business class

thanks all that was great help in making my decision ive decided instead of upgrading to business class on AL, I will upgrade the car hire to a convertible mustang and book 4 nights in RPR and increase our holiday from 14 nights to 16 nights and also get a weekend away some were in Ireland between now and then with the extra money I was going to spend on business class

Excellent call. I like the more expensive aeroplane seats but very rarely fly on them unless I get a great deal. You'll get so much more from that long list of extras. Puts business class seat cost in perspective when you list everything you can do instead!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter