Build-a-bear in Downtown Disney

pixleyyy

DIS Veteran
I see that there is a build-a-bear in Downtown Disney. Do you know if it sells any Disney characters? My kids would love to make their own plush Mickey, Minnie, etc.

Hi!

Have fun in DL!! I am going in the summer. Now to answer your question. The Build a Bear there is the same as the ones at your local mall. I think that it would be better just to buy one at home because when I was there they did not have a large selection of Disney related items. But it might have changed so..tell me when you get back! Hope this helps

They dont sell characters to stuff, but they do sell outfits that are Disney. My son made Buzz Lightyear Bear on our last trip. The previous trip my daughter made an Ariel cat. The BAB in the mall will usually have a couple Disney outfits, but not as many as the ones at the DTD store. They also have some exclusive Disney things like Disneyland t-shirts for the bear.

hlbtimes2 said:
They dont sell characters to stuff, but they do sell outfits that are Disney. My son made Buzz Lightyear Bear on our last trip. The previous trip my daughter made an Ariel cat. The BAB in the mall will usually have a couple Disney outfits, but not as many as the ones at the DTD store. They also have some exclusive Disney things like Disneyland t-shirts for the bear.

That is correct that they have Disney stuff that you won't find anywhere else. They have mouse ears, shirts, Mickey hands and character outfits too. Very cute items. The other bears etc are the same as any Build A Bear store but the uniqueness is the Disney clothes.

but not characters.

My daughter made a Jasmine bear. They had outfits for princesses, Mickey & Minnie, and some other characters. They had special 50th outfits for Mickey & Minnie.

Can we buy only the outfits ? How much can i expect to pay .
If i decide to make a bear complete with outfits how much ?
We don't have build a bear in canada and i am interested in buying one .

The cheapest bear is about $10, the most expensive is about $25. Disney outfits are $15. They also have a lot to choose from that is nonDisney, and animals other then bears. We had a $5 off coupon in the book we got from Disney travel. My son got the $10 bear and an outfit. That was $25, then the $5 discount, plus tax it was a hair under $25. My daughter did a non Disney bear with an out fit- her bear was more, clothes less, so they spent the same amount.

Check out the website www.buildabear.com you can see what they have to offer.

It really is an experience. Its not simply buying a bear that you could get anywear. They make it fun for the kids. They have them kiss a little heart to make it a loving bear, and something else that makes it smart, etc, etc. They stuff them, brush them, give them a name, birth certificate etc.

It is quite an experience. DS5 made a Buzz Polarbear when he was 4yo. DSnearly2 recently made an Elmo (they were limited edition, so you probably can't find Elmo anymore), which he now adores, but he really wasn't too keen on the actual building part. Didn't want to stuff, didn't want to kiss the heart, freaked out at the blower station! Maybe it's better for 3yo and up?

Alex2kMommy said:
It is quite an experience. DS5 made a Buzz Polarbear when he was 4yo. DSnearly2 recently made an Elmo (they were limited edition, so you probably can't find Elmo anymore), which he now adores, but he really wasn't too keen on the actual building part. Didn't want to stuff, didn't want to kiss the heart, freaked out at the blower station! Maybe it's better for 3yo and up?

there's a cookie monster now! :flower:

Hmmmm, love this thread. Can´t wait to go to Build-a-Bear. We don´t have one here in Iceland.........

4 mickey said:
Can we buy only the outfits ? How much can i expect to pay .
If i decide to make a bear complete with outfits how much ?
We don't have build a bear in canada and i am interested in buying one .

They do have them in Canada, just not in Quebec. Your closest store would be one opening in Ottawa this summer. A bit of a trek for you :goodvibes

I was in the Vaughan Mills shop this weekend, and the prices are obviously more expensive in Canada. I think they charge way more in CDN funds than the exchange rate. The bears seemed to start at $25 CDN and up. They had all the Disney outfits -- princesses, woody, buzz, etc. and they were around $30 CDN each! I think it would be cheaper to buy them in the US since our dollar is sitting around 87 cents.

For other posters:
Do they have other "little" Disney accessories for the bears? (such as Mickey hats, backpacks, etc.) And how much were they? I thought the outfits were too pricey for my taste, but wouldn't mind something little as a souvenir for my stuffed-animal-loving DD.

They have a mickey (or minnie) t-shirt w/ the hat and hands/gloves and I think they were only 9 or 10 dollars. I think they just have Downtown Disney t-shirts for 3-4 dollars.

In August they had a 50th anniversary tshirt with Mickey ears for 10.00.

My DD1 got it for her Elmo and loves it.. Right now I think Elmo is dressed as Tinkerbell. What can I say.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter