Brit's Guide Blog 2009!

Slghtly off topic but I was just wondering when you were going to post the busy day guides for the next couple of months on the site.

Love the books :)

Just bought my first orlando brits guide yesterday (I loved my dlrp one).

It's awesome, love it already!!

Thanks, torsie24, that's nice to hear :)

May hours will be added soon(-ish) when we can be sure Disney have stopped mucking about with their hours!! We are also working on a new website right now, which is taking up some of our time, but hopefully all be fully up and running soon!!

Yes, great guide and thanks for sharing it with us.

We are going to Disney for the first time in April and will certainly be checking out some of the places on your blog.

OK, May and June hours now updated: http://www.venesstravelmedia.com/id74.html

But please be aware Disney are still changing their hours for THIS month (thanks, Disney; way to help your guests - NOT :mad: ), so the chances are May and June hours will also change at some stage. Always best to double-check before you leave.

Just popped in to say how much I <3 the Brits guide. I've been going to Florida with my family since 1992 but we still managed to use the guide to it's full potential, and there we were thinking we knew everything about our favourite state! Anyway, keep up the good work guys, and if you ever need an assistant...:P

LOL, Nix, but that's a VERY long queue!! :) Funnily enough, no-one ever wants to volunteer to do all the proof-reading and re-writing that often takes us through the night close to deadlines :rotfl:

But thanks for your comments - they are always appreciated.

We have used 2003 and 2006 orlando guides for previous trips, and I am now studying 2009 for our trip this coming December (and will probably buy 2010 before we go!!!)
The guide is our Orlando Bible and we recommend it to everyone that we know. We have been twice in February (which we loved) but this time we are going 14 Dec to 28 Dec (due to kids school commitments). So I would love it if there was more information about 'Christmas' in the guide or maybe even a small Christmas Supplement!:santa::santa:
Thanks for all the fab tips and info, keep up the good work!!:worship::worship:

Hi, we went over Christmas a couple of years ago and if we wanted to do anything in particular, we would get to the parks early (made sure we did all our must do's at the beginning of the holiday) then towards the end of our holiday,and busier times,we soaked up the atmosphere and stayed late when towards the end of the night the queues eased up as people left to go home! Oh and Simon anytime you need a proof reader I would be more than happy :thumbsup2

Funnily enough, no-one ever wants to volunteer to do all the proof-reading and re-writing that often takes us through the night close to deadlines :rotfl:
Actually, as weird as it might make me (and you know I am :rotfl:), proof-reading is a job I'd enjoy. What are your rates of pay? :teeth:

So I would love it if there was more information about 'Christmas' in the guide or maybe even a small Christmas Supplement

This is a very good thought and somethin we'd like to try to feature online, along with things like Haloween and other seasonal variations which we just don't have enough room for :thumbsup2

Proof reading? What are your rates of pay?

At the moment, about tuppence-ha'penny, plus all the Disney press releases you can eat!! But, if Susan's new book goes on to hit the NY best-seller list, we may need some serious help in future!! :goodvibes

We're loving Susan's book:goodvibes It currently has 3 bookmarks in as DS, DD and me are all reading it-not sure when DH will get a look in:rotfl:

That's really nice to hear, Shazzie. That gives Susan a real lift at the end of a long day!!

I have to agree, the book is a fantastic read and I will definately be taking the book with me when my Family and I visit the world this month.
It has opened up a whole new level of wdw that we would never have known about.

P.S.
The Brits guide got an excellent plug on the podcast last week. Definately the best guide book on the market.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter