Brit's Guide Blog 2009!

That's very odd, Deb. Part 13 is definitely uploaded and Susan and I can both see it when we go to the site (and not from the admin side). Are you sure you're not seeing a cached version of that page? Can anyone else see Part 13??!

I can!! :thumbsup2

That's very odd, Deb. Part 13 is definitely uploaded and Susan and I can both see it when we go to the site (and not from the admin side). Are you sure you're not seeing a cached version of that page? Can anyone else see Part 13??

PS: No worries, zoedot. Thanks for your feedback!

Yep i can see Part 13, love your pic with the alligator sign :rotfl2:

:goodvibes

Hi Simon, have just bought the DLRP book online, (can't wait for delivery) and the Orlando One will be on its way shortly!!!

You should hear the praise you get over on the DLRP board!!

That's very kind of you, torsie (and very nice to hear!). I wish we had more time to spare to drop in at the DLRP Board but we have been so busy this year (and are just about to set out on a new round of travels!) that it just isn't possible to visit all the forums we'd like to. But please feel free to bring our attention to anything which you think requires our specific response and we'll try to pop over!

OK, we have finally got the Blog moving again after weeks of being here, there and everywhere, and not having time for much more than the basics of our regular work (unfortunately, the blog doesn't really constitute 'work' as far as our bank manager is concerned!).

Fingers crossed, we will now be able to update this more regularly!

http://www.venesstravelmedia.com/id75.html

And another instalment just added. More soon......! :rolleyes1

Obviously the new one is out soon(ish) but just got the 2008 edition from Amazon this morning.

Gonna be great reading to plan our October 28th Wedding :)

:goodvibes

We absolutely can't travel to Florida without having the most up to date version of your book.

We have 2003, 2005, 2007 and 2008 and when we go next year we will ad 2009 to the collection.

For our last 2 trips and our trip this year, we order your itinerary planner. It is invaluable. I thoroughly recommend ordering a planner - even if you are seasoned Disney travellers there are still great tips and up to date information in this planner.

Keep up the good work!!:cheer2:

Have pre-ordered 2009 book! Even though we'r not going til 2010 or 2011 I like to keep up-to-date with everything, and love planning what to do!

Thanks again, folks! That's always nice to hear :)

The 2009 edition is due out at the end of the month, and should be in all good bookshops by early November.

Here's a quick look at the press release for it!

Britain's leading travel guide is even bigger and better value than ever for 2009, with a whole new look at the wonderful Walt Disney World, Orlando and beyond!

The Brit Guide to Orlando & Walt Disney World, by Anglo-American travel experts Simon and Susan Veness, is now in its 15th edition and boasts a range of new features, additions and essential updates on the UK’s favourite long-haul destination.

Just to start with, the Guide has expanded to a magical 368 pages (yet is still only £14.99 in these days of economic stringency!) and incorporates an eye-catching series of all-new maps and location markers by British cartographer and Orlando expert Steve Munns.

That bright innovation is backed up by additional sections on all the Airlines that fly to this Central Florida playground; Shopping Tips; a County by County guide in the Off The Beaten Track chapter; and a whole new segment on the up-and-coming Tampa area, just down the road from Orlando.

It also offers all the latest developments and forthcoming attractions, from Disney’s American Idol Live show to the fantastic roller-coasters being added at Universal Studios and SeaWorld – which are among the Great Eight theme parks in the region.

The Dining Out chapter has also been completely revamped to include sections on dining by area as well as food type, and providing extra insight into some of the best options, especially with families in mind.

But, best of all, it is positively bursting with all the essential advice, ratings and insider info that only Simon and Susan can provide, living as they do ‘in the heart of the magic.’ No-one is better placed or versed in all of Orlando’s wide-ranging entertainment and excitement, and no-one delivers a more user-friendly and highly-regarded guide.

This portion of Central Florida remains the most enticing tourist attraction on the planet, but it can be an overwhelming and exhausting prospect for the unwary. A good guide is an essential adjunct to a happy holiday. Just make sure it’s the Brit Guide!

Oh, and we WILL get the Blog back up and running in the next few days. The pressure of work and our various other travels have dragged several of our regular online activities to a grinding halt, but we hope to be fully 'mobile' again soon!!

Just spent the best part of a couple of hours reading through the whole blog :laughing: Great stuff Simon, thanks :thumbsup2

I see you are including a section on Tampa in the new book - does it cover the whole Bay area, or just the city of Tampa? We are doing 8 days in St Petes when we come over in April/May, to watch the Rays playing. I was wondering if there would be any info about the area, as we have only been down there on a day visit.

Regardless, i'll be looking to buy it just for the theme park info alone :)

Hi Paul. The Tampa section is mainly a look at the attractions of the city area (excluding Busch Gardens, which is obviously already in the main Theme Parks section). We have added things like the Florida Aquarium and Museum of Science and Industry, as well as the fun of Ybor City and the Channelside Bay Plaza area, with some new restaurant recommendations. We like this part of Florida a lot and there is a lot more here than meets the eye :thumbsup2

saw this is Whsmith the other day, husband had a voucher to get money off books so i didnt get it.........but were getting it tomorrow. cant wait to read it, had a sneaky peek- looks good :cool1:

Always comes out a month after we go. Have you still got the line that refers to the Gamecube not being usable in the UK, makes me chuckle each time (Being almost antique now)

just got mine this morning and its great, a bit confused why a 2009 edition has a brit tip about hurricanes from 2004 but looks good form what i have read

Hi folks - thanks for the feedback, it is much appreciated.

orangetiggs - the hurricane reference is included because some of the UK media still refer to Orlando/Florida as a 'hurricane trap' after what happened in 2004, so we use that to point out how extreme it was, and how quiet it has been since!

we think 2009 book the best ever simon...we have all 15 editions coz we are sad:rotfl:

could you include a little selection on getting around without a car next edition as we dont drive..ie bus routes or taxi prices to seaworld or i drive as we stay wdw and always struggle for the bus network info...

will the dallas cowboys win superbowl 2010?

"could you include a little selection on getting around without a car next edition as we dont drive..ie bus routes or taxi prices to seaworld or i drive as we stay wdw and always struggle for the bus network info..."

I think that would be a great idea! We never hire a car and found the buses easy to use but never seem to find much info on them. We've done the usual WDW TTC - Seaworld and Universal route, and the Florida Mall, but thats as much of Orlando that we have travelled and we would like to see more, e.g. Celebration or Old Town etc

Um, we do currently include a section on Orlando for non-drivers (pages 54-57), including as much Lynx bus info as we can squeeze in and links to all the other sources. Unfortunately, there is a limit to how much we can put in about bus routes as we would need to add about 20-plus permutations from each main tourist area (WDW, Lake Buena Vista, I-Drive, Highway 192 and the Universal area) as the Lynx routes are so convoluted (you would need to change several times to get from WDW to Old Town, for example). There are also almost 70 Lynx routes in all (plus the I-Ride Trolly and downtown Lymmo services), and even from WDW there are several dozen variations (you would need three buses to get from Downtown Disney to Winter Park for example). The best thing we can do in this instance is to post a link to the Lynx online route-planner system, which is very handy. You can find it here:

http://trip1.golynx.com/

Oh, and obviously keep using the DIS for other tips and advice :thumbsup2

This isn't strictly relevant to Orlando, but we have just updated our other Blog pages to include a string of recent alternative trips to Alaska, Barcelona and round Michigan (where we also get to spend a fair bit of time).

If anyone's interested in seeing how much family fun there is to be had in Michigan, in summer AND winter, click on the following link (and scroll down for the full year's story): Veness Travel Media

We are up to our eyes in another Orlando project just now, so hopefully we'll have some more news of that before too much longer!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter