Britney Spears asks court to end her father's conservatorship

Her father stepped in to stop her decline into all that you mentioned that happened other celebrities. Do you really feel like she should have been allowed to self destruct? She's LUCKY that she had someone to care for her. Her father and the other conservator(s) may be grifters, but they are grifters who saved her when she needed to be saved. Frankly, I don't really have an opinion if her conservatorship should end because I do not know her current mental state of affairs. That is for the court and the doctors to figure out. I am glad that she is challenging it, but that doesn't mean that it's not really the best thing for her and her kids.
Maybe, but you can’t excuse the abuse she is now suffering at the hands of her father. In the very least, he needs to be taken off as conservator. And making sure she doesn’t make financial mistakes is a far cry from forced birth control and other controlled situations. She SHOULD be allowed to be a person still and not some shell.

There is no denying her father is abusing his position right now.

Maybe, but you can’t excuse the abuse she is now suffering at the hands of her father. In the very least, he needs to be taken off as conservator. And making sure she doesn’t make financial mistakes is a far cry from forced birth control and other controlled situations. She SHOULD be allowed to be a person still and not some shell.

Exactly. How does it go from protecting her money/financial stability to forcing her to accept a contract in Las Vegas and work for years without having true access to that money or even full bodily autonomy?

If her father really cared so much, he’d have hired a non-biased professional to take care of things and remained as just her father, not a guy living off her wealth. Let’s be real here: he is a big reason she was pushed into show business in the first place and he was protecting HIS INVESTMENT, not HER.

This, she has already stated she believes her doctor listens to everyone else before her. That is not good. If she is not trusting her doctor, than she can refuse help she needs.
Likely part of the reason she is unable to make good decisions and has a conservatorship.
Yes, I read an article where someone said that the fact she said she was depressed and cried and couldn’t sleep all pointed to mental illness. Really?! THAT’S what some people are focused on? How chipper would YOU be if your whole life was controlled by others? If she’d just read off her statement with no elaboration those same people would probably be saying that she had a flat affect and was clearly not mentally stable. Sheeeeesh.
She has had a conservator for THIRTEEN years....that speaks VOLUMES.

Likely part of the reason she is unable to make good decisions and has a conservatorship.

Yes, it speaks volumes about the fact that once one has been appointed - especially in cases involving the wealthy - it is nearly impossible for it to be dissolved, thanks to all those raking in the money from the person who is supposedly incapable of caring for themselves.

I’m not saying that she’s the brightest - or sanest - bulb in the basket, but there are certainly those in worse straits who are free to do as they please. She should be allowed the same choice. Will it be all roses and rainbows for her? Highly doubtful. But will she be LESS happy than she is currently, where she is basically under house arrest? Again, highly doubtful. She seems to realize that she needs some financial and mental health oversight, so surely that can be arranged without her father being a party to it and with significantly less restrictions imposed.

We are all armchair quarterbacks here especially those out protesting “Free Britney” also are. Nobody knows with the court documents or medical records state. Sure my opinion is it seems like her dad and family we’re paid a hella lot of money And that raises some red flakes for me. I was listening to Dr. Drew on some podcast last week and they asked him what his opinion was about all this And what his thoughts are on the rumor that she has dementia. His only comments were that in the state of California in order to be put in a conservatorship many steps have to be taken And it’s actually not easy to get someone in one. So there must’ve been some medical evidence back then to convince a judge to go that direction. The dementia thing he said that usually happens with young people when they have strokes. We all know that excessive drug abuse can be a cause for that. And that’s just pure speculation. His arm chair, it was also that had she not been in a conservatorship there’s probably a good possibility should be dead by now. Because that’s the point of it is to basically save someone’s life. And who knows maybe she is developmentally challenged. I don’t mean this as a Snark but honestly every time she post something on Insta or an interview she has that baby voice and though she’s middle-aged comes across as a child. Now maybe that’s her “brand” or a part of her mental illness, who knows. I actually know someone who is under a conservatorship with his sister has both parents had died. He seems like a normal guy but when it comes down to adulting and making financial decisions he simply cannot.

So I am curious to know the 18,000 her dad got did that include him actually managing her? Because if it does then that’s actually not a crazy amount. Since she was making multi millions in Vegas that’s pretty much standard fee for management

Last edited:
I don't think it speaks volumes because that's an assumption that it's her that is the reason. I think it's equally a good conversation if the way conservatorships are done realistically (as in incredibly difficult to remove with little to no consideration for changes over time) and who is in charge here (someone who has an incredible biased interest in keeping the way it is because it best benefits them).

It seems like most people agree she could use someone looking out for her but to what degree (as in program) and who seems more the discussion. And I think the very real exploitation she's probably received adds to this discussion. You do have to question (at least IMO) if the people who are in control and the way this is being worked out is in the best interest of her or just done because of some other reason.

I don't think it speaks volumes because that's an assumption that it's her that is the reason. I think it's equally a good conversation if the way conservatorships are done realistically (as in incredibly difficult to remove with little to no consideration for changes over time) and who is in charge here (someone who has an incredible biased interest in keeping the way it is because it best benefits them).

It seems like most people agree she could use someone looking out for her but to what degree (as in program) and who seems more the discussion. And I think the very real exploitation she's probably received adds to this discussion. You do have to question (at least IMO) if the people who are in control and the way this is being worked out is in the best interest of her or just done because of some other reason.
The diagnoses are also important. Thankfully many details have been kept private. Too often people do not improve and are never competent to manage their financial, medical and/or daily lives. Thirteen years suggests that is likely the case.. Also Brittanys own words supports this opinion.

What abuse is that? He hasn't been the conservator of her person since 2019.

Can any advocate of this please name a famous male who was also removed from his own finances and restrained by his mom via the same mechanism in his own house with a vasectomy (they are reversible after all) because I can't? I don't think anyone did this to Charlie Sheen. Robert Downey Jr was incarcerated for a bit, but I think they let him be after that. Richard Simmons? Don't even get me started on politicians, heads of state, athletes and musicians who have literally blown up their lives in front of all of us. Literally any dude who has had a weird outburst and been through rehab for (fill in the blank) could check the boxes and even countless were arrested for domestic violence and yet, no famous males who were on the skids come to mind being put under mommy's thumb, they were allowed to self correct.

IMO the gender privilege and it's enabling is astounding.

We are all armchair quarterbacks here especially those out protesting “Free Britney” also are. Nobody knows with the court documents or medical records state. Sure my opinion is it seems like her dad and family we’re paid a hella lot of money And that raises some red flakes for me. I was listening to Dr. Drew on some podcast last week and they asked him what his opinion was about all this And what his thoughts are on the rumor that she has dementia. His only comments were that in the state of California in order to be put in a conservatorship many steps have to be taken And it’s actually not easy to get someone in one. So there must’ve been some medical evidence back then to convince a judge to go that direction. The dementia thing he said that usually happens with young people when they have strokes. We all know that excessive drug abuse can be a cause for that. And that’s just pure speculation. His arm chair, it was also that had she not been in a conservatorship there’s probably a good possibility should be dead by now. Because that’s the point of it is to basically save someone’s life. And who knows maybe she is developmentally challenged. I don’t mean this as a Snark but honestly every time she post something on Insta or an interview she has that baby voice and though she’s middle-aged comes across as a child. Now maybe that’s her “brand” or a part of her mental illness, who knows. I actually know someone who is under a conservatorship with his sister has both parents had died. He seems like a normal guy but when it comes down to adulting and making financial decisions he simply cannot.

So I am curious to know the 18,000 her dad got did that include him actually managing her? Because if it does then that’s actually not a crazy amount. Since she was making multi millions in Vegas that’s pretty much standard fee for management
Dr. Drew is not an opinion I would put any respect in. And a doctor weighing in on a mental health issue on somebody he has never met, let alone treated, doesn’t sit right with me.

And I don’t think anybody is denying a conservatorship may have been what she needed at the time. The problem people have with it is how long it’s been going on, how overreaching it goes and the fact that her dad is still in charge of it and clearly abusing the situation. If it’s determined she still needs one, so be it, but she deserves to have some autonomy over her life back- and it should be under somebody other than her dad.

As for the money, if he’s earning that money by forcing her to perform so he can “earn” it as her manager -well, that’s an issue.

The diagnoses are also important. Thankfully many details have been kept private. Too often people do not improve and are never competent to manage their financial, medical and/or daily lives. Thirteen years suggests that is likely the case.. Also Brittanys own words supports this opinion.
If many of the details are kept private how do you keep making the assumptions you make because I guess to me I wouldn't be able to make that assumption. I'm familiar with things not getting better but that in itself does not mean what level of oversight in Britney's situation.

But really my point was just like I said "It seems like most people agree she could use someone looking out for her but to what degree (as in program) and who seems more the discussion. And I think the very real exploitation she's probably received adds to this discussion. You do have to question (at least IMO) if the people who are in control and the way this is being worked out is in the best interest of her or just done because of some other reason."

If many of the details are kept private how do you keep making the assumptions you make because I guess to me I wouldn't be able to make that assumption. I'm familiar with things not getting better but that in itself does not mean what level of oversight in Britney's situation.

But really my point was just like I said "It seems like most people agree she could use someone looking out for her but to what degree (as in program) and who seems more the discussion. And I think the very real exploitation she's probably received adds to this discussion. You do have to question (at least IMO) if the people who are in control and the way this is being worked out is in the best interest of her or just done because of some other reason."

I don't think there's so much shock that maybe that her money is being controlled, but that she seems to be functional enough on a daily basis. And being forced into using birth control is the really shocking thing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter