Breakfast Buffet/Character Meal with Pancakes (Plain, Not Blueberry or Chocolate Chip)

persimmondeb

DIS Veteran
They are nearly the only thing DH likes for breakfast. He will not eat waffles or French Toast (or eggs of any kind, or sausage, or most cereals, or...), and while he will eat bacon, ham, and some breakfast breads, he feels that when paying Disney prices for breakfast, he wants pancakes. Tusker House has just been rejected (we did it when it was family style, and it sort of worked although I think he mostly ate bacon). We're probably not doing MK this time, so not Crystal Palace. I've checked a couple of other menus, and pancakes seem to be a little thin on the ground. Suggestions?

Boma? Not a buffet but we enjoyed the pancakes at Grand Floridian Cafe.

How about Chef Mickeys? So many of the character meals are family style now and most of those tend to have waffles.

We just had breakfast at cape may at the beach club and I believe they had plain pancakes. They also had plain crepes if those are of any interest.

Boma? Not a buffet but we enjoyed the pancakes at Grand Floridian Cafe.

How about Chef Mickeys? So many of the character meals are family style now and most of those tend to have waffles.

We just had breakfast at cape may at the beach club and I believe they had plain pancakes. They also had plain crepes if those are of any interest.

Unfortunately, I don't see Boma working, since it doesn't even have Safari Mickey. I'm contemplating Chef Mickey's. We've always avoided it, but my ex-boss (and still friend) always liked it, and it seems to have both pancakes and Mickey.

I had seen Cape May, but it only looked like blueberry and chocolate chip (although I swear I have occasionally seen him consume a chocolate chip one, but I think he has to be in exactly the right mood, since he's not really much for chocolate). If they had plain, that would work nicely. I wonder if I could ask them for plain? It is sort of a dietary restriction, particularly with the blueberries.

Thanks!

Unfortunately, I don't see Boma working, since it doesn't even have Safari Mickey. I'm contemplating Chef Mickey's. We've always avoided it, but my ex-boss (and still friend) always liked it, and it seems to have both pancakes and Mickey.

I had seen Cape May, but it only looked like blueberry and chocolate chip (although I swear I have occasionally seen him consume a chocolate chip one, but I think he has to be in exactly the right mood, since he's not really much for chocolate). If they had plain, that would work nicely. I wonder if I could ask them for plain? It is sort of a dietary restriction, particularly with the blueberries.

Thanks!

We’ve eaten at Cape May twice in the last 9 months. They had plain pancakes. We go to Cape May because my husband doesn’t eat fruit in pancakes either. I think they have chocolate chip pancakes in the kids area, but plain ones on the big buffet.

Thanks!
I find it hard to believe that if you went to Cape May for a character breakfast, and they didn't have plain pancakes on the buffet, that they wouldn't make something like that if you just asked. So if you decide to try for a reservation at Chef Mickey's (and it's not always easy to get), perhaps Cape May would be a potential backup. I know Disney has many spots for pancakes and a number of spots for characters at breakfast - didn't realize the combination was a challenge!

while he will eat bacon, ham, and some breakfast breads, he feels that when paying Disney prices for breakfast, he wants pancakes.
Does he think pancakes are cheaper than bacon, etc., or just that he enjoys pancakes more? I was just curious because out of all hot breakfast foods, that is one of cheaper items. I'd actually be somewhat surprised if you couldn't just special order plain pancakes at most breakfast places.

I find it hard to believe that if you went to Cape May for a character breakfast, and they didn't have plain pancakes on the buffet, that they wouldn't make something like that if you just asked. So if you decide to try for a reservation at Chef Mickey's (and it's not always easy to get), perhaps Cape May would be a potential backup. I know Disney has many spots for pancakes and a number of spots for characters at breakfast - didn't realize the combination was a challenge!
I don't feel like it used to be, I know we've had pancakes at them, but I'm just not seeing a lot on the published menus.

Does he think pancakes are cheaper than bacon, etc., or just that he enjoys pancakes more? I was just curious because out of all hot breakfast foods, that is one of cheaper items. I'd actually be somewhat surprised if you couldn't just special order plain pancakes at most breakfast places.
He wants pancakes with his bacon. He often does have trouble finding much he'll eat other than bacon, and there are limits as to how much bacon even DH will eat. If they don't have the batter made up, they probably can't, but I am wondering if someplace that has them with "stuff" can't provide some plain ones.

We’ve eaten at Cape May twice in the last 9 months. They had plain pancakes. We go to Cape May because my husband doesn’t eat fruit in pancakes either. I think they have chocolate chip pancakes in the kids area, but plain ones on the big buffet.
Excellent! That will probably work for us! They don't seem to list them plain, but...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter