Bouncy, Trouncy, Flouncy, Pouncy-MAY PTR-*5/9 - FRUSTRATIONS & 6 days left*

I hope to get back to day 3 of our trip today ... I've struggled through some serious internet connection issues ... still having them but I think in between "drops" I can squeeze a post!!

That stinks!! HOpe they get worked out really soon!!

I just put a new game up on my thread; come play!!!

This post may literally take me hours to complete ... each time I try to post; my internet connection blows up ... not fun ... but I miss sharing with my Dis'friends :confused:

So the plan has us getting to bed a lil' bit late after an EMH at HS on day 2.

The kiddos have announced (yes, it's sort of like an edict when they speak) that we'll get up REAL early on Monday to get to EMH at Animal Kingdom. Now understand (if you check out my ADR post), we have a 9:45am rez at Kona ... so we'll hit AK at 8am ... get on the safari ... and what else??? Anybody have suggestions for what other ride(s) we should target? (for the record I can't convince the kids to ride EE with me and it may be JUST me and the kiddos so no one to keep an eye on them this morning while I ride)

We'll then hit Kona and probably take up the morning just browsing and enjoying the Poly.

After breakfast and tropical roaming we'll take the boat over to MK. Now this is the spot where our plans become like those "Pick your ending" books. My kids said (yes, this was a quote), "We can just see if we feel like going into the park or going back to swim". Likely ... they'll choose swimming :confused3.

SOOO the afternoon will EITHER be laced with MK ... or it will be spent relaxing by the pool (psssst, for the record here ... I'd take either choice).

We'll do counter service late lunch and at night we're gonna hit the EMH at MK. Our goal is to get on BTMR ... SM ... and Buzz ... since we all tend to turn into pumpkins earlier than other fam's - we'll likely scoot out by 11ish. (oh, we're also gonna catch Spectro at 9 too)

So one more question for my Dis'friends. If we're roaming MK in the evening and get hungry ... what is THE counter service y'all would recommend??:surfweb:

I"d hit CHH! They have nuggets for the least adventurous eaters, and tuna yummo sannies for those who want a little variety in their diet. It's a no burger zone! :thumbsup2 It's right across from the HM, but you probably already know that.

Corn dog nuggets are Caseys are pretty hard to beat as well. ;) I"m presently boycotting their dogs.

I agree with the PP that CHH is the best CS in MK. Sorry to hear about your internet connection. It drives me crazy when mine gets flaky.

As far as AK, the safari is a 19 minute ride. You need at least 27 minutes from the park exit to get to the Poly. So, that leaves you about 40 minutes in AK. You could spend 20-30 minutes on Pangani trail looking at gorillas, spend about 12 minutes for the line/ride at Dinosaur and spend 10 minutes in the line/ride for Triceratop Spin, or go to Camp Minnie Mickey and meet characters.

I"d hit CHH! They have nuggets for the least adventurous eaters, and tuna yummo sannies for those who want a little variety in their diet. It's a no burger zone! :thumbsup2 It's right across from the HM, but you probably already know that.

Corn dog nuggets are Caseys are pretty hard to beat as well. ;) I"m presently boycotting their dogs.

I'm going to confess ... it's not easy to do ... but I have never eaten at CHH :eek:!! ... I just checked out the menu and I am BAFFLED as to why I haven't been there?!?!?!

I've heard there's some negativity surrounding the dogs n' rolls at Casey's ... so the nuggets it shall be!

I agree with the PP that CHH is the best CS in MK. Sorry to hear about your internet connection. It drives me crazy when mine gets flaky.

As far as AK, the safari is a 19 minute ride. You need at least 27 minutes from the park exit to get to the Poly. So, that leaves you about 40 minutes in AK. You could spend 20-30 minutes on Pangani trail looking at gorillas, spend about 12 minutes for the line/ride at Dinosaur and spend 10 minutes in the line/ride for Triceratop Spin, or go to Camp Minnie Mickey and meet characters.

The connection seems better tonight :cool1:

Thanks for the run-down on timing at AK ... my kiddos are 8 - do you think Dinosaur will be too intense?:confused3

I would also like to second (third?) the recommendation for CHH. I had never eaten there either, until our last trip. My mom & sister went there while DH & I went on POTC for the 10th time with DS and they brought back their leftover chicken nuggets, and they were seriously some of the best I have ever had anywhere!

As for the morning of the 2nd day....it seems like a lot of effort to me to go to AK just for an hour or so (one ride?), then to Kona for breakfast. Could you maybe move back your Kona ressie to 10 or 10:30 to give a little more time to enjoy AK?

The kiddos have announced (yes, it's sort of like an edict when they speak) that we'll get up REAL early on Monday to get to EMH at Animal Kingdom. Now understand (if you check out my ADR post), we have a 9:45am rez at Kona ... so we'll hit AK at 8am ... get on the safari ... and what else???
I'm not sure there'll be time for much else - are you counting on buses to get from AK to the Poly? That could take an hour easily. Also, something to consider... we wanted to leave AK at 10:30ish last summer to go back to our hotel. We waited and waited for the bus - a guy from the little bus house came out and told us they don't normally start running back to hotels until 11am! I don't know if that's true or not, but you may want to bring cab money, just in case!

So one more question for my Dis'friends. If we're roaming MK in the evening and get hungry ... what is THE counter service y'all would recommend??:surfweb:
Add me to the list of CHH lovers! If it were my choice, I;'d eat nowhere else while at MK. Home of the Magical Tuna Sandwich, as well as yummy mac & cheese and nuggets for the kids. Always a winner for us! :thumbsup2

I would also like to second (third?) the recommendation for CHH. I had never eaten there either, until our last trip. My mom & sister went there while DH & I went on POTC for the 10th time with DS and they brought back their leftover chicken nuggets, and they were seriously some of the best I have ever had anywhere!

As for the morning of the 2nd day....it seems like a lot of effort to me to go to AK just for an hour or so (one ride?), then to Kona for breakfast. Could you maybe move back your Kona ressie to 10 or 10:30 to give a little more time to enjoy AK?

Wow - CHH sounds like THE place - thanks to all of you for weighing in - we're going to plan on grabbing our last meal of the day at Columbia Harbor House.

As for changing those rezzies - I like the thought but since we're a group gathering I'd be messing with everyone else's plans if we did that (and me and my kiddos are the only ones who'll likely attack the EMH at AK). Of course that's NOT going to prevent me from mentioning this to them :confused3

I'm not sure there'll be time for much else - are you counting on buses to get from AK to the Poly? That could take an hour easily. Also, something to consider... we wanted to leave AK at 10:30ish last summer to go back to our hotel. We waited and waited for the bus - a guy from the little bus house came out and told us they don't normally start running back to hotels until 11am! I don't know if that's true or not, but you may want to bring cab money, just in case!

Add me to the list of CHH lovers! If it were my choice, I;'d eat nowhere else while at MK. Home of the Magical Tuna Sandwich, as well as yummy mac & cheese and nuggets for the kids. Always a winner for us! :thumbsup2

So how in the WORLD is it that a Disney lover like me has missed out on this treasure that IS the CHH ... now y'all have me excited for this new QS encounter!!

OK - now I'm really rethinking that EMH at AK ... if we do stick to it - an adventure is certain to follow ... when I do some live reporting from the park - keep tuned in on May 17th!!

I've posted a couple of articles on the Examiner in the last few days - I'd love any feedback my Dis'Friends care to offer :thumbsup2

I saw your post on Liesa's thread about the DC meet and followed your PTR link.

Howdy neighbor! I live in Camp Hill. We are also flying down to Florida on May 15th but from HIA - how weird would that have been if we were on the same flight!

I have been terrible about keeping up with my subscribed threads lately but I am hoping to keep up with the fun on yours these last few weeks before your trip.

I saw your post on Liesa's thread about the DC meet and followed your PTR link.

Howdy neighbor! I live in Camp Hill. We are also flying down to Florida on May 15th but from HIA - how weird would that have been if we were on the same flight!

I have been terrible about keeping up with my subscribed threads lately but I am hoping to keep up with the fun on yours these last few weeks before your trip.

Hi Jen!! Great to know one of my Dis'friends lives so close. Are you looking to head to the meet in DC? We'll have to stay connected with the possibility of heading down together?

We always make an extra day of adventure out of the flight down by going outside the area (in this case to Dulles) plus it usually saves me a few dollars even after the hotel stay is figured in. I have to admit though that the convenience of a flight out of MDT is VERY tempting.

Stop back soon as I'll continue to review each day's plans and will be (soon :banana:) starting "the countdown"!!

All7OfUs: Bringing DISFriends together since 2007! :lmao::lmao::lmao:

I'm really getting excited for us all to get together and share some DISFun!!!

that would have been VERY weird if you had ended up on the same flight!

You guys should arrange a Meet when you're there!

Pix, Please!! ;)

Hi Jen!! Great to know one of my Dis'friends lives so close. Are you looking to head to the meet in DC? We'll have to stay connected with the possibility of heading down together?

We always make an extra day of adventure out of the flight down by going outside the area (in this case to Dulles) plus it usually saves me a few dollars even after the hotel stay is figured in. I have to admit though that the convenience of a flight out of MDT is VERY tempting.

Stop back soon as I'll continue to review each day's plans and will be (soon :banana:) starting "the countdown"!!

Yes, I am planning to hit the DC meet! Just debating whether to go down for the day myself or to make a weekend out of it and bring DD and DH.

Now that AirTran (for Liesa's benefit - AirSuckyTran :rotfl:) has a direct flight from MDT to MCO every morning I can't resist leaving from Harrisburg! I love rolling into the airport an hour before my flight with tons of time to spare for breakfast, bathroom, etc.

Pix, Please!! ;)

I would guess that we live about 40 minutes apart - something like that - but that is the closest DISer I know. I think my neighbor is on the DIS but she is not a regular from what I can tell.

Unfortunately, due to DH's lack of Disney love, we will be at Universal first and then on a cruise and then two days at Disney that I managed to sneak in at the end thanks to GAD free park passes and a stay at the Poly (these are the two things that made DH agree to it). I think we are doing MK on Fri 5/21 and spending the day at the Poly, other resorts and DTD on Sat 5/22 and then we fly out Sunday AM.

Pix, Please!! ;)

Weird indeed ... amazing enough to connect with someone so close on the Dis ... if we'd been on the same flight - well .... :worship:

Thanks for "getting us all together" Liesa!!:thumbsup2

Yes, I am planning to hit the DC meet! Just debating whether to go down for the day myself or to make a weekend out of it and bring DD and DH.

Now that AirTran (for Liesa's benefit - AirSuckyTran :rotfl:) has a direct flight from MDT to MCO every morning I can't resist leaving from Harrisburg! I love rolling into the airport an hour before my flight with tons of time to spare for breakfast, bathroom, etc.

I would guess that we live about 40 minutes apart - something like that - but that is the closest DISer I know. I think my neighbor is on the DIS but she is not a regular from what I can tell.

Unfortunately, due to DH's lack of Disney love, we will be at Universal first and then on a cruise and then two days at Disney that I managed to sneak in at the end thanks to GAD free park passes and a stay at the Poly (these are the two things that made DH agree to it). I think we are doing MK on Fri 5/21 and spending the day at the Poly, other resorts and DTD on Sat 5/22 and then we fly out Sunday AM.

Keep me posted on your intentions with the DC trip ... either way it'll be fun to meet up in Washington!!

It doesn't sound like our paths are going to cross at the parks :sad2: ... we'll be around on 5/21 but it's our final day and no park plans - just some time at Downtown Disney & maybe a dip in the pool before catching the Magical Express back to the airport!!

Sorry to hear that DH doesn't share the Disney love - but none-the-less your trip sounds amazing! :woohoo:

I couldn't resist it ... in a weird way I "sort of" started our Disney trip today ...

The Disney store beckoned my name (no seriously - I was walking past and heard Mickey's lilting high-pitched laugh followed by "If you buy it ... the trip will come"). So into the store I went ... and out of the store I exited with a celebratory "three weeks till we leave" t-shirt for each of the kids (what? That's a legit reason right?). In addition - my kiddos have been taking on extra chores around the house with the knowledge that they JUST MIGHT get a Disney gift card for spending while at Disney (shhh, don't tell them they're already bought or they might slack off for the next three weeks).:laughing:

So it is ... if I were typing this to all of you three weeks from now ... well ... I'd be in a hotel room outside of DC unable to sleep because of the unbridled excitement embracing me ... ummmmmmm yeah ... sort of like it is right now only worse :rolleyes1

Let me tell you a little about day 4 ... then go to bed because I have an ungodly early commitment for a festival tomorrow morning ...

Day 3 (if you recall) was the possibly impossible trek to AK before the Kona rez ... the evening EMH at MK ... and my first forray (Thanks to all of you) into CHH.

So we got to bed a bit late last night (at least for a Hower) and thus we will possibly forego the amped up morning time ... that said, the kids are WELL aware that its a morning EMH at their fave park (Epcot) so we'll get - at least - a decent start to the day to grab a first-round fast pass on Test Track (ride #2).

We'll likely do breakfast at Sunshine Seasons (UNLESS one of my Dis Friends has another recommendation?) ... and who knows - Soarin may be in the cards today?? I also feel a creeping desire to ride "Mission:Space" for my first time (yes, you read that correctly).

Sometime mid-morning (depending on what's happened thus far .... cause this is one of those days where we honestly might still be back at the resort :confused3) ... we'll make our way to DHS for our 1:45 rez at 50's Prime Time. This will be our first time ever eating here - and I have to say my kids are uber-excited and I plan to play it up as much as I can.

We haven't done the Epic Stunt show yet at DHS so our plan is to get to see this after we eat ... then leave the evening open for a "Favorite's Rewind" (this is what we call one of those evenings where we can choose to do anything we want ... maybe go back to something we've really loved this trip ... or maybe choose something brand new ... the possibilities are endless!).

So will end Day 4 for this Bouncing clan ... Arise ... for tomorrow is B-O-M-A (Boma)!!

possibly impossible.

To get from AK back to the Poly and time the ressie right I guess I'd be asking is an hour (tops) of park time is worth it. I guess if you make rope drop and see the morning show...maybe.

CHH is high on my list of must try's.

No Mission Space yet? It's a must do.

As to Dinosaur my clan fell into 3 camps.

Loud and scary (and jerky)
Loud and silly but very fun (and jerky)
Stupid (and jerky)

So...depends on the kid.

I bribe my kids into working sometimes too. Seems to work most of the time.

I think it's great your kids' favorite park is EPCOT!! There's so much to do in there!

Nope, no other reccomendations for eats in FW for breakfast. I'd stick with Sunshine...

Why is it weird to want to ride M:S The Puking Place?? Really, it's not that bad- even the orange side. Give it a spin (pun intended)

You all are going to LOVE Prime Time!!! Your kids seem game for that sort of shenanigans. Fun!

possibly impossible.

To get from AK back to the Poly and time the ressie right I guess I'd be asking is an hour (tops) of park time is worth it. I guess if you make rope drop and see the morning show...maybe.

CHH is high on my list of must try's.

No Mission Space yet? It's a must do.

As to Dinosaur my clan fell into 3 camps.

Loud and scary (and jerky)
Loud and silly but very fun (and jerky)
Stupid (and jerky)

So...depends on the kid.

Whew ... we're still trying to plan out the whole AK thing ... if it happens - great ... if not it will be for good reason (I plan to "Live Update" the whole scenario)

OK - a question - what is THE one thing that is a must do at CHH and why??

LOVE the feedback on Dinosaur ... I would bet money I'll cover those three camps in one trip on the ride if each of my kids joins me!

I bribe my kids into working sometimes too. Seems to work most of the time.

I think it's great your kids' favorite park is EPCOT!! There's so much to do in there!

Nope, no other reccomendations for eats in FW for breakfast. I'd stick with Sunshine...

Why is it weird to want to ride M:S The Puking Place?? Really, it's not that bad- even the orange side. Give it a spin (pun intended)

You all are going to LOVE Prime Time!!! Your kids seem game for that sort of shenanigans. Fun!

As usual Liesa I greatly value your feedback. I'm gonna give Mission:Space a "spin" :lmao: ... so watch for my name in the papers - it's been nice knowing everyone.

As for Prime Time ... I am sooo excited for this meal. I'd value a rewind of feedback from everyone to let me know what fun things you've done to get "reactions" from the staff.

Weird indeed ... amazing enough to connect with someone so close on the Dis ... if we'd been on the same flight - well .... :worship:

Thanks for "getting us all together" Liesa!!:thumbsup2

Keep me posted on your intentions with the DC trip ... either way it'll be fun to meet up in Washington!!

It doesn't sound like our paths are going to cross at the parks :sad2: ... we'll be around on 5/21 but it's our final day and no park plans - just some time at Downtown Disney & maybe a dip in the pool before catching the Magical Express back to the airport!!

Sorry to hear that DH doesn't share the Disney love - but none-the-less your trip sounds amazing! :woohoo:

It will be fun to meet in DC! I shouldn't be too hard on DH - he did go to WDW three times in 20 months.

As for your park plans. . .

Be careful when planning CHH. We tried to eat their last trip on a party night and it was closed. I am not sure what hours they are open but you might want to check.

Definitely go on Mission Space! My DD loves it - we rode the non-spinning side three times in one day! She couldn't wait to see which "job" she would have.

We loved Prime Time! The food was very good, the atmosphere interesting and the interaction fun!

So, you were walking past the Disney store and it called you and you couldn't resist??? You may pull the wool over the eyes of the others but I know how close you live to the only Disney store in the area mister! ;)

It will be fun to meet in DC! I shouldn't be too hard on DH - he did go to WDW three times in 20 months.

As for your park plans. . .

Be careful when planning CHH. We tried to eat their last trip on a party night and it was closed. I am not sure what hours they are open but you might want to check.

Definitely go on Mission Space! My DD loves it - we rode the non-spinning side three times in one day! She couldn't wait to see which "job" she would have.

We loved Prime Time! The food was very good, the atmosphere interesting and the interaction fun!

So, you were walking past the Disney store and it called you and you couldn't resist??? You may pull the wool over the eyes of the others but I know how close you live to the only Disney store in the area mister! ;)

Thanks for the heads up on CHH - I'll do some checking before assuming they'll be open. As of yesterday my kiddos did decide to join me on Mission:Space as long as it's on "the mild side".

Any tips on Prime Time antics ... what about the best food to order at CHH?

Lastly - you definitely got me ... it's not an accident to arrive in Hershey ... and find myself going into the Disney store :rolleyes1

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter