Booking Hotels near Tokyo Disneyland

katt789

DIS Veteran
Hi all!
So we've gotten down to the part of our trip planning that I wanted to start budgeting and really set more concrete dates so we can start booking flights when they're at their cheapest, and I've been having IMMENSE trouble when it comes to hotels.

All of the official (and thus expensive) hotels in TDR are all available, and even the Hilton is half off but it's still out of our budget. I was searching for something that has park transportation included (the latter ones on the TDR site) since we don't want to deal with the rush hour on the train coming from somewhere else. But everything is appearing to be "not available" Now, I know it's entirely possible that the cheaper ones are all sold out, OR is it because the dates for October just wouldn't be available to book YET. ??

Make sense? Like how you can only book so far in advance. I was searching on a specific hotel's site and it went from being all green on the calendar to being all red. Not sure if it's because it was June, or if that's as far in advance as one an book?

Thoughts? Recommendations on cheap hotels/hostels near TDR that have transportation or aren't too bad to deal with the rush hour?

I can't help you with other hotels but we often stay at Hiltons for free because of our Hilton Honors card. We were given two free weekend nights for signing up and then whatever points we accrue from purchases can be put towards other free nights. Typically, the airfare and other trip related expenses alone will earn us enough points to cover at least a few nights, so that's something you may want to look into.

Lots of Japan hotels only release rooms from either the 6 month mark, or 3 month mark. So I wouldn't worry just yet
How many of you are there? I've booked a room at the Hilton for 4 of us (all In the same room, 4 beds) for about $270 per night. I found this really cheap, being that I'm paying at least $500 per night in Tokyo itself.
When your dates do become available, book something you like with a cancellable reservation. Then closer to the date, keep checking for specials. That's what I've done and I got a much cheaper deal than I'd seen previously.

I can't help you with other hotels but we often stay at Hiltons for free because of our Hilton Honors card. We were given two free weekend nights for signing up and then whatever points we accrue from purchases can be put towards other free nights. Typically, the airfare and other trip related expenses alone will earn us enough points to cover at least a few nights, so that's something you may want to look into.

Lots of Japan hotels only release rooms from either the 6 month mark, or 3 month mark. So I wouldn't worry just yet
How many of you are there? I've booked a room at the Hilton for 4 of us (all In the same room, 4 beds) for about $270 per night. I found this really cheap, being that I'm paying at least $500 per night in Tokyo itself.
When your dates do become available, book something you like with a cancellable reservation. Then closer to the date, keep checking for specials. That's what I've done and I got a much cheaper deal than I'd seen previously.

Thanks team!!

As for Hilton we'd probably never use it again, but I will look into the cards!

There's only 2 of us, we're only staying at a resort with transport for 5 nights, the rest of our time in Japan we'll be staying in Hostels, hence the want to pay under $200 a night, lol.

There's only 2 of us, we're only staying at a resort with transport for 5 nights, the rest of our time in Japan we'll be staying in Hostels, hence the want to pay under $200 a night, lol.

The Dream Gate is literally at the JR station, so no transport needed. Generally around 23000 Yen per night for 2, so just about in your budget. See http://www.jrhotelgroup.com/eng/code/codeeng151.htm. Also consider the MyStays, about 1km from the station, which has a shuttle (although for DisneySea, walking may be just as fast). Generally about 12000 Yen per night for 2. See http://www.mystays.com/e/location/maihama/.

Last edited:
There is no crazy rush hour on the JR Line that goes to Disney. There's not a whole lot else going on in that area. We've traveled through central Tokyo during rush hour so I understand what you're trying to avoid (we literally got shoved into a train where we basically floated amidst the sea of people.) The area around Disney is NOTHING like that!!! We stayed a couple stops away on the JR train and it was super easy, super painless.

The most convenient are the Hilton or Sheraton which both offer deals for under $200 USD per night, depending on when you are staying and when you book.

If that is too much for the budget i would consider the APA Hotel Shiomi that often charges under $100 a night. It has small rooms but is very clean and comfortable. It's right at Shiomi JR station from where you can take the Keiyo Line to Disney which only takes a few minutes. Like other's said, rush hour on that line isn't bad. I would much rather stay there or a different hotel at Shiomi JR station than at a hotel like for example the Family Resort Fifty's where you have to rely on fixed times of shuttle buses. Not so convenient...

The Mysstays Maihama, if you can get it for around $100 a night, is also a good budget option as you can walk to DisneySEA (a little far but totally doable).

I personally find the Dream Gate Maihama hotel to usually be overpriced. It's often about the same rate as the Hilton or Sheraton!! If you can get it for $100 it would be a good choice but often it's like twice as much.

Yes, many hotels in Japan only open up reservations 3 months before the stay. Do book a fully refundable rate at one hotel now and then look for other options closer to your trip. Sometimes you can get good last minute deals on the Okura Hotel Tokyo Bay or the Sunroute Plaza Tokyo Bay which would both be good choices, too.

Have a good time in Japan!! :)

---
Felix

The most convenient are the Hilton or Sheraton which both offer deals for under $200 USD per night, depending on when you are staying and when you book.

If that is too much for the budget i would consider the APA Hotel Shiomi that often charges under $100 a night. It has small rooms but is very clean and comfortable. It's right at Shiomi JR station from where you can take the Keiyo Line to Disney which only takes a few minutes. Like other's said, rush hour on that line isn't bad. I would much rather stay there or a different hotel at Shiomi JR station than at a hotel like for example the Family Resort Fifty's where you have to rely on fixed times of shuttle buses. Not so convenient...

The Mysstays Maihama, if you can get it for around $100 a night, is also a good budget option as you can walk to DisneySEA (a little far but totally doable).

I personally find the Dream Gate Maihama hotel to usually be overpriced. It's often about the same rate as the Hilton or Sheraton!! If you can get it for $100 it would be a good choice but often it's like twice as much.

Yes, many hotels in Japan only open up reservations 3 months before the stay. Do book a fully refundable rate at one hotel now and then look for other options closer to your trip. Sometimes you can get good last minute deals on the Okura Hotel Tokyo Bay or the Sunroute Plaza Tokyo Bay which would both be good choices, too.

Have a good time in Japan!! :)

---
Felix
We loved the APA Hotel Tokyo Shiomi Ekimae - it was like $50 US a night and a very quick and easy train ride to Disney. We could see the train station from our room (it was just across the street) so distance-wise, it was like staying at a Monorail resort for 1/2 the price of a Value resort. Obviously there was no theming, but we only used the room for sleeping. We'd rather save money than have cute wallpaper or whatever. It also has an onsen which most tourist level hotels in Tokyo do not have. My husband LOVED it after our long Disney days. (I have tattoos so no onsen for me. :( )

We use www.Booking.com to book lots of options and narrow them down as we get closer to our trip. Most places on there don't charge you anything in advance.

We loved the APA Hotel Tokyo Shiomi Ekimae - it was like $50 US a night and a very quick and easy train ride to Disney. We could see the train station from our room (it was just across the street) so distance-wise, it was like staying at a Monorail resort for 1/2 the price of a Value resort. Obviously there was no theming, but we only used the room for sleeping. We'd rather save money than have cute wallpaper or whatever. It also has an onsen which most tourist level hotels in Tokyo do not have. My husband LOVED it after our long Disney days. (I have tattoos so no onsen for me. :( )

We use www.Booking.com to book lots of options and narrow them down as we get closer to our trip. Most places on there don't charge you anything in advance.

Hey there, I'm also looking at hotels (for next year, but still!) and this one does offer a good price, via booking.com. How easy was it to get to downtown Tokyo? There is a direct train to Tokyo central station, if I see it correctly?

And do you perhaps have a trip report or pictures of the hotel?

**Edit, I found your facebook page with the pictures :) **

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter