• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Bonnie and Claire's DLRP Trip - Day One

Bonnie, your report is just fantastic - I just love when people tell about their feelings during the experience, rather than just a laundry list "we did that then we did this" sort of thing.

I've had little panic attacks of "I'm not enjoying this enough"! while at Disneyland as well. I think it comes from assuming that just because we are in DLP we'll stop being human and having a range of emotions. When you are tired (as you were from traveling) just the slightest disappointment or stress can have you over the top and worried that there won't be any magic left!! It always resolves quickly and the magic comes back full force and then you wonder what you were fussing about. :bounce:

From the picture it looks as if you had a newly rennovated room! It looks lovely. The room we had for one night (I believe in that same lodge) was terribly shabby - not at all like your picture. It's good to know the Sequoia is now pretty much "all new"!! :wizard:
I'm off to read the next installment of your report - can't wait to hear how it went at the pool...
:flower: :) :flower: :) :flower: :) :flower:

Patmagic - Oh, don't worry about the Eurostar check-in! I didn't mean to make it sound like it was a hassle, because it really wasn't. I think I was panicking unnecessarily because it all went rather smoothly really. This is the first time I've really been on holiday abroad as a responsible adult (I'm 23 now, but I haven't been on a holiday abroad in years, and before now, everything has been organised by either school or Mum!) so I think I was just lacking in confidence about things going smoothly. I suppose I didn't think I could be "in charge" and have everything go as smoothly as it's supposed to. You know? Panic not, I'm sure you'll be fine!

I agree with those of you who are saying that I was probably just emotional as I'd been planning it for so long, and I expected everything to go perfectly! Yes, Jody... you're quite right. I suppose I did expect to stop having human emotions and for everything to transform into a cartoon world or something! How silly! I think I was surprised when my feet started to hurt, or when I got all hot and uncomfortable, or when I couldn't find a particular postcard I wanted to buy, or when I encountered annoying people. It's all very silly!

Nicola - Photos of me are very deceptive, I assure you! I am indeed overweight (though not as much as I used to be) and still have a couple of stones to lose to be down to a healthy weight for my height. I tend to look much thinner with clothes on... there are some photos from swimming which I will NOT be posting here, i.e. the lovely one Claire took of me getting into the pool! I will be posting some swimming photos later, though... ones with my thighs and **** safely underwater, I'm pleased to say.

Also, Jody... I'm not sure if our room was newly-renovated or not. We did notice that it was a bit shabby with lots of bits of missing paintwork, some peeling wallpaper, etc. but that certainly wasn't a problem for us. :)

I agree with those of you who are saying that I was probably just emotional as I'd been planning it for so long, and I expected everything to go perfectly! Yes, Jody... you're quite right. I suppose I did expect to stop having human emotions and for everything to transform into a cartoon world or something! How silly!

When we went to WDW in February I imagined walking up Main St with my 4 year old DD saying "Wow, isn't in lovely" and that for two weeks I wouldn't feel cross with her, or shout at her!!

Yeah, right!!! :rolleyes: All she did the first few days was pester to go back to OKW to go swimming or to the play area. She was always tired/hungry/thirsty and dawdled whenever we wanted to get somewhere, so we were constantly shouting at her to hurry up. It was maddening!!! But gradually we chilled out a bit, and she got a few good nights sleep and, though it wasn't anything like I had dreamed of, we ended up having a great holiday, which I wouldn't have missed for anything!!

I'm pleased your trip to WDW ended up going well in the end! It's funny, isn't it? I was panicking for the whole holiday, thinking that Claire thought DLRP was stupid and for kids, and I started questionning it myself, too... but looking back on it now, we had a really lovely time. It's weird. Claire said to me that you can appreciate it more in hindsight, because in hindsight, you're not there and panicking about things going wrong! And you remember the nice bits, because the bad bits don't matter anymore! (Not that we really had any bad bits in the end, but there was always the fear of them!)

And I was very happy yesterday when Claire said to me, "I miss Disneyland". :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Thanks for a great trip report,fab way of doing the photos.
Sounds and looks fantastic :)

:earsgirl:

Lovely report Bonnie and great photos too! I shall now go to reading part 2!!!:sunny:

BTW, not having been to DLP yet, I was wondering where the crocodile/elephants were too!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter