Blacklisting those who didn't buy direct through Disney

I also think the room assigners do the best they can. Keep in mind that a large majority of guests request the same thing at a particular resort. In addition to that limitation, there also has to be guests checking out from those limited desirable rooms for them to be available for the arriving guests.

Room assignments have to be one of the most thankless tasks a CM can do. Even if one does a fantastic job, guests & front desk CMs can mess it all up (and I think they often do) & the assigner is blamed. :teeth:
IMO some do and some don't. I believe the issue though is with the lack of direction & leadership from DVC in general. Even in the best of times it's a difficult job but when you have members who've owned for 20 years posting they've never gotten a request, that doesn't happen if they're putting an effort into it. I believe DVC should put more effort into requests but that includes saying no at the front desk when people complain and they've been assigned appropriately. Like the post last year from one who didn't like the view from their room in HI and had points returned, DVC should never have done so when the room they were assigned was the room type reserved.

I also think the room assigners do the best they can. Keep in mind that a large majority of guests request the same thing at a particular resort. In addition to that limitation, there also has to be guests checking out from those limited desirable rooms for them to be available for the arriving guests.

Room assignments have to be one of the most thankless tasks a CM can do. Even if one does a fantastic job, guests & front desk CMs can mess it all up (and I think they often do) & the assigner is blamed. :teeth:

I have sent kudos via DVC for them so sometimes they get thanks! :goodvibes

I have sent kudos via DVC for them so sometimes they get thanks! :goodvibes

No guarantee that DVC passed it on, we thank them in person while at the resort. You should see their faces, guest wants to talk to room assigner, they don't want to come out of the back room, me meet them at the end of the counter, their face changes from being ready to get yelled at to a big smile. Priceless!

:earsboy: Bill

No guarantee that DVC passed it on, we thank them in person while at the resort. You should see their faces, guest wants to talk to room assigner, they don't want to come out of the back room, me meet them at the end of the counter, their face changes from being ready to get yelled at to a big smile. Priceless!

:earsboy: Bill

I think it's ok to send thanks where DVC management might actually see or hear about it. From what I hear that can also be important.

I did not ask the assignor to come out but also asked the front desk to pass along my thanks.

Members for 10 years with a direct purchase - couldn't tell you the last time we got our requested location...several years anyway.

We call ahead to the resort directly 10 days in advance of arrival and give 8-10 room number requests. The cast member who answers is always quite lovely and we always mention that we understand it is just a request when we call and that we understand it may not happen. We have always been quite lucky in receiving one of them or something very close but are very understanding that it may not happen so that it doesn't disappoint us. Take a look at this site to help you with room numbers https://touringplans.com/hotel_maps

We call ahead to the resort directly 10 days in advance of arrival and give 8-10 room number requests. The cast member who answers is always quite lovely and we always mention that we understand it is just a request when we call and that we understand it may not happen. We have always been quite lucky in receiving one of them or something very close but are very understanding that it may not happen so that it doesn't disappoint us. Take a look at this site to help you with room numbers https://touringplans.com/hotel_maps
Even if you pick up the phone while at the resort and call the "front desk" you are not usually getting the actual FD but a call center. Unless you have back line numbers, it's unlikely you are in this situation.

I agree, I checked some of the phone numbers out on Touring Plans and it is the same public phone number Disney/DVC gives out which is a call center pretending to be the front desk.

I also find the CM who answers that phone # is always lovely to talk to. It's like Disney gives that job to someone with excellent PR skills. Sometimes I get my request, sometimes I don't. I never ask for any room #...just a floor and general location. I also always say I understand it's just a request and thanks for trying.

We have seven home resorts most purchased on secondary market. Never saw in difference in room placement. We were just at AK Kidani. Our room was almost half mile from lobby!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter