Black Licorice Overdose kills man

I believe that only black licorice is dangerous. Don't think the other flavors are actually derived from licorice.

I love black licorice (the good stuff anyway, not the cheap US brands) and I was aware that too much of it can cause problems. It is something to be enjoyed in small amounts.

LOVE Good and Plenty, licorice wheels & Sambuca but I feel really ill quickly so I rarely have it around, didn't need to be told... and yet espresso with some Sambuca is striking me as tempting at the moment.

Thing is a lot of people like licorice as a healing thing, not a good idea.

Nutmeg can also be dangerous, maybe that's why it goes into eggnog during the holidays when we need to be near relatives. Also a bad idea for tea, was in the news recently.

If you've watched Ozarks you have learned cherries can be scary too, who knew?

Last edited:
:confused: Has candy always been poisonous or is this just yet another 2020 thing? :(

Everything in moderation. There's probably a ton of things used as flavorings that are fine in "reasonable" quantities. There's one spice called star anise. It's used commonly in Asian cooking. Only a little is needed, but too much can actually be toxic.

I'm Dutch, we are born to love licorice, but who in the world thinks that a bag of licorice a day was a good idea.
But then again, the man had more health problems...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter