Bib Pick-up Contingency Plan

tomu570

Drink up me 'earties, yo ho
I'm running in the Spring Surprise 10 miler this Sunday. My flight lands late morning on Saturday, the last day of the expo. If my flight is delayed it's possible that I won't make it to the Expo by 3:00 pm to pick up my bib. Does anyone know if there is another way to get my bib and packet after the expo closes? Does runDisney have a contingency plan for those runners who are delayed in their travels and can't make the expo? The folks I spoke to at Disney weren't sure and kept transferring me back to the main menu. TIA

In the past I have seen a rundisney tent in the staging area with bibs. That was a couple years ago at w&d.

In the past I have seen a rundisney tent in the staging area with bibs. That was a couple years ago at w&d.
I believe they still have it but my understanding is that they don’t want to publicize it and strongly discourage doing day-of bib pickup unless absolutely necessary. OP will want to get there very early to take care of this.

Does runDisney have a contingency plan for those runners who are delayed in their travels and can't make the expo?
If you take your ID to the race starting area, as others have said, there will be (should be) a tent for emergency packet pick up. They don't advertise it but they know issues come up. You won't get your shirt but you will at least have your bib (as I understand, you pick up your shirt at a later time, not sure of the location--ESPN complex I think...?). Good luck and have a great race!

Yes, it happened to me last year. Take your ID to the information tent before the race and they will have it. I didn't get my shirt though.

They have, so far, always had emergency bib pickup that morning. Go EARLY.

You will not, however, get your shirt.

Watch your flight like a hawk. If it changes enough you can change it to an earlier flight. Consider going the day before.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter