Best resort for mom?

HayGan

We could all use some pixie dust now and then :)<b
My mom will be joining us at WDW for a few days during our Dec trip. What resort would be best for her since she will be renting an electric scooter? We will be staying at the Poly but she doesn't really want to pay deluxe prices (I wish I could afford to pay for a few nights but I can't :sad2: and besides she wouldn't let me)

She will be going to Epcot and MK with us.

Edit: I should mention that we are going Pop Warner week so Values are probably out :sad2:

It really does not matter too much. I would want to knock out the values because they are only 260 sq ft (including bathroom, dressing area, everything).

The moderates, except for Caribbean (which has 340 sq ft rooms), are all 314 sq ft.

They will all fit an ECV with no problem.

I use an EVC and I prefer the All Star resorts.
I have no problem getting it into my room.
All Star Music usually has fewer children.
More families with young children seem to prefer All Star Movies or Sports
Here is a site with a map of All Star Sports and All Star Music.
http://www.wdwinfo.com/resortmaps/allstarmap.htm
Scroll down.All Star Music is at the bottom of the page.
The Calypso buildings at All Star Music are #1 and #10 are nearest to the food court and bus stop.
They are the preferred buildings and cost about $12 extra per night.
The Calypso pool at ASMU has Donald Duck.

Here is the map of All Movies.
http://www.wdwinfo.com/resortmaps/allstarmovie.JPG
The Fantasia Buildings are the perred buildings.
The All Star Movie Fantasia pool has Mickey.
Bus rides are shorter from ALL Stars than Pop according to PassPorter.com

bus ride times :
All Stars Buses ---------Pop buses---------WL buses------Contemorary buses
20 min MK ----------- 25 min MK -----------8 min (boat)MK-----20 min (monorail)
10 min Epcot --------20 min Epcot--------10 min Epcot-------15 min (monorail)
10 min MGM -------- 15 min MGM--------15 min MGM--------20 min
10 min AK ------------15 min AK-----------15 min AK------------20 min
15 min DTD --------- - 20 min DTD---------25 min DTD---------35 min

The buses are wonderful. :goodvibes It takes about 20 min.to get to MK but, Epcot,MGM,and AK are only 10 min.away which is one the of the reasons I :love: love the All Star Resorts --they can't be beat. I have visited WDW more than a dozen times with the 1st time in Oct. 1971. It was brand new :cloud9: I've stayed at FW, Disney Inn, a few the of Hotels on hotel Blvd., CBR and the towers at the Contemporary. I got to see the MK from my balcony at the Contemporary and I'm happy :flower: I got to experience it once. I just prefer the All Star Resorts.
The theaming is pure Disney.
My last 4 visits have been at The All Stars and this fall when we take dd,dsil, and our grandson age 3 we are staying at the All Stars Music. I thought about AKL and even though we can well afford AKL I just wanted Alex to experience the Disney Magic :wizard: at the All Stars on his first visit. I can hardly wait. :hourglass
Linda ::MinnieMo

Since she has an ecv, walking distance between things at the resort won't really matter all that much. If you stay at any of the moderates, you will need to take the buses everywhere, so there probably isn't one that is overwhelmingly better than any of the others. So, I guess, I'd go with which one you like the atmosphere the best.

PO (Riverside and New Orleans) have access to a boat that goes to DD. New Orleans is a smaller resort, which some people like. CBR is a very large, spread out resort.

Another possibility would be looking for discounts at Swan or Dolphin (I know they have discounts for teachers and nurses). They are both close to Epcot and MGM (boat service or a pleasant 15 min walk).

You might also want to look into renting points from a DVC member. There is an actual DVC rental board on this site.

One note of caution if you decide on a mod is that they have mutiable bus stops.
The buses will only hold 2 WC or EVC's.
Explain to the CM when booking a room that mom will have an EVC and so
she really needs a room that is located near the first or second stop.
POFQ shares buses with POR. The buses usually stop at POFQ first then they go over to the other 4 stops at POR.
CBR has 7 bus stops and CSR has 4 stops.
Enjoy your trip with your mom. I bet she is really excited that she gets to
enjoy Disney with you.
I know I'm really excited that my dd,dsil, and grandson age 3 are coming with us this fall.
Alex loves Mickey so much. We are always watching the Sing-Along videos
with the Characters ( Disneyland Fun, Beach party, and Happy Haunting--where the kids get to go trick or treating with the characters in toontown)
together. My kids say I "Disney brain washed" Alex real good. I can hardly wait to take him to MNSSHP.
Have fun.
Only 59 more days :banana:

Thanks for the info!!!

I think that she is leaning towards POFQ :cool1:

Wonderful!
I'm sure she will like it there.
I have read a lot of good reports about that resort.
I hope alll of you have a wonderful time on your Disney vacation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter