• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Best resort breakfast

You really can't go wrong with any of the "mid tier" TS restaurants at the Monorail Resorts-- The Wave, Kona Cafe, and Grand Floridian Cafe have all served my family plenty of delicious breakfasts over the years!

I just checked on the MDE app and selected September 3rd for reservations during breakfast and it gave me plenty of availability for Kona.
7:30, 7:45, 8:00, 8:15, 9:00, 9:20, etc.

Maybe your app was malfunctioning or something?

I am in the process of making dining reservations for our mid October trip and when I started last week if I did a search of the list it showed almost all the restaurants as not available yet when I went to a specific restaurant there were plenty of times. I just checked again and now the search of the list seems to be working. Something might have been wrong with their site.

The wave at the contemporary

Whispering canyons at the wilderness lodge

There are many to choose from 1900,Ohana are among our favorites but hands down the girls love Boma the most. An extremely varied menu and we had great service. I always vote for Boma for dinner to but any place that serves all you can Zebra Domes start out with a huge advantage.

We forgo the character meals as a rule. But we Loved BOMA anyplace that has grilled asparagus at breakfast is a huge plus in my book. Whispering Canyon Cafe is a close second Food is good, atmosphere fun, staff can be great. Trails End weekend brunch is great.

1. Whispering Canyon Skillet
2. Boma
3. Kona cafe (or just go to their quick service and get the Tonga toast)

We'd like to try breakfast at one of the resorts..what do you recommend?
If you have the dining plan the food court at POR gets you 2 biscuits and gravy as a snack credit, instead of just 1! Handy if you are running low on credits.

Our Favorites: Olivia's, Boma, The Wave, Trails End

We avoid: Ohana, Cape May Cafe, GF Cafe

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter