Beer at QS Breakfast?

Should be, but when this was first announced, there were several on the discussion that said they'd never had to show ID and had ordered multiple drinks at one time at QS locations. So they will either have to start requiring ID for everyone whether OOP or DDP or this will be another way to take advantage of low-priced kid's meals.
Drop the Disney hammer on those trying to finangle alcohol from a kids meal. Ridiculous.

Drop the Disney hammer on those trying to finangle alcohol from a kids meal. Ridiculous.

How is that any more ridiculous than paying for a kid's dining plan, but using the credits to buy adults a meal? If an adult is getting the meal, why shouldn't they also get an alcoholic drink?

How is that any more ridiculous than paying for a kid's dining plan, but using the credits to buy adults a meal? If an adult is getting the meal, why shouldn't they also get an alcoholic drink?

You mean, other than the face value of using kids dining credits to get an alcoholic drink? Sounds ridiculous to me. But if someone wants to purchase 5 dining plans for children in the hopes of using those credits to get alcohol, go for it.

I’m sure they won’t be able to get 3 alcoholic drinks without being IDed, but in this specific case their 15 year old are adult entitlement, so their credits will be pooled

Yes, but supposedly there's is no way for an "adult" who is under 21 to get alcohol as their entitlement which is what OP wants to do. No judging, I would myself if allowed. We are wondering how that will be accomplished without having everyone present at the counter with ID when ordering.

Yes, but supposedly there's is no way for an "adult" who is under 21 to get alcohol as their entitlement which is what OP wants to do. No judging, I would myself if allowed. We are wondering how that will be accomplished without having everyone present at the counter with ID when ordering.
agreed, is very unlikely they can do it on the same transaction, my guess is everyone will get IDed with or without DDP as it should, But I can definitely understand is about not “loosing” the alcohol entitlement on breakfast, afterall, at least at the resort, you already have de mug with unlimited refills. The only way this scenario will work is if they do separate transactions, meaning one adult need to go in line again and order for the underage adult and getting the alcoholic drink, and to me that is a lot of time consuming for a beer. Maybe the should settle with getting their two alcoholic drinks they are entitled even if is breakfast, and get a Simply Orange juice to share among themselves with the underage adult meal.

You mean, other than the face value of using kids dining credits to get an alcoholic drink? Sounds ridiculous to me. But if someone wants to purchase 5 dining plans for children in the hopes of using those credits to get alcohol, go for it.

Okay, there are many on these boards who are traveling with larger parties and therefore get two rooms. They put grandma and three kids in one room and purchase the DxDDP or QSDP plan for all of them and put 3 adults in the other room and do not purchase a plan. This is done so they can now use the 4 DxDDP credits for the adults and pay OOP for all kids' meals. So, do all 4 adults now get alcohol with their meals or not? My original post was referencing this type scenario when saying they can really take advantage of those kid's priced dining credits. And with this scenario, technically all four adults could get 3 alcoholic drinks each day with the DxDDP.

I'm not saying I want to do this, but unless Disney does something to unpool the credits or enforce the kid's must order from the kid's menu "rule," there are going to be many people using the credits this way. And if no ID is required, there will also be many who use the kid's QS meals to get another alcoholic drink by purchasing adult meals with them.

This is exactly what folks are doing. If dxdp has pooled credits they can all be used for adult meals and an alcoholic drink with each one for child prices

Disney has enabled this mess and since it's their pocket book they can choose to end it but haven't

I don't know why so many people are thinking in terms of it happening without this. We've had hit-or-miss luck getting two drinks with one ID at Disney in the past, and plenty of places do have a one-drink-per-ID policy. It seems like the easiest answer here is the one that is right in front of us - if you want to use your beverage entitlement for alcohol, you'll have to be willing to be present at the counter and show ID. It'll be an inconvenience for families who are used to sending just one person through the line, but that inconvenience will only apply at counter service meals where both parents want alcohol, so it is likely to be a very minor blip in the grand scheme of any trip.

I don't know why so many people are thinking in terms of it happening without this. We've had hit-or-miss luck getting two drinks with one ID at Disney in the past, and plenty of places do have a one-drink-per-ID policy. It seems like the easiest answer here is the one that is right in front of us - if you want to use your beverage entitlement for alcohol, you'll have to be willing to be present at the counter and show ID. It'll be an inconvenience for families who are used to sending just one person through the line, but that inconvenience will only apply at counter service meals where both parents want alcohol, so it is likely to be a very minor blip in the grand scheme of any trip.
Oh, I think they ARE going to require an ID for each guest ordering alcohol, I'd be surprised if they didn't. Speculating that they're also going to stop pooling adult and child's credits as well. It may be a few days at least until others report back though so I guess we shall see. Unless some kind cm takes pity on us and spills the beans :)

We have a post on the new sticky thread. Will be interesting for sure

I think that there is a time set for serving alcohol, but it is by COUNTY. Because part of WDW is in a different county, there are different rules. I remember there was huge discontent among racers one year (I think it was inaugural dark side) because the race ended at ESPN and they couldn't serve beer there that early.

Per some current reports, credits are still pooled.

They can handle this the same way they handle a group ordering alcohol and paying for it the regular way - ask to see the person the alcohol is for, or to see IDs for all persons consuming the alcohol. So no ordering three alcohols if you have two adults and a teen. At a QS, it means you might have to go through different lines and use different transactions to do it. Some will do it, but it's a pain.

Take the DDP out of the equation, and it's entirely possible and always has been for one adult to walk up to the counter and order a kids' meal and a beer. (Some adults eat kids' meals.) They'd ask the adult who the beer was for and the adult would say "it's for me." The same thing occurs when the adult walks up and orders a kids meal and three beers. They will ask who the beers are for. Since they don't serve more than two alcoholic beverages per ID, they will ask to see the second person. Maybe this has been sacrificed for efficiency at QS locations (which historically don't sell a lot of booze) but it may come into play again.

Apparently this wasn't a big issue before the DDP, and DDP is nothing but an alternate payment method. The DDP isn't going to make this more complicated but it might lead to more strict enforcement due to more people ordering alcoholic beverages at QS restaurants. Right now if you order more than two alcoholic beverages at a time they have to see who the other beverages are for. So yes you will have to have that person present when you pay, just like you would if you were paying cash.

Actually allowing persons under 21 to consume the alcoholic beverages you purchased is grounds for expulsion from Disney property if they catch you.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter