Beer at QS Breakfast?

OttawaDisGirl

Mouseketeer
Hi!

My husband and I were just crunching the numbers. We're staying at WL and we're thinking we'll get the Disney Dining Plan as we love the convenience of it. We're going January 1-5. Myself, my son (15) and my husband.
We know the parks are going to be super busy! We also know that you can order ahead using the MDE app but we can't use meal plan credits on the app. Since the parks are going to be so busy, we were thinking we'll have breakfasts at the Roaring Fork (hopefully shorter lines) to use our QS credits and pay OOP for lunches using the MDE app and do TS dinners.

However, we realized we might be missing out on our alcoholic beverages at breakfast for our QS credits! :sad:

Do you think they'll let us get breakfast platters and a beer or whatever out of the cooler? We'd like to use up the alcoholic beverage entitlement part of our QS? My son is 15. Do you think we could get 3 beers for 3 breakfasts if he's not standing with us? We'd just bring the beer back to our room for later in the evening.

I realize how lush-y this sounds but I did wonder...:rolleyes2

Open to your kind comments!

Thanks!

Hi!

My husband and I were just crunching the numbers. We're staying at WL and we're thinking we'll get the Disney Dining Plan as we love the convenience of it. We're going January 1-5. Myself, my son (15) and my husband.
We know the parks are going to be super busy! We also know that you can order ahead using the MDE app but we can't use meal plan credits on the app. Since the parks are going to be so busy, we were thinking we'll have breakfasts at the Roaring Fork (hopefully shorter lines) to use our QS credits and pay OOP for lunches using the MDE app and do TS dinners.

However, we realized we might be missing out on our alcoholic beverages at breakfast for our QS credits! :sad:

Do you think they'll let us get breakfast platters and a beer or whatever out of the cooler? We'd like to use up the alcoholic beverage entitlement part of our QS? My son is 15. Do you think we could get 3 beers for 3 breakfasts if he's not standing with us? We'd just bring the beer back to our room for later in the evening.

I realize how lush-y this sounds but I did wonder...:rolleyes2

Open to your kind comments!

Thanks!

Unfortunately you are going Jan 1, and we won't have answers to any of these type questions until mid Jan or so.

SO, that means you get to be one of the guinea pigs. Try it and see what happens. But remember to come back here when you get home and give us all a report.

Don't know about Florida, but some states have laws about selling alcohol before a certain time. (Not judging of course...The only reason I know this is because we tried to order drinks some where on vacation, probably around lunch time, but it was before noon, and the waiter had to wait to bring them :drinking:)

For those going early in January you would be doing a huge public service to report back here asap!! would love to know if sharing is allowed at TS as well. We haven't added the ddp to our Jan 14 reservation yet, anxiously waiting to hear some reports. It was reported in the longer 2018 ddp thread (from someone who knows a food service worker at WDW),that they have been trained that minors can not get alcohol as an entitlement. They must be doing major changes to their pos systems and I believe kids and adult credits will no longer be pooled.

Last edited:
I *think* and this is spotty, that 7am is when they can start selling alcohol in FL. I haven't actually tried that early myself (if I'm up that early I'm OTW to the parks and not stopping for something like substance until around 10!) but I have definitely had drinks around 9am at the Dolphin for breakfast and in France at the bakery.

No idea on the DDP issue.

For those going early in January you would be doing a huge public service to report back here asap!! would love to know if sharing is allowed at TS as well. We haven't added the ddp to our Jan 14 reservation yet, anxiously waiting to hear some reports. It was reported in the longer 2018 ddp thread (from someone who knows a food service worker at WDW),that they have been trained that minors can not get alcohol as an entitlement. They must be doing major changes to their pos systems and I believe kids and adult credits will no longer be pooled.
Glad to hear that minors can't be served alcohol, and that Disney is training their employees for what seems like a no brainer policy. LOL

Wow. Well that’s interesting - about credits no longer being pooled. Weren’t QS credits, just QS credits - no designation as to adult or kid. Kids have been able to order off of the adult menu for that reason. Wonder if that’s about to change.

Glad to hear that minors can't be served alcohol, and that Disney is training their employees for what seems like a no brainer policy. LOL
Lol. I wasn't clear. My understanding is that just because you are using 3 "adult " credits you won't be allowed to get 3 alcoholic beverages. I don't know how they're going to do this....i can't imagine everyone will have to be present and show ID....plus, what if I, as a middle aged person actually wanted to redeem 2 of "MY" credits and get 2 glasses of wine? I guess we shall see.

Wow. Well that’s interesting - about credits no longer being pooled. Weren’t QS credits, just QS credits - no designation as to adult or kid. Kids have been able to order off of the adult menu for that reason. Wonder if that’s about to change.
Also true of TS credits with the deluxe plan. Nothing has been announced about un-pooling, just my guess. I do hope I'm wrong though.

There is a closed sticky thread that will be opened Jan 1 for these questions

What we know so far is one drink per person on the plan. So your 15 yo can't get booze for you
For qs, expect to present id in order to get alcohol. They will not let someone alone order 4 qs meals and get more than 1 alcohol drink.

Please do come back and share your experiences. You will be among the first guinea pigs

Oh and if alcohol is not out at bfast, be sure to ask. You never know.

What we know so far is one drink per person on the plan. So your 15 yo can't get booze for you
For qs, expect to present id in order to get alcohol. They will not let someone alone order 4 qs meals and get more than 1 alcohol drink.

I truly do respect your opinion, Pumbaa, but on the main discussion thread there were several who came and said that when they pay OOP they've gotten more than 1 alcoholic drink at one time with just one adult ordering and no showing of ID. We both know that many times just one parent stands in the line and orders, so I just don't see how they are going to "police" this part of the plan. It will be much easier to do so at TS since they will all be seated at the table, but I think QS will be fairly easy to get multiple drinks.

Just repeating what a cm said they have been trained to allow 1 drink on the plan per adult

We will see what really happens tomorrow

Just repeating what a cm said they have been trained to allow 1 drink on the plan per adult

We will see what really happens tomorrow

OOOOHHHH...one drink per ADULT; that could be a clue that they are going to find a way to "un-pool" credits and enforce the "kids must order from the kid's menu" line on the DDP. How else will they know that there are only two adults on the plan and not four with a family of two adults and two Disney kids? Still...you've also got those Disney adult kids that are under 21. See my pic over there? We are a four Disney adult family, and usually I or DH does all the ordering. How would they know whether we are all over 21 or not?

I know you don't know and are just reporting, but I still think Disney has not thought this through all the way and it's going to be a huge mess.

Don't know about Florida, but some states have laws about selling alcohol before a certain time. (Not judging of course...The only reason I know this is because we tried to order drinks some where on vacation, probably around lunch time, but it was before noon, and the waiter had to wait to bring them :drinking:)

If FL has a time, it is pretty early because we've been offered mimosas and other breakfast drinks at pre-park-opening ADRs. In my state, the law is no sales between 2 and 6 a.m.; if FL is similar there would only be a few resort QS open early enough to bump against that law (only the 24-hour places like Capt. Cooks, because the food courts/QS that close usually reopen at 6).

None of the recent menu updates suggest that it will. To un-pool the credits would require the creation of kids' menus at the few QS locations that still don't have them, so until we see that I'm not worrying about it.

OOOOHHHH...one drink per ADULT; that could be a clue that they are going to find a way to "un-pool" credits and enforce the "kids must order from the kid's menu" line on the DDP. How else will they know that there are only two adults on the plan and not four with a family of two adults and two Disney kids? Still...you've also got those Disney adult kids that are under 21. See my pic over there? We are a four Disney adult family, and usually I or DH does all the ordering. How would they know whether we are all over 21 or not?

"Un-pooling" credits wouldn't make a difference in terms of making it easier to know who does and doesn't get alcohol, because "adult" for food is still 10 years old. I'll have five 'adults' on the dining plan in March, but I'm the only one old enough to order alcohol.

I think what is more likely, and this will be an inconvenience for families at QS locations, is require all over-21 adults be present at the time of ordering if they're getting an alcoholic beverage as their drink. Unless they go so far as to formally define the "junior" category in their POS systems, and do so differently from their resort system (where 18+, not 21, triggers the charge for extra adults), this isn't a solution software alone will be able to solve.

Well, traditionally they do ID for drinks, so that should be an element.

Should be, but when this was first announced, there were several on the discussion that said they'd never had to show ID and had ordered multiple drinks at one time at QS locations. So they will either have to start requiring ID for everyone whether OOP or DDP or this will be another way to take advantage of low-priced kid's meals.

I’m sure they won’t be able to get 3 alcoholic drinks without being IDed, but in this specific case their 15 year old are adult entitlement, so their credits will be pooled

Should be, but when this was first announced, there were several on the discussion that said they'd never had to show ID and had ordered multiple drinks at one time at QS locations. So they will either have to start requiring ID for everyone whether OOP or DDP or this will be another way to take advantage of low-priced kid's meals.
Yeah. There are always people saying this, but legally and by policy they're supposed to check, and I suspect that this DDP change is going to make GMs more strict about that rule, KWIM?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter