Beach Club Resort Manager

Status
Not open for further replies.

eddie123

Earning My Ears
Does anyone know the name and email address for the manager of the Beach Club Resort.

Nothing major except the weather, as it rained every day. I stayed at the Villas as I am a DVC member. I expect things to work when I walk into the room. There was only 1/2 roll of paper towels. The phone in the family room did not work as it was plugged in to the outlet that works off the wall switch. I called and they plugged it in to the correct outlet and left me a note how to make a call. Which sounded like are you really to stupid to make a call. I paid a lot for the points and annual maintenance and expect profection.

Nothing major except the weather, as it rained every day. I stayed at the Villas as I am a DVC member. I expect things to work when I walk into the room. There was only 1/2 roll of paper towels. The phone in the family room did not work as it was plugged in to the outlet that works off the wall switch. I called and they plugged it in to the correct outlet and left me a note how to make a call. Which sounded like are you really to stupid to make a call. I paid a lot for the points and annual maintenance and expect profection.
You want to register your concerns with Member Satisfaction.
email: dvcmembersatisfactionteam@disneyvacationclub.com

or call Member Services and have them transfer you

Always a shame when things don't go "profectly", but not sure they can do anything about the weather.

Surely your comment about the rain was just a comment about the trip, not part of the complaint about the resort.

And I do have to ask, in regards to the paper towels, as I'm honestly curious, do you want them to remove half the roll and leave a full roll? What do they then do with the half roll? Seems ok to leave a half roll till it's gone, no? Am I missing something? Can you not get more? I don't stay DVC much but I did think you could request more of things if you ran out.

I have extremely high standards but your issues warrant a new roll of paper towels and repairing the phone. Sounds like they did the latter, hope you got more paper towels. Problem solved. The weather is luck and little more. We have been during hurricanes when they closed the parks. Little to be done about that.

I hope your next trip is better, everyone who goes frequently will get a few of those trips where it seems like everything goes wrong.

It’s always better to deal with problems while you’re there rather than wait till you get home. Speak to manager while there. Sorry about the weather, that’s always disappointing when you’re looking forward to some Florida sunshine. But sounds like the room problems were quite minor :magnify: They fixed the phone. Sometimes guest before you unplug it and doesn’t plug it back in correctly. If you needed more paper towel did they get it for you? I don’t view these minor things as worth complaining to manager about since it sounds like it was dealt with in a timely manor.

Last edited:
I am not sure your issues rise to the level of calling a manager, however I always suggest that if you were not able to gain satisfaction for your concerns onsite, then follow up. I believe that you should contact DVC however, as that unit would be in charge of your villa and stay.

There should have been another roll of paper towels in the cabinets underneath the sink if you didn’t want to finish the 1/2 roll-but doesn’t that seem a little wasteful? And they came and replugged a phone for you a previous guest unplugged?

Sorry I posted anything on this site, as all I am getting is more comments about how dumb I sound. Don't you think I would have looked under the counter to find another roll? I did use the half roll, so I saved the planet.

Sorry I posted anything on this site, as all I am getting is more comments about how dumb I sound. Don't you think I would have looked under the counter to find another roll? I did use the half roll, so I saved the planet.
A call to housekeeping for another roll of paper towels would have solved the problem. Things get overlooked sometimes. It happens. You roll with it.

And it sounds as if you are reading too much "tone" into a simple note that was meant to be helpful.

Compared to some of the issues that owners encounter at the DVC resorts, yours are extremely small and, IMO, petty. But I gave you the info on how to contact Member Satisfaction. Get in touch with them and complain to your heart's content. Just don't expect any sort of compensation for your troubles. At best, you should expect nothing more than assurances that housekeeping will be made aware that they need to check all paper goods to ensure that an adequate supply has been left for the guest. And maybe they will contact maintenance to instruct them on how to word a note to guests so as not to offend their intelligence.

OP, I understand that you paid a lot for your points and ongoing maintenance, but perhaps your expectation of perfection needs to be reconsidered. I'm not a DVC member but read these threads in case we decide to do so in the future. From everything I've read, maintenance and updating of the facilities is put off as long as possible since ultimately DVC dues are used to pay for the changes. Furniture and fixtures will be well-worn before that happens. A phone plugged into the wrong outlet or a half used roll of paper towels is nothing compared to some of the things I've read. As others pointed out, you need to contact member services. The manager of the hotel has nothing to do with problems in the DVC units. Others can correct me if my understanding is not right.

DVC may not be the best option for those who enjoy perfection. I understand your frustration but housekeeping and maintenance, though generally not horrible, does leave much room for improvement.

Since this pertains to a DVC member's concerns with a DVC resort, I'm going to move it to the DVC Resorts board.

Did they bring you more? Or do they not bring more if you run out during your stay?
I guess I figured they do but maybe you are limited to what's in the room when you arrive, which seems quite silly but sometimes Disney makes quite silly choices for sure.

As for the comments here, I don't think the intention is to make you sound dumb. Not at all.
And you have to at least acknowledge your question was answered. But at the same time, your issues were extremely minor in the grand scheme of things that can (and have) gone wrong. And folks will naturally want to know if the resolution was easily obtained during your trip, or if you attempted to reach someone to voice your concerns while you were there.

@AngiTN, certain consumables are replenished without charge upon request. Those would be such things as paper towels, TP, facial tissues, dishwasher detergent and dish detergent (pretty much anything that would be used for the upkeep and cleanliness of a villa). It only takes a phone call to housekeeping. Others are not supposed to be given to guests for free but are available for an additional charge, such as coffee and coffee setups and toiletries. Even so, sometimes housekeepers will supply those things without the guest being charged.

@AngiTN, certain consumables are replenished without charge upon request. Those would be such things as paper towels, TP, facial tissues, dishwasher detergent and dish detergent (pretty much anything that would be used for the upkeep and cleanliness of a villa). It only takes a phone call to housekeeping. Others are not supposed to be given to guests for free but are available for an additional charge, such as coffee and coffee setups and toiletries. Even so, sometimes housekeepers will supply those things without the guest being charged.
Wow, had no idea. Is that for cash guests or point guests or both?
We've only stayed in DVC rooms a couple of times and always gotten ours via cash through Disney directly. I more or less treated the stay just like a regular room and called for anything we needed (not knowing any better)
I'd feel bad if I've been asking for something I'm not supposed to have been asking for

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter