Beach Club or Boardwalk

Which would you pick?

• Boardwalk

• Beach Club

Results are only viewable after voting.
Now I'm tempted to switch my resort for my upcoming December trip. Currently have a reservation for a one bedroom at BLT but a one bedroom is available at BWV. I've never been around the Boardwalk area during Christmas. Do they decorate around the area?

Now I'm tempted to switch my resort for my upcoming December trip. Currently have a reservation for a one bedroom at BLT but a one bedroom is available at BWV. I've never been around the Boardwalk area during Christmas. Do they decorate around the area?
BC usually has a chocolate merry go round with hidden Mickeys, plus an under the sea chocolate sculpture. BW’s lobby also has a chocolate building as well.

Hands down i've only had one stay at BCV for 1nt only in a studio. The studios are very similar at BWV and BCV. The pool area at BCV is way better had it not been that its very very crowded and that is a problem. I dont like a pool area which is as crowded as BCV for that matter alone I like the BWV pool the better. If BCV would better limit the number of guests then I would choose to stay at BCV or at least DW would. You know happy wife, happy life:D

As others have pointed out, the point values for the standard view room is also a great plus for BWV.

As everyone else I dont have unlimited points so I stay in the standard view rooms whenever I can, that way I get more trips and Disney gets more of my money :P
The biggest difference between the BWV and BCV studios is the location of the connecting door to the one bedroom villa next door to make a lockoff two bedroom. At BWV it's in the living room. At BCV it's near the entry to the villa.

The biggest difference between the BWV and BCV studios is the location of the connecting door to the one bedroom villa next door to make a lockoff two bedroom. At BWV it's in the living room. At BCV it's near the entry to the villa.

I’m unsure what you mean?

As I haven’t stayed in a 2br at neither resorts I don’t know which solution I would prefer. From the top of my head I don’t see any pros or cons of either.

I’m unsure what you mean?

As I haven’t stayed in a 2br at neither resorts I don’t know which solution I would prefer. From the top of my head I don’t see any pros or cons of either.
DVC_BW-2_brm-lockoff_03.jpg
This is the layout of the two bedroom lockoff at BWV. The connecting door between the two is right next to the television. Tends to be noisier if you have noisy neighbors in the connecting unit. Especially if you get the sleeper sofa in the living room or in the studio.
bvc-2-2-bdrm.jpg
This is the layout of the two bedroom lockoff at BCV. The connecting door between the two is right near the entry door of the villa. Tends to be quieter if you have noisy neighbors in the connecting unit.

These also show why you can't fit either the sleeper chair or murphy bed in the one bedroom villa.

Attachments

• bvc-2-2-bdrm.jpg
    bvc-2-2-bdrm.jpg
    4.1 KB · Views: 3
  • bvc-2-2-bdrm.jpg
    bvc-2-2-bdrm.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 0
View attachment 326188
This is the layout of the two bedroom lockoff at BWV. The connecting door between the two is right next to the television. Tends to be noisier if you have noisy neighbors in the connecting unit. Especially if you get the sleeper sofa in the living room or in the studio.
View attachment 326190
This is the layout of the two bedroom lockoff at BCV. The connecting door between the two is right near the entry door of the villa. Tends to be quieter if you have noisy neighbors in the connecting unit.

These also show why you can't fit either the sleeper chair or murphy bed in the one bedroom villa.

Maybe if you have noisy neighbors it’s a problem. However I wouldn’t use that as an argument for buying or not. You could also have quiet neighbors. Hands down I would prefer to have the door as the BCV room but its doesn’t make BWV a deal breaker.

Maybe if you have noisy neighbors it’s a problem. However I wouldn’t use that as an argument for buying or not. You could also have quiet neighbors. Hands down I would prefer to have the door as the BCV room but its doesn’t make BWV a deal breaker.
Actually, just a difference between the two. More of a comment than a reason to buy one over the other.

My advice is to go in the order of popularity:

If you can snag a standard view at the Boardwalk for your trip, do it and save the points. The rooms are fine and the value can't be beat. It is the least likely of these to luck into at seven months.
If you can snag a Boardwalk view at seven months, do that - the view really is pretty great and those rooms are seldom available at seven months.
If neither of those two rooms types is open, snag the BCV room - its harder to get into that the BW, and there is a better chance of picking up BW at a later time.
Pick BW preferred view last, of all these rooms its the most likely to be open at seven months.

BCV sounds good bit BWV has more rooms. You have a better chance at BWV

It's really a personal preference. We have stayed in both, but are owners at BCV. We don't ever stay at BWV anymore - our first experience had us in a room way down the end of a hall which was farther than any walk from BCV to Epcot or the pool. Was not fun with little kids at the time. The walk to Epcot (our favorite) is so short from BCV. If traveling with kids, the BCV pool is great. If you have little kids, they have a sand area that the kids really enjoyed. The pool in itself is entertaining for all ages. The BWV pool has that clown and really not much else. If you want to enjoy the BWV area when staying at BCV you can, but if staying at BWV you can't go to the BCV pool. As mentioned in a previous post, it is great that you can get around to a lot of places in the BCV area where there is a cover. You never know with FL rain, so it has come in really handy. You have options to walk around without ponchos and umbrellas. It really depends if you plan to use the pool, enjoy restaurants and bars, etc. Both are great!

BWV is my personal preference among the 2. We stayed at BCV once and other than Stormalong Bay, nothing really entices me to say I would return. Not to say if availability was at BCV and not at BWV that I wouldn't stay, but BWV would be my 1st choice.

We own at BWV but have stayed at BCV many times. IMO, you can't go wrong. Both have great locations. The studio layout is quite similar.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter