Beach Club or Boardwalk

Which would you pick?

• Boardwalk

• Beach Club

Results are only viewable after voting.

cmwade77

DIS Veteran
We are coming up on our 7 month booking window and both Beach Club and Boardwalk appear to have availability for our dates. I am wondering which everyone would pick an why, the point differences aren't an issue for us so we can leave that out of this. Yes, there are other resorts, but these are the two we are narrowing it down to because of the proximity to EPCOT as we are going during what will most likely be Festival of the Arts dates

Beach Club for better parking. BW parking is always so difficult. The corridors aren't quite as long at the BCV as BWV. Plus you are a few steps closer to Epcot at BCV.

We won't be parking, so the bus service is a good factor. We will be doing two studios and a one bedroom, for various reasons sharing a larger room wouldn't be a good idea, not to mention this involves multiple memberships, which would involve creative transferring of points, so we are sticking with the two studios and a one bedroom.

I like Boardwalk especially if you get a boardwalk view room. Every night we would relax on the patio and enjoy the nighttime view. That’s what sells me on staying there. Beach club hands down has the better pool but we never use the pool when we stay on property. I prefer the longer walk back to boardwalk because I try to convince myself that I’m burning off all those extra calories from enjoying world showcase :D

We won't be parking, so the bus service is a good factor. We will be doing two studios and a one bedroom, for various reasons sharing a larger room wouldn't be a good idea, not to mention this involves multiple memberships, which would involve creative transferring of points, so we are sticking with the two studios and a one bedroom.

Word of warning: You can only book one room at a time and it will not be easy to get 3 rooms at either of those resorts at 7 months. For high demand locations, remaining availability at 7 months can disappear within seconds of 8am. BW garden/pool view probably has best odds. Either way, I’d start with the studios when booking. Good luck.

Word of warning: You can only book one room at a time and it will not be easy to get 3 rooms at either of those resorts at 7 months. For high demand locations, remaining availability at 7 months can disappear within seconds of 8am. BW garden/pool view probably has best odds. Either way, I’d start with the studios when booking. Good luck.
Well, I am only booking one room, my friend is the one booking the others on her membership. We are doing towards the end of January, so it shouldnt be too bad, but if need be we will change our plans, we just cant really change dates.

We aren’t in love with BCV- the rooms are a hike from the pool, although they are close to Epcot you’re really far from Hollywood. My kids enjoyed stormalong bay but not any more than the clown pool (they were 7 and 4 at the time).

Boardwalk, on the other hand, is not far from Epcot but it’s closer to Hollywood. I also enjoy being near the hustle and bustle immediately out your doorway (I’m a city girl). The rooms are pretty much the same....

So I guess it depends on your preference :)....

BWV has some amazing views, Community Hall, nighttime entertainment.
BCV has Storm-a-Long Bay (it tends to be more crowded & chaotic than any WDW pool we've used - an overly packed pool & having to stalk lounge chairs is not part of relaxing vacations, IMHO).
Rooms are comparable, both are beautiful resorts, but we greatly prefer BWV for its more homey feel (CMs & guests alike greet one another, it seems like everyone is smiling and happy to be there).
BTW, we own at both resorts.

We prefer BWV for sure. Mainly for views and easy walking to 2 parks. We have not had trouble with buses with the exception of getting back from Disney Springs lol. Normally at all parks and DS, we just hop on whatever bus shows up first that is heading to the Epcot resorts and walk to BWV. The Swan is short walk as are YC/BC. We really don't mind walking though, so factor that in. If both were available, the only reason I would pick BCV over BWV is if someone was really interested in the pool there; however, you can't really go wrong with either though. We would be happy at either resort and do the same bus hopping; because, we would rather be moving and in a/c than standing at the bus stop waiting lol Good luck on your reservations and enjoy your trip!

Boardwalk, only because I can get a Standard 2 bed for not many more points than a Beach Club 1 bed, and the 1 beds only have 4 sleep surfaces. A 2 bed is great for my family of 4 with a teenage girl and boy who do not care to share a sofa bed.

Boardwalk, only because I can get a Standard 2 bed for not many more points than a Beach Club 1 bed, and the 1 beds only have 4 sleep surfaces. A 2 bed is great for my family of 4 with a teenage girl and boy who do not care to share a sofa bed.
But you need to own there to get standard.

But you need to own there to get standard.

Not in the summer. I checked availability for the summer for a renter and a 2B standard was available even a few days into the 7 months window. And in slow season even studios are possible with a bit of luck, perseverance and smart use of WLs.

I love BWV, it is our home resort. I have stayed at BC several times & I'm not a fan. There are no amazing views at the BC like you have at BWV. BC may be closer to Epcot but if you like to take the boat it's a moot point. The pool is nice but it is very crowded, you have to hunt for seats and hope you find enough together. Also they pack the chairs in very tight and if you have small children it can be a challenge keeping track of them, not relaxing at all. The pool area at BW is less crowded and more relaxing to me. Another benefit to BW is the boat transportation is much closer than at BC. You have a really long walk to the boat launch from BCVs, longer than the longest hall at BWV ;). Everyone has their own personal preference, I'm sure whichever you choose you will have a great time. Enjoy and good luck with your booking!

Last edited:
Hands down i've only had one stay at BCV for 1nt only in a studio. The studios are very similar at BWV and BCV. The pool area at BCV is way better had it not been that its very very crowded and that is a problem. I dont like a pool area which is as crowded as BCV for that matter alone I like the BWV pool the better. If BCV would better limit the number of guests then I would choose to stay at BCV or at least DW would. You know happy wife, happy life:D

As others have pointed out, the point values for the standard view room is also a great plus for BWV.

As everyone else I dont have unlimited points so I stay in the standard view rooms whenever I can, that way I get more trips and Disney gets more of my money :P

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter