Bay Lake Tower refurb dates

That's my hope (for the sake of our 1 BR we snagged last weekend). I guess if DisneyPoly got the call 2.5 weeks ago it is possible the decision was made after calling and relocating people..
I have a standard view studio over Halloween so in 3.5 weeks and I haven’t gotten a call. I think every person except maybe 1 that I’ve read has been called and moved has NOT been in standard view rooms.

I have a standard view studio over Halloween so in 3.5 weeks and I haven’t gotten a call. I think every person except maybe 1 that I’ve read has been called and moved has NOT been in standard view rooms.
I've seen reports of two -- one was Oct 19 for 7 nights and one was Oct 12 for 1 night. Both were standard studios.

ETA: both received "the call" prior to the availability last weekend.

That's my hope (for the sake of our 1 BR we snagged last weekend). I guess if DisneyPoly got the call 2.5 weeks ago it is possible the decision was made after calling and relocating people..
To clarify, I received the call this week ... 2 1/2 weeks prior to our arrival.

I've seen reports of two -- one was Oct 19 for 7 nights and one was Oct 12 for 1 night. Both were standard studios.

ETA: both received "the call" prior to the availability last weekend.
Clarifying ... I booked my nights last Saturday when the availability showed up (as I had a split stay at AKL and BL) when Bay Lake showed up for all 7 nights I grabbed it. I received the call on Tuesday night following.

Clarifying ... I booked my nights last Saturday when the availability showed up (as I had a split stay at AKL and BL) when Bay Lake showed up for all 7 nights I grabbed it. I received the call on Tuesday night following.
Hmm, that's interesting and unsettling.

Are pleased with the outcome? The rooms still have coffee maker and fridge/beverage cooler, right? I wonder if you could request a toaster or microwave?

I just checked in today. I reserved a lake view but got a standard I guess. The room overlooks basketball court and if I look through big tree I can see edge of lake. I called and was offered difference in points or cash or they keep on looking for lake view. I didn’t want to move again switch the bad weather coming so we stayed in the room. I was told I would see fireworks from here but I really don’t care to have a firework view. It’s a quick trip so I was happy with the offer

I just checked in today. I reserved a lake view but got a standard I guess. The room overlooks basketball court and if I look through big tree I can see edge of lake. I called and was offered difference in points or cash or they keep on looking for lake view. I didn’t want to move again switch the bad weather coming so we stayed in the room. I was told I would see fireworks from here but I really don’t care to have a firework view. It’s a quick trip so I was happy with the offer
What floor are you on?

We had that view. We did love it for the fireworks.

But we were hoping for that view.

Hope your trip goes well.

With some people suddenly getting switched with the sudden boatload of rooms open, I wonder if that's why we got our waitlist at BCV filled so fast. It was that night at BLT that I grabbed with all the open days.

I was going to make a new thread about this but I think this thread is probably the best place to ask.

As someone who is interested in buying a resale BLT contract (perfect combo of price, low dues, and location), part of why I'm buying in is due to the upcoming renovations. I feel the price will only go up as the renovation gets going. My question for those who want to speculate (or for current owners) is, what is the "range" of renovations we should expect?

As in, what is the bare minimum we should expect, and what would be the Crème de la crème of renovations (knowing what they've done for previous renovations at other DVC properties)?

For example, the bare minimum is, they'll add USB and maybe do murphy beds, but leave theming untouched and no new TVs. While the top dollar renovation would be new appliances, new TVs, new theming, etc.

I'm just trying to envision a range of outcomes when people express optimism about the BLT renovations.

As in, what is the bare minimum we should expect, and what would be the Crème de la crème of renovations (knowing what they've done for previous renovations at other DVC properties)?

For example, the bare minimum is, they'll add USB and maybe do murphy beds, but leave theming untouched and no new TVs. While the top dollar renovation would be new appliances, new TVs, new theming, etc.
There are two types of refurbs -- soft goods and full.

This is a full refurb, you should expect everything to be new.

I was going to make a new thread about this but I think this thread is probably the best place to ask.

As someone who is interested in buying a resale BLT contract (perfect combo of price, low dues, and location), part of why I'm buying in is due to the upcoming renovations. I feel the price will only go up as the renovation gets going. My question for those who want to speculate (or for current owners) is, what is the "range" of renovations we should expect?

I'm just trying to envision a range of outcomes when people express optimism about the BLT renovations.
This is a full refurb. Within that the standard expectation (what dues are in part paid for) would be a full gut job of all furnishing. Flooring furniture sinks vanities cabinets tile appliances furniture and in this case even doors (as validate that the pics we are already seen) will all be replaced. Dream state (crème de la creme as you state) for me would be going a step further and getting a click deeper into room (specifically bathroom) layout is changed to solve overarching problems. For example the galley kitchen in studios is ripped out and space given to the bathroom and room matching the layout at the new poly. I would not hold my breath on that type of remodel as the cost is significant when you start to move walls and plumbing in a major way. Interesting however there have already been a great deal of reports of heavy dust from construction which does indicate dry wall work. But all things considered these will be “new” rooms and public spaces once completed. The quality of the finishing and design choices of course play a big part in this as well.

This is a full refurb. Within that the standard expectation (what dues are in part paid for) would be a full gut job of all furnishing. Flooring furniture sinks vanities cabinets tile appliances furniture and in this case even doors (as validate that the pics we are already seen) will all be replaced. Dream state (crème de la creme as you state) for me would be going a step further and getting a click deeper into room (specifically bathroom) layout is changed to solve overarching problems. For example the galley kitchen in studios is ripped out and space given to the bathroom and room matching the layout at the new poly. I would not hold my breath on that type of remodel as the cost is significant when you start to move walls and plumbing in a major way. Interesting however there have already been a great deal of reports of heavy dust from construction which does indicate dry wall work. But all things considered these will be “new” rooms and public spaces once completed. The quality of the finishing and design choices of course play a big part in this as well.

I am in agreement with your assessment on resale price. If BRV is any indication when done right resale prices can increase significantly. Brv was trending around the $100 mark and post refurb is now in 120-130 land. But that’s an example of a room most everyone says “was done right” and the theming and design choices are spot on. Considering blt is still tied for the most expensive price per point direct at $275 no incentives and it’s location I believe the resale price is very low currently

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest