"Baking" at the value resort bus stops...

honestly we have never waited for more than 10 minutes and if you cant handle standing in the sun during this time compared to what you are exposing yourself all day in one of the parks then you shouldnt be in florida in the first place.;)

honestly we have never waited for more than 10 minutes and if you cant handle standing in the sun during this time compared to what you are exposing yourself all day in one of the parks then you shouldnt be in florida in the first place.;)

I think the difference for some people is that you are standing in one place in the sun. That direct, intense sun is different than moving from place to place around the parks. That said, I can understand that a Value is a Value resort. You get what you pay for.

We upgraded to a moderate for our next stay and are greatly looking forward to covered bus stops.

Actually, if you don't mind not waiting in line, there is a bit of shade over by the buildings at the All Star Resorts. You won't be "in line", but you can find some shade.

To continue to compare the Values to the Moderates, at Moderate resorts there are no lines for the bus at all. There is a cover and benches, but unless you stand at the sidewalk you are not 'in line". And not stantions to even form the lines.

Just an FYI.

This is our first value stay and I can say that I am somewhat concerned about this. I actually really liked just hanging out on the benches until the bus came. It was a pretty relaxing way to start the day. There was never too many people to fit on the buses at our bus stop, so there was no real need for a line of any sort. I'm curious to see if the value resorts are really worth it to us or not. I'm going to go in with a good attitude and hope for the best.

This is our first value stay and I can say that I am somewhat concerned about this. I actually really liked just hanging out on the benches until the bus came. It was a pretty relaxing way to start the day. There was never too many people to fit on the buses at our bus stop, so there was no real need for a line of any sort. I'm curious to see if the value resorts are really worth it to us or not. I'm going to go in with a good attitude and hope for the best.

I wouldnt let this fact of uncovered bus stops sway you in any manner. Have a great time!!

But you need to get in line in order to get on the buses. This line is outside in the direct sun next to the hot tar. It is very hot in line at times. That being said, most buses show up within 10-15 minutes. And, we'll be going down to Pop for our 4th straight year so the bus stops are not a deciding factor for us because most mornings its not brutally hot. :surfweb:

You can use the money you saved by staying at Value instead of Moderate or Deluxe and rent a car. That's what we do :) Disney busses are like cattle cars. Sweatty, smelly and horridly overcrowded.

Look at the Studios bus stops. Concrete, road, ropes, cover.

For some reason they dont want that at the values.

You can use the money you saved by staying at Value instead of Moderate or Deluxe and rent a car. That's what we do :) Disney busses are like cattle cars. Sweatty, smelly and horridly overcrowded.
But those are the same people in the lines and attractions in the parks, and your neighbors in the resort :confused3

I agree! I always rent a car and can be anywhere on property in minutes !
I refuse to take a Magic Bus from the airport and use Disney transportation. I want freedom to go shopping, church, etc .....
I have been to Disney Soooo many times I can drive from the airport to my resort without paying a toll :rotfl2: I have two rentals. One in October 9 days and the other in December 8 days. Total with taxes for mid size at Alamo using coupons is under $180 each visit .....

I have to laugh at this thread :dance3: AK and many other places are very hot. A covered bus stop will make your vacation resort better !
Florida is the wrong place to find shade :eek:

It's part of the what makes the values, moderates and deluxes different.

Values - no bus shelter at all.

Moderates - bus shelter but you have to walk uncovered to get to the bus stop.

Deluxes - bus shelter with covered walkway to get to the bus stop.

Cool post ...insert smiley holding up beer in toast... I never thought about the values not having any cover at bus stops. I was planning on staying at a value this Nov but for less than double the difference I can stay at a mod. Too bad business isn't better or I'd stay at the CR again...we stayed there for our first 3 visits and I never really appreciated the vacinity until I stayed at POR and had to take the bus.

I might be the only one who has never been bothered by this.

We've stayed at the Values in both July and August and it never really bothered us.

But I also did Marching Band Camp in Virginia humidity for 3 weeks in august from 7-12 and 5-9 for 4 years so I might be immune to the heat/humidity...lol
Once you've marched in 95 degree weather with 95% humidity, standing in line for a bus doesnt seem so bad.

I just made a ressie for Asmu for jan 2nd. I would imagine a covered bus stop won't really matter at that time of year as much as summer, though I definitely would prefer it during warm/hot seasons. It's that standing in one place under beating sun that makes the difference as opposed to walking around.

I do have another question. It will be our first visit to a value, we usually stay at CBR, and I, too, like the covered bus stop with benches to hang at while waiting for a bus. I was wondering if the bus stop at Asmu at least has benches? We don't usually go to the parks until early afternoon so I don't expect the lines to be as long as they would be in the morning. At CBR, the bus stops were usually fairly empty or very light on people waiting in the afternoons.

I think the difference for some people is that you are standing in one place in the sun. That direct, intense sun is different than moving from place to place around the parks. That said, I can understand that a Value is a Value resort. You get what you pay for.
We upgraded to a moderate for our next stay and are greatly looking forward to covered bus stops.

I agree. At ASMu last August, standing in the direct sun at 1000 in the morning...my shins started to sweat...never had that happen before. Moving thru the parks all day in the "same sun" didn't seem nearly intense as it was back at the bus stop, but maybe is was the distraction of the Magic?

I, too, never really cared about the fact that the bus stops are uncovered. We are never in line very long. And we all wear a hat when walking in the sun anywhere. DS's and I get in line, while DH goes off and has a smoke. He watches the roadway where the buses come in and if it's the bus we want he comes right back and gets in line - at the end. We've never been separated by not all making it onto our bus. I admit I like the roped off queues though. I take the commuter rail here in Boston daily, and the mad push to get on the train in the morning really sucks. You'd think these adults, who are only going to work, wouldn't push and cut line and shove but ...jeepers! :sad2: We don't have covered wait areas for the train either - except here I'd like them for snowy and rainy days! :thumbsup2

I do have another question. It will be our first visit to a value, we usually stay at CBR, and I, too, like the covered bus stop with benches to hang at while waiting for a bus. I was wondering if the bus stop at Asmu at least has benches? We don't usually go to the parks until early afternoon so I don't expect the lines to be as long as they would be in the morning. At CBR, the bus stops were usually fairly empty or very light on people waiting in the afternoons.

No benches. However you can usually get a seat on some of the letters that spell out All Stars outside of the resort. Keep in mind though that they have actual queues for the buses at the Value resorts. So if you are sitting on a letter, you are not in line. So keep an eye on how full the queue to where you want to go is getting.:)

But those are the same people in the lines and attractions in the parks, and your neighbors in the resort :confused3

And, your point? LOL!!! :lmao:

Just because I stand in queue with them, swim in the pools with them and/or sleep a few doors down from them doesn't mean I want to be crammed on a bus with them! Bumping into each other, touching strangers sweatty skin, smelling strangers nastiness... no thank you. NOT my ideal end to a long park day. :scared1:

:goodvibes

Just because I stand in queue with them, swim in the pools with them and/or sleep a few doors down from them doesn't mean I want to be crammed on a bus with them! Bumping into each other, touching strangers sweatty skin, smelling strangers nastiness... no thank you. NOT my ideal end to a long park day. :scared1:

Actually, standing in line is nothing like riding a bus. In line people try to keep a personal space, in bus, no such thing. And even when you go during slow times, evening bus is still overcrowded. :scared1:

No benches. However you can usually get a seat on some of the letters that spell out All Stars outside of the resort. Keep in mind though that they have actual queues for the buses at the Value resorts. So if you are sitting on a letter, you are not in line. So keep an eye on how full the queue to where you want to go is getting.:)

I could have sworn there were a couple of benches along the wall behind the big oversized letters. Perhaps my memory is fading along with my eyesight. :lmao:

Granted, if you try to use the benches in the early morning, you probably won't find yourself on the bus.

Agreed! This is one of the many reasons why we now rent a car each trip. There is no such thing as personal space on that bus at night.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter